• Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    So we’re only missing Alt, Ladd, and Eboigbe

I'm sure the players aren't necessarily thrilled but I love the slotted contract values associated with their draft position. In the old days it was like the wild wild west - agents / players / parents running amuck. Teams had day 3 draft choices holding out and were never sure when their top choices would be available. Makes it hard to get production out of a player's 1st season when they come in late to camp as a rookie, and the general managers must have really hated those contract negotiations AND not knowing how the cap would be affected until the last minute.

I don't miss it at all . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

wow, that was fast, the other guys should sign soon too, with the contract values being slotted there isn't much reason to delay these signings especially since everyone wants these guys to be here for their orientations and rookie camps etc....

Unless your last name is Bosa of course . . . . . . .

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Unless your last name is Bosa of course . . . . . . .
        dude was never about this team and paying him money he didn't deserved didn't do anything to change that...but that was the old way of doing things, this'll be the last year we have to see him in bolts...what's the over under on the number of games he'll be in uniform? I don't gamble but take the under whatever that number is, LOL
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I get the frustration, but not the bashing.

Is the idea supposed to be that Joey Bosa fakes injuries or something ?

I see a player who can help us.

Give him a healthy season, and pride will fuel him to approach his brothers accomplishments.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

So Bosa has kinda been averaging one healthy season on, followed by one injured season off, back n forth. But he’s been dinged up 2 years running now, so maybe this is the year he rebounds to bring back the average? Ok maybe I’m grasping at straws here, but as far as I know all of his injuries over the years have been of the ‘soft tissue’ variety. So theoretically, if anyone can help, it should be Ben Herbert.
            Lol i said exactly that before the start of last season. I hope I just missed it by one year, as with the entire Year Of The Flip.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

It seems to be working fine for his brother, Joey's is just more injury prone and his body has already sustained some pretty nasty injuries, it's not going to improve with age, on top of that Joey has some mental illness issues that he's been dealing with, I forget if he's bipolar or suffers from clinical depression, whatever it is, it's undeniable that it has affected his career every bit as much as any of his physical injuries have...
              I haven't checked the side by side but his brother has been injured a shit-ton too, per my casual impression.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                So we’re only missing Alt, Ladd, and Eboigbe

Also signed the 21 undrafted free agents...

The DJ Chark numbers are official - can make $2.9m with incentives. So not bad, under $3m

Chargers easily could still have about $10m of net cap space if they save about $10m for the in-season injured reserve and practice squad.

Comment

• Highboltage
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

wow, that was fast, the other guys should sign soon too, with the contract values being slotted there isn't much reason to delay these signings especially since everyone wants these guys to be here for their orientations and rookie camps etc....
                  The more they are getting paid, they more they negotiate about how it's paid to them.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post

The more they are getting paid, they more they negotiate about how it's paid to them.
                    then how do you explain colson? he's a third rounder and he signed already before our 4rth rounder...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I haven't checked the side by side but his brother has been injured a shit-ton too, per my casual impression.
                      Do the Niners still need an Edge rusher for $8m

Just hope Bosa is healthy - if not, its his last year with the team.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

then how do you explain colson? he's a third rounder and he signed already before our 4rth rounder...
                        It seems the second rounders are some of the last too sign. First rounders are easy as they are slotted. And though second rounders are also slotted - some teams guarantee the salaries at the top of the second more than other. McConkey was the 35th player taken - so he probably will get a fully guaranteed deal - just not the signing bonus.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

All the rookies will be signed, and shortly at that. There is zero point or cause for any hand wringing.

Comment

Working...
                          X