• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yes, I get what you are saying. To sweeten the trade pot - the Chargers agree to pay the bonus which lowers the bill for the new team. But if that happens - the draft pick would have to be something other than a 7th

And yes, if on March 13 when the league year opens that MW is still on the roster but Allen has been extended and Fox released (or another move to create a bit of cap space) - could mean MW is being traded
    You get too technical.

Who said anything about a 7th? Thats your give away price lol.

I doubt we pay anything just to get a 7th. He is worth more even coming off an injury. Im just saying they can cut him right this second and theres no reason not to UNLESS a team has an interest in him and something may be in the works...and likely more than a 7th.

I am, certain more teams think more of MW than this forum does. Here We always devalue our guys if they get hurt and dont make a pro bowl. Some are already calling QJ a bust when he had very similar stats to Devante Adams in their rookie seasons.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You get too technical.

Who said anything about a 7th? Thats your give away price lol.

I doubt we pay anything just to get a 7th. He is worth more even coming off an injury. Im just saying they can cut him right this second and theres no reason not to UNLESS a team has an interest in him and something may be in the works...and likely more than a 7th.

I am, certain more teams think more of MW than this forum does. Here We always devalue our guys if they get hurt and dont make a pro bowl. Some are already calling QJ a bust when he had very similar stats to Devante Adams in their rookie seasons.
      fair enough but my point was more, if the Chargers are paying money - it better drive the price of the pick to be much better than not paying money - thats all I was saying

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

players usually postpone the bonuses to facilitate trades, it doesn't make sense for the chargers to pay a roster bonus for a player that will not be on the roster...

if you're the chargers, how do you not make a run at Christian Wilkins?
        Because it doesnt make sense this year. The Ravens never sign top FA guys and thats where Hortiz learned from.

We have work to do to be able to sing anyone and there are teams with a ton of space that can sign Wilkins before we would even be ready.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
          This is just old man yelling/staring at clouds. Since the pandi I've been losing interest in sports. Over saturation of broadcast-streaming. Still love my Chargers, Padres and Rockets. Just don't watch the games as intently.

Believe the roster needs a large overall. Especially the cap eaters. Don't think Mack brings back more than a 4th. So be it. Bosa, Williams, AND Allen can go. We have a new coach and GM, give them a season of grace and rebuild. Feel for Herbert. Not giving up on the season, just an infusion of the roster. Yes, easier said than done. That's their job.

Seems the board was positive on the cutting of Kendricks. Which leads me to my question. For 3 straight years we have cut our leading tackler, White, Tranquill and now Kendricks. Understand to a degree Kendricks, the dollar amount. Still his productivity was solid. White, who I loved and Tranquill was a solid team guy. Tranquill in particular signed for peanuts. What am I missing? Yes, coaching. Promoting Ansley was a joke. Guess Staley wanted to keep control and put a straw man in charge. For the most part football is not like BB where you have stat stuffers. Somebody has to make a tackle. Those three made more than their share. Remember the nay sayers. Kyzir , a college safety, too small to play LB. Tranquill, multiple knee injuries in college. Kendricks, lost a step or two. What's all that say about the other 10 starters, who relatively did not put up near the #s of those 3 guys.

Sorry for the oration. But to sum up, in with the new, out with the old. Not going full youth movement, need some vets to step up and FAs. And please dear God, trade down. I'll now go back to nap time.
          9 posts in 6 years? it would be nice if we heard from folks like yourself more often...I was a reader for several years before I joined and now I kind of regret not participating more from the get go...hope to se more posts from you as the offseason develops, and this is one for the ages, it's one of the more intriguing offseasons in my 46 years of being a fan...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Has anyone considered, with the tremendous WR talent available at 5, that we might part ways with more than 1 receiver, cut or trade? Even Slayer himself? Cold, hard stuff, I admit...but do you really stack up that receiver room like that, for a coach with a power running/playaction, predominate 12 personnel offense, backed by good defense? Doesnt seem to add up....hard for me to see Slayer, Q, Palmer, Derius even...AND MHjr/Odunze/Nabors at 5...
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Because it doesnt make sense this year. The Ravens never sign top FA guys and thats where Hortiz learned from.

We have work to do to be able to sing anyone and there are teams with a ton of space that can sign Wilkins before we would even be ready.
              If Mack is not traded - but extended - what is the difference between signing Mack for 3/63 or Wilkins 3/68 - aside from the 5m
              that is big money going to a player

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Mack is not traded - but extended - what is the difference between signing Mack for 3/63 or Wilkins 3/68 - aside from the 5m
                that is big money going to a player
                Do you really think that will happen at 33? Never know i guess.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Do you really think that will happen at 33? Never know i guess.
                  Its why I think he gets traded -- in lieu of signing him to a multi year deal that I think he would want. Granted, maybe he jsut plays on the 23m but the Chargers probably need to move some of that money to sign other players as even extending Allen and moving on from Bosa and MW - paying Mack is 23m straight - tight cap

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Has anyone considered, with the tremendous WR talent available at 5, that we might part ways with more than 1 receiver, cut or trade? Even Slayer himself? Cold, hard stuff, I admit...but do you really stack up that receiver room like that, for a coach with a power running/playaction, predominate 12 personnel offense, backed by good defense? Doesnt seem to add up....hard for me to see Slayer, Q, Palmer, Derius even...AND MHjr/Odunze/Nabors at 5...
                    This is my thinking as well. Even if we move down we could grab Brian Thomas as well at #11. There might be receivers that are drafted in the third round who become eventual starters for teams in their second season. The draft is that deep but superstar talent in the top 10 for sure.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

We all want this resolved sooner than later and probably the players themselves want to know sooner than later, but considering that Hortiz and Harbaugh transitioned in pretty late in the process due to the longer than usual hiring cycle, I think the best thing is for them to take their time and look into all the different possibilities rather than rush things...who knows, maybe Hortiz is workin on getting some draft capital instead of just outright releasing all of these guys, that could include the players restructuring to team friendly terms before being moved which would help the chargers even more than has been predicted...take Joey for instance, he wants to play with his brother in SF, he's need to rework his deal so that it could help the 49ers fit him under the cap...what would something like that mean to the chargers in terms of clearing cap space, I mean if Joey took a paycut as a condition of going to SF?
                      I don't care if the resolve anything "sooner than later". I could not give a (xx). The season starts in September. Trust in JH2 means just that. I have zero concern they will wake up and say "oh fuck, we missed a deadline!" - they won't.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Duck of Death
                        Social Piranha
                        • May 2022
                        • Flyover, USA
                        • Send PM

supposedly he's willing to play for vet minimum in 2024 as he'll still get 40 mil from the broncos in 2024, so anything he gets over minimum comes off of the number that Denver owes him and the word is he wants to stick it to the broncos, so now he's looking like a hot commodity for a lot of teams without a QB...
                        Definitely. Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see how Russ isn’t already the hottest commodity. He wasn’t terrible last year (26 TDs, 8 INTs, 66% comp rate), AND he’s willing to play for pennies, AND he’s got extra motivation to prove his doubters wrong?? The other FA QBs all come with loads more risk. For this next season, Russ has virtually no risk at all. A team like Atlanta (decent OL) could pick him up, while still drafting a QB who wouldn’t have to be thrown immediately into the fire.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

So...the Bills just resigned an olineman they had on a 1 year deal last year, to a two year deal.

So...we can, in fact, start resigning our own players we want to keep?

I get this free agency shit mixed up every year, but apparently, no news out of Charger park tells me they are not falling over themselves to return any impending free agents. Like Alohi, K9, Vato, etc.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X