• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Which is my point - he is just not looking at 2024 as the end goal - he is thinking of the bigger picture
    Center, RB, DT, LB, even TE, a pass catching TE - all on the board even though all have been addressed in free agency
    I'd place higher PON levels on WR, DT, RB right now

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'd place higher PON levels on WR, DT, RB right now
      Totally agree. I would add CB too.

I think its going to be a pretty different draft. Not just the players taken but the process - does he move back, get extra picks but in say in Round 4 after thinking on it overnight is like, okay, I see a guy I want, going to go get him.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

What about an OC/OG?

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          What about an OC/OG?
          My guess, downstream or next year. We have Jaimes, McFadden for depth currently. No telling how Devlin and Hardwick feel about them. OTAs may move C up.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

This just in off the High Speed Sports Wire! You heard it here first, folks! A major Chargers signing!

The Bolts have just signed Bozely Bradman, who my secret sources tell me has a basketball background, where he played Center.

REACTION!!! This is Lee 'Crack Pipe' Hamilton, and Eyyyyyye want to hear from EWE, Torrance! Light up those lines, Pala Mesa! Give me a ringy-ding-ding, Hesperia! What do I have to do to get a call here, take hostages?!?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, its crazy how posters are in panic mode in mid march over WRs. The season dont start till Sept and they will be looking to upgrade the roster right up to that point. Draft is WR loaded. I just dont understand the panic.

I guess thats why during the pandemic everyone rushed out and bought up all the toilet paper and water . I still dont get the toilet paper panic.

Have you ever run out??? Paper towels and napkins are a poor substitute . . . . . . . . . That doesn't mean you should run out and by 200 rolls.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Totally agree. I would add CB too.

I think its going to be a pretty different draft. Not just the players taken but the process - does he move back, get extra picks but in say in Round 4 after thinking on it overnight is like, okay, I see a guy I want, going to go get him.
                He can stay put, and get his pick of the litter of elite non-QB prospects, most likely minus Marvin Harrison, Jr. Nabers and Odunze top the list in this scenario.

OR... if things unfold in a novel, unexpected fashion... That means a QB that some team is desperate for is still there at #5, and Joe Hortiz can weigh offers for the pick.

Who the Bolts then have access to drafting then depends on who they completed the trade with, but if Hortiz can acquire three extra Day 2 picks, he'd have a change to rebuild the undercarriage of this team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

My point was more this there really hasn't been anybody signed in free agency that precludes them from drafting for that position. Now it the Chargers had signed Wilkins or Madubuike for IDL - that probably takes IDL off the board. Even TE, they have Dissly who is a blocker with Parham and Hurst, - I can still that being an area that he could draft for somebody with pass catching skills

I also agree that BPA is not end all be all - you have to building a roaster

Now is Center at 37 the pick I want to see - probably not. I too want either WR if not in R1 or CB. But so far, Hortiz has been pretty solid in my book for this offseason. I think the draft is going to be different this year - I don't expect any Craig Magers and "who the hell is that guy?" type picks
                  I hear ya and I fully admit I don't know. Its hard to tell what they think about The Boze from the outside. He was very good 2 yrs ago, he was awful last year. I suspect, with no particular expertise (hence a guess), that the complete dysfunction at CAR was to blame - revolving door JAG OGs, switch to a zone scheme that didnt' suit him, a rookie QB holding the ball forever, firing the HC/Offense designer early in the season, no skill weapons, etc - and they know it and grabbed a jewel out of the trash bin that they think will work very well at OC.

Its a very good bet that Roman will install more of a power blocking scheme, given his history. IF they think what I've guessed, and they will know vs me just guessing, then the imperative to expend an early Day 2 pick on OC drops from 70%+ to 20% and a handful of positions that have much higher cap value will also have very good talent options and be a "better" overall team pick. But if they view Bozeman as just an insurance policy/depth, they may still rate OC very high and could take a Zach early. My bet today, for reasons listed, is they don't. we'll know in 5 weeks lol.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Have you ever run out??? Paper towels and napkins are a poor substitute . . . . . . . . . That doesn't mean you should run out and by 200 rolls.
                    No, never come close. But what im getting at is why did the pandemic make them need more TP?
                    ​​​​Did people think they would be shitting more than normal during the pandemic?
                    Very strange imo. Water I can understand but I didn't drink more water than normal during it either.
                    People acting whacky and some couldn't stand having to stay home lol.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Bradley Bozeman, Bozely Bradman.
                      Is it the same player ?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

No, never come close. But what im getting at is why did the pandemic make them need more TP?
                        ​​​Did people think they would be shitting more than normal during the pandemic?
                        Very strange imo. Water I can understand but I didn't drink more water than normal during it either.
                        People acting whacky and some couldn't stand having to stay home lol.
                        Four years already
                        flew by - from the Lynn to the Staley to the Harbaugh era: pre during and post covid

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Agree, its crazy how posters are in panic mode in mid march over WRs. The season dont start till Sept and they will be looking to upgrade the roster right up to that point. Draft is WR loaded. I just dont understand the panic.

I guess thats why during the pandemic everyone rushed out and bought up all the toilet paper and water . I still dont get the toilet paper panic.
                          Yep...imagine...the world is coming to an end, but all some people can think about is how they're going to wipe their butt...

Comment

Working...
                          X