• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Nabers is the guy it would kill me to pass on in this draft. But the guy who adds the most win share to the club (if there is even such a thing) is Alt. Protect the QB, improve the passing and running game, bring toughness. He just adds more value IMO.

At least Hortiz appears to be a rational drafter and team builder unlike the previous scatter brain. And hopefully a guy who has more talent at evaluating offensive linemen.
    Yep...u can have the fastest, best wideout in the game, but if your QB keeps getting battered time and time again, then gets injured, that wideout does no good...do we REALLY want to see how well Pip does again vs. Maxx?...draft Alt...PROTECT THE FRANCHISE!!!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think they will let Ekeler test the market and he will go about his future career with another team. Everett and Vato as well
      Ekkie is gone...no way he comes back...especially after he whined about RB's getting underpaid...AND, let's not forget that Ekkie's rushing last season wasn't all that impressive...not to mention his butterfingers...

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think they will let Ekeler test the market and he will go about his future career with another team. Everett and Vato as well
        Boooooo.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Best way to think about Pip is swing OT, and can we get that production cheaper? If so, a promising rookie perhaps, then trade him.
          Yep...all those years of coaching up Pip, a reach and a prospect...and he's still mediocre...if Hortiz can find a better cheap backup for Alt in a rook, more power to him...and adios, Pip...

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Fuck you TT for leaving us with Pipkins at RT. No wonder you’re gone. This could potentially cost us a playmaker in the draft. Nabers or Bowers. SMH.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• SK21209
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2020
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

Sewell was a significantly better tackle prospect than Alt and is one of the best o-lineman in the league now, but he had to see a sports psychologist when they moved him to RT his first training camp and his rookie season was fairly rocky. It's not an automatic transition. I don't think taking a LT at #5, moving him to RT and hoping he takes to it, paying him a Top 5 draft pick salary and having Pipkins as a pretty expensive swing tackle or dead money makes sense.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But if we are trading him, we wont do it til after June 1st and save that 6.25 m
                Remember, the Bolts don't have an out on Pip's deal until AFTER the 2024 season:

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Remember, the Bolts don't have an out on Pip's deal until AFTER the 2024 season:

image.png
                  They do.

They can trade him after June 1st and save 6.25 m and a dead cap of 2.5. OTC shows that, spotrac doesnt i guess. A trade post June trade is the only way though. A post June cut wont do it.
                  Gp check out OTC. I like that better than Spotrac.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...all those years of coaching up Pip, a reach and a prospect...and he's still mediocre...if Hortiz can find a better cheap backup for Alt in a rook, more power to him...and adios, Pip...
                    One more year as a Swing tackle if you cannot trade him. Might be the best alternative. I think he is better than Sarell and Norton - who have been the swing tackle in the past

It took many years to get to this point - 3 with just Staley and Telesco - going to take a couple offseasons to fix everything.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I’m looking forward to Pipkins as a Raider.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They do.

They can trade him after June 1st and save 6.25 m and a dead cap of 2.5. OTC shows that, spotrac doesnt i guess. A trade post June trade is the only way though. A post June cut wont do it.
                        Gp check out OTC. I like that better than Spotrac.
                        They can trade him pre June 1 - just the cap savings drops from 6.25m to 3.75m - but no future cap hit in 2025.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Mike Williams when healthy.
                          Man i hate to see him go to a rival and he stays healthy with them.

Comment

Working...
                          X