• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Keenan was a great WR last year. I felt he was the best route runner in the NFL.
    On the other hand he's getting old and has missed games with injuries in the recent past.
    At some point he may just fall off a cliff in health and he cost a fortune in cap.
    Rookie MHJ, Odunze, Nabers are a step down from KA in being open every down if KA is fully healthy.
    They have greater speed and are the future where KA is not.
    We won't be counting on one WR to save us in 2024. Rather multiple WR, TE, RB rec options and a healthy run game,
    Which all adds up to our offense not being as easy to defend as it was last year.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Re Perryman and his tackles 5 yards past the LOS:

Somebody remind me who was playing in front of him? Cuz I remember on a lot of those tackles, he was fighting off OL cuz the DL had sat them on their asses.
      Perryman seemed to play better after he left the Chargers. Did he not make a Pro Bowl with the Raiders if I am not mistaken?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

To clarify that is the one he did in his hotel room after the basketball games he called? If so, it's definitely a must watch for any Chargers fan.
        Yes thats the one, the most recent one. I agree a must watch for his informed and measured take on the Keenan trade, a player he loves

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Your either part of the solution or part of the problem...the way I see it is if you've been collecting a big paycheck and you haven't accomplished anything then your not really helping. The Chargers know KA lifespan is ticking and this problem would have presented itself again next year so why delay the inevitable?

Your either part of the solution or part of the problem........."or you become part of the solution to the problem" Joe Hortiz.......

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

One more thing that should be pointed out about Slayer--IF the Bolts would have kept Allen with NO pay cut and NO restructure, how would Mack and Bosa have felt? Would it have caused some resentment and locker room cancer? I don't know, but it's possible...Allen would have been the only one out of the Big Four to escape without having to either get cut like Mike Will or restructure...
            I wondered about that as well. Bosa has no room to say or feel any type of way as his production has been non existent the past 2 years. Mack doesn't seem like that kind of guy but who knows. He's a valuable team leader for the defense. I'm glad he's back. Will be glad if Bosa can stay healthy but not counting on it

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

this is the biggest question to me as well. I am not on the MHJ train and would rather have Nabers or Odunze. I even more, I would like them to trade back. If MHJ is there and sooooo many people are floored with MHJ and he’s the best player in the draft and a generational talent blah blah blah. You could probably get picks close to what a QB would bring you. AZ might trade back up to take him for a little less compensation and they still have three 1st round picks. They have three 3rds. I’d take 2 of those to move back to 11. Man the draft should be exciting this year.
              Daniel Jeremiah has MH, Odunze and Nabers as his 2nd, 3rd and 4th rated players in this years draft. I could live with any of them.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Daniel Jeremiah has MH, Odunze and Nabers as his 2nd, 3rd and 4th rated players in this years draft. I could live with any of them.
                Me too. Happy with all 3 of those studs.

I think many fans under estimate Odunze. NFL scouts dont. I have read the Chargers love him. His gauntlet drill at the combine was impeccable which is actually more important than the 40, though he did run a 4.45 which is very respectable for a big WR. Harbaugh and Roman will love that he is a very willing and good blocker also

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

I found this article on the Vikings page, it's kind of long but it discusses multiple trade up scenarios for the Vikings to get into the top 5, what it would cost and what seems more likely to happen, not surprising the trade up with the Chargers seems like the most realistic one for the Vikes...

just scroll down and you'll see the different breakdowns for a trade with either the Chargers, the Cardinals, the Patriots, or the Commanders, they don't even bother to list the Bears as it's pretty clear that Chicago is not trading that pick this time and the cost would be absurdly high...

Tyler Forness explores what would it cost for theMinnesota Vikings to trade up for a quarterback in the 2024 NFL Draft after they acquired the 23rd overall pick.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Perryman seemed to play better after he left the Chargers. Did he not make a Pro Bowl with the Raiders if I am not mistaken?
                    Yes
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Re Perryman and his tackles 5 yards past the LOS:

Somebody remind me who was playing in front of him? Cuz I remember on a lot of those tackles, he was fighting off OL cuz the DL had sat them on their asses.
                      I remember one hit at the LOS or a little behind that has stuck in my mind. Looked like the RB had been hit with high voltage voltage the way his hair stuck straight out at all angles when DP nailed him.
                      Perryman hit with serious violence when he got a clean shot. he was suspended recently for using the top of his helmet. He plays a little rough but Harbaugh might like that.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I remember one hit at the LOS or a little behind that has stuck in my mind. Looked like the RB had been hit with high voltage voltage the way his hair stuck straight out at all angles when DP nailed him.
                        Perryman hit with serious violence when he got a clean shot. he was suspended recently for using the top of his helmet. He plays a little rough but Harbaugh might like that.
                        Get him on a reasonable 1 year deal that Hortiz likes and i bet he is more effective at tackling and run stopping than Kenneth Murray.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Arlington, TX
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Blastttoff View Post
                          Can we get leighton vander Esch for a cheap 1 year deal?
                          Could be worth a flier with our new spending money now
                          From what I read earlier, I think LVE will most likely end up having to retire due to his neck injuries.

Comment

Working...
                          X