• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Update on the Texans trade. We made the better choice to send him to Chicago instead.

All depnds on the pick swap of course but end of the day, two picks at top of 4th round is pretty similar to a late 3rd and a late 4th - plus he goes to the NFC which is a bonus.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

It painful and some fans cant seem to deal with it but this is the business of the NFL, and the good organizations make hard decisions sometimes and dont keep veteran players too long. The Patriots moved on from players when they were winning 6 super bowls. So do the Chiefs. The money Tyreek wanted didnt fit into their salary structure so they moved him in his prime and kept winning.

And people need to be clear, the Chargers wanted to keep Keenan and approached him on working with them so he could stay and they could field a competitive team. Keenan was having none of it.

Manning didnt retire a Colt, he gave way to a younger franchise QB. Even Brady didnt retire with his first team.
      This is THE central point and is exactly where Harbaugh and Hortiz are taking us.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• LarryAW
        Chargers fan since 1970
        • Sep 2018
        • Chula Vista, CA
        • retired paralegal/court reporter
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We keep seeing nonsense about us trading Herbert to Minnesota and one guy told me on Twiter that if we trade him, we wouldnt have any dead cap. I told him he was high. So i know we would but im not following those things like you are so ill throw it your way.

I know we will never trade him for one he has a no trade clause but just want to know.....i see if we trade him a dead cap of 108 mil and a 90 mil cap hit to us. Am i seeing that right?

This dude tried to tell me the other team would inherit his contract and they would but we still getting fucked by trading him right? I dont know what he is smoking.
        Tell him we traded Keenan to Chicago, and his cap hit to the Chargers this year is $11,615, 500. Cap hits are at the bottom of the following OTC Page:

Los Angeles Chargers salary cap, contracts, bonus money, dead money, and cap savings for every player

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

1. Teams mostly care about compensation. Players care about destination. And the two teams the Chargers would allow him to be traded to were two AFC Teams? What a complete load of horseshit. Sorry.
          2. Translation: Before the Bears got involved, the Chargers had two trade offers: from the Jets and the Texans.
          3. What they didn't allow, was for him to be released, without compensation, to pick his choice of team. Sorry about that.
          4, Interestingly, an NFC team got involved (good for us), who just happened to employ his 2021 - 2023 WR coach here, who was fired.

ADDED: He might have other trade offers, other than the Texans and Jets, but their trade offers weren't as good as the Texans and Jets. Those picks couldn't have been equal, and they gave him that choice, anyway. Think about that.
          It's important to mention why both Keenan and Mike were not exactly looking forward to being Chargers under the new regime, their reps were going to be cut way down regardless, meaning that any future deals would be reflective of reduced production under a new run heavy scheme...and Keenan is used to being the focal point, it's hard to let that go...some guys do it to stay with 'their' team and others don't...

Hortiz and Harbaugh cut and traded the guys that refused to work with them, if it wasn't for Mack working with them, even Bosa probably doesn't do what he did, all four of these guys and there agents along with a lot of NFL teams were just ready to pounce on that new cap money if the Chargers had panicked and just cut ties with everyone as expected...

Yeah we get nothing for Mike, but we squeezed a very high 4rth rounder out of Keenan instead of waiting until 2026 to get a very low 5th round compensatory pick for him...So Hortiz got a pick almost 2 rounds higher by biting the bullet now and also we cleared the books of his dead cap going into 2025, correct?

Instead of losing Mack for nothing we will get a 5th rounder for him in 2026...Joey we will cut next offseason before the FA period unless they are planning to trade him before or during the coming draft or after June 1st or maybe even during the season...Bosa postponed his roster bonus this year to make sure that he became a free agent in 2025, he wants to play with his brother, so he leveraged his 7mil roster bonus into freedom in 2025 and that won't change even if another team 'rents' him for a season, I can't imagine anyone giving the chargers much in exchange for Joey knowing that his huge 15.5million roster bonus looms in the offseason and that he will not even net them a return compensatory in free agency, he would have to be having a strong year and healthy and then why would the chargers trade him? if his trade doesn't happen between now and the start of training camp, I don't think he'll get traded...

So it still remains to be seen if Mike is the only one of the four that didn't net a return in draft capital for Hortiz, Joey might also fall in that category...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
            I kinda remember that when we had Perryman, we were always complaining that he made alot of tackles, however the tackles were 5 yards downfield instead of at the line of scrimmage.
            Perryman's biggest issue was his injury history. If we can get him at a good price, I'd love to have him. Interestingly enough, some players lose that injury bug, and become much more successful due to their availability.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We keep seeing nonsense about us trading Herbert to Minnesota and one guy told me on Twiter that if we trade him, we wouldnt have any dead cap. I told him he was high. So i know we would but im not following those things like you are so ill throw it your way.

I know we will never trade him for one he has a no trade clause but just want to know.....i see if we trade him a dead cap of 108 mil and a 90 mil cap hit to us. Am i seeing that right?

This dude tried to tell me the other team would inherit his contract and they would but we still getting fucked by trading him right? I dont know what he is smoking.
              You are correct - absolutely. The other team would inherit his yearly base salaries but the Chargers paid him such a large signing bonus - they would eat that - which is your $100m figure.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

That RAS Score? I wouldn't be crying. The top 3 are all difference-makers and I'm sure there are others, too.
                Well, i dont know what his score was but im not a RAS score guy anyways. Dont matter to me if its 10 or 5....i see tape.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It's important to mention why both Keenan and Mike were not exactly looking forward to being Chargers under the new regime, their reps were going to be cut way down regardless, meaning that any future deals would be reflective of reduced production under a new run heavy scheme...and Keenan is used to being the focal point, it's hard to let that go...some guys do it to stay with 'their' team and others don't...

Hortiz and Harbaugh cut and traded the guys that refused to work with them, if it wasn't for Mack working with them, even Bosa probably doesn't do what he did, all four of these guys and there agents along with a lot of NFL teams were just ready to pounce on that new cap money if the Chargers had panicked and just cut ties with everyone as expected...

Yeah we get nothing for Mike, but we squeezed a very high 4rth rounder out of Keenan instead of waiting until 2026 to get a very low 5th round compensatory pick for him...So Hortiz got a pick almost 2 rounds higher by biting the bullet now and also we cleared the books of his dead cap going into 2025, correct?

Instead of losing Mack for nothing we will get a 5th rounder for him in 2026...Joey we will cut next offseason before the FA period unless they are planning to trade him before or during the coming draft or after June 1st or maybe even during the season...Bosa postponed his roster bonus this year to make sure that he became a free agent in 2025, he wants to play with his brother, so he leveraged his 7mil roster bonus into freedom in 2025 and that won't change even if another team 'rents' him for a season, I can't imagine anyone giving the chargers much in exchange for Joey knowing that his huge 15.5million roster bonus looms in the offseason and that he will not even net them a return compensatory in free agency, he would have to be having a strong year and healthy and then why would the chargers trade him? if his trade doesn't happen between now and the start of training camp, I don't think he'll get traded...

So it still remains to be seen if Mike is the only one of the four that didn't net a return in draft capital for Hortiz, Joey might also fall in that category...
                  Keenan knew the all O and no D days were over he’d be doing a shit ton of hard core blocking for the majority of games and at his age that wear and tear along with what you said simply wasn’t appealing at all. He didn’t make it through last years season without injury, there’s just no way in hell he was going to in Harbaugh/Roman offense.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The grand Charger tradition of ushering LBs on their last legs out of the league. Spikes, Davis, Kendricks and now Denzel.
                      Spikes and Kendricks were at least serviceable...but Old Man Davis...not so much...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                        Enjoy Chicago in January….

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                          I'm very pleased with the way he has handled this offseason so far. We're heading in the right direction by building a team the right way. I'm looking forward to what else is ahead, not worrying about a receiver who is about to be 32 years old.
                          Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                          It painful and some fans cant seem to deal with it but this is the business of the NFL, and the good organizations make hard decisions sometimes and dont keep veteran players too long. The Patriots moved on from players when they were winning 6 super bowls. So do the Chiefs. The money Tyreek wanted didnt fit into their salary structure so they moved him in his prime and kept winning.

And people need to be clear, the Chargers wanted to keep Keenan and approached him on working with them so he could stay and they could field a competitive team. Keenan was having none of it.

Manning didnt retire a Colt, he gave way to a younger franchise QB. Even Brady didnt retire with his first team.
                          Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          This is THE central point and is exactly where Harbaugh and Hortiz are taking us.
                          This is where I am at too. Your synopsis is especially good, Canadian. It is truth. I more than anybody didn't want to lose Keenan, and said people who thought he would be traded are crazy. But I see he efficacy of it now and am at peace. If they draft Marvin Harrison Jr. or Malik Nabers, we will forget about Keenan.

Comment

Working...
                          X