Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    did Marvin ever beat Jim ??

isn't one of the reasons Palmer got drafted as early as he did, coz he beat Surtain long for a TD ??

didn't QJ put on a show against Michigan ??

do run first teams win Super Bowls ??

was the most glaring omission from our O of late, a lack of mid range lasers and longballs from JH10 ??
    not sure how literal to interpret run-first, but run-only teams do not win SBs anymore, the answer is an emphatic no.

I have no idea how Palmer got drafted as early as he did. I like him as a part of a WR group, he's not more than that though.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      did Marvin ever beat Jim ??

isn't one of the reasons Palmer got drafted as early as he did, coz he beat Surtain long for a TD ??

didn't QJ put on a show against Michigan ??

do run first teams win Super Bowls ??

was the most glaring omission from our O of late, a lack of mid range lasers and longballs from JH10 ??
      I think it was Surtain who was quoted as saying that Palmer was the toughest wideout he ever covered, or tried to cover...

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Go to CFL? not a chance ... he will emerge in 2024.
        He already emerged. His last 6 games (extrapolated out to 17 game season) have him with 80 receptions for 750 yards... in a popgun offense that used him incorrectly. Kellen Moore didn't get him into space where he could manufacture YAC... didn't get him deep on play-action because there was no running game.

QJ will be fine next year... and JP will retyrn to 70+ receptions without KA on the field to syphon off opportunities.
        80 receptions for a #1 WR and 75 receptions for a #2 WR are both very good numbers for a Roman/Harbaugh offense.
        Factor in that Bischoff believes that Hayden can be a Top-6 TE.
        Factor in that the offense will be balanced (55/45).

We're looking for a veteran FA WR after the draft (already stated)
        We're looking for a mid-round WR (in a deep class)... 3 or 4 visits with just those types already.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I was just listening to the Purple Daily, a Vikings podcast. I’ve listened to them for about a month now because of all this QB talk at 5 which they’ve been on for almost 2 months now and they were saying that there is talk that certain QBs have flat out told NE not to draft them…
          The roster is a tire fire and they saw how Mac Jones was treated there.
          Wow, so now we have a class-action Eli-style anti-Cheatriot boycott...the plot thickens...

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah but BB is gone.
            Those guys probably don't know shit like most fan podcasters lol.
            Maybe, it’s a pretty informative show. One of the guys on the show is Judd Zulgad ( what a name!) who worked in the media for a number of years at some of the big sports news outlets in Minneapolis. Hes a columnist. He’s pretty tuned into the sports teams up there and has contacts at a number of teams. He’s actually better than any of the Chargers podcasters. That show isn’t bad at all it’s pretty funny at times too. Their mantra is, “We just want to watch the Vikings win a SB before we fucking die”.
            They have some pretty good tales. There’s three guys and the youngest guy has some bad takes but the other two are really goody actually and I’ve listened to them fairly regularly because they are so up to speed, day to day on the whole draft process for MIN which may directly involve the Chargers.

The reason they were saying QBs were telling NE they did not want to play there was because even though BB is gone, the new regime is from his era. Yes, there has been changes but they are a tire fire on offense. And any QB who goes there will be in for a total rebuild with a HC who’s never done this.
            Where would you rather go? A defensive minded HC who’s new to the job, or a veteran HC who’s an offensive, QB guru? Like say the NYG? Who also don’t have a great roster but they a lot of the pieces already in place and a really good QB HC.

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, so now we have a class-action Eli-style anti-Cheatriot boycott...the plot thickens...
              Im betting it was Maye. He’s close with McCown, who coached him in HS and who is MIN QB coach now.
              And now there’s all this talk of NE liking JJ….

I also think that the spotlight in NE is really hot. The ghost of Tom Brady hasn’t left that city and expectations are other worldly…

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Flipping with the giants for a #2 pick I would do in a heartbeat over the vikings #11 and #23. We still get any player we want and get a free second rounder.
                Yeah, AZ still gets Nabers or Odunze at 6 and they get another 2nd. AZ would then have 2 2nds and 3 3rds.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Im betting it was Maye. He’s close with McCown, who coached him in HS and who is MIN QB coach now.
                  And now there’s all this talk of NE liking JJ….

I also think that the spotlight in NE is really hot. The ghost of Tom Brady hasn’t left that city and expectations are other worldly…
                  Yep...I'm thinking the pressure to produce in Beantown rivals or exceeds that of the USC alumni to reach the BCS, or come close to it every year, along with beating Notre Dame and UCLA...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Flipping with the giants for a #2 pick I would do in a heartbeat over the vikings #11 and #23. We still get any player we want and get a free second rounder.
                    The Vikings #11 and #23 is worth 2010 points.
                    The Giants #6 and #47 is worth 2030 points.

Are you saying that Nabers +20 points is worth MHJ...?
                    I'm not buying that.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Yeah, AZ still gets Nabers or Odunze at 6 and they get another 2nd. AZ would then have 2 2nds and 3 3rds.
                      I doubt if AZ hands MHJ over for 20 points gain.
                      They don't need extra picks... they've got those.
                      2 weeks ago Nabers was a hot-head...
                      2 days ago, Nabers became a hot-head with really bad judgement skills.
                      I wasn't a model citizen @19 years old either. Having said that, I didn't walk down Bourbon Street with a 9-mm hanging out my jeans.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I wasn't a model citizen @19 years old either. Having said that, I didn't walk down Bourbon Street with a 9-mm hanging out my jeans.
                        Now that’s not conjecture!
                        Although if a team likes a player, then they might ignore points…

I think AZ is taking MH2 and LAC are trading with MIN.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think it's going to become pretty clear in the NFL that Marvin Harrison, Jr. is much better than Malik Nabers. The extra pick would look nice on Draft Day, but in the long run passing on Harrison to gain an extra second-round pick would probably look extremely foolish.

Comment

Working...
                          X