• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd like us to take Beebe @#23...best OG in the draft...a chance he lasts to our #37, but he IS the top rated G...
    Beebe and Mahogany should go later...round 3,4.
    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Zak Zinter

2023 unanimous All American, even missing games due to broken leg.

2022 and 23 First team all Big Ten

2021 second team all Big Ten

Watch his tape...cant believe consensus rankings have him so low...this is a second rounder, and immediate starter in this league...

If he actually falls to the late 3rd/4th...thats a steal.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Fuaga (gone by ~ pick #10) and Fautanu have more scheme and position versatility.
        Latham is purely a Gap-Power ORT and that serves our purposes just fine.
        The run on tackles will occur before, during or after the run on QBs and WRs.
        Who knows ?
        As a pure RT, Latham is perfect. He’s just a giant planet with legs and arms and if you are going to run, that’s you’re guy to me. I just don’t think you take him at 11 over the weapons that’s will be there (maybe move up a couple spots) because they are all world, elite freaks.
        This could go down as the greatest OT class of all time.
        It’s freaking ridiculous. And I think that has a lot to do with the squabbles between these prospects.

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

But...maybe in Roman's ground game first offense, all Thomas really NEEDS is to run that go route and a few others just to stretch the D and keep those safeties on their heels...and even the LB's...
          I just think that if you want a guy whose going to keep secondary’s on their feet and scared to stack the box, it’s Odunze in that scenario. I’d just go get the complete WR with a slight move up. He’s worth it.
          Odunze is freaking a beast everywhere. You can line this guy up anywhere and it’s a freaking nightmare for opposing teams cause he’s so good.
          Hell, I think Bowers will scare the shit outta secondary’s.
          Then add a guy like Rice or Pearsall later. 4.5 and a 4.4. That's really fast.
          Thomas just seems a bit “one-trick”.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Zak Zinter

2023 unanimous All American, even missing games due to broken leg.

2022 and 23 First team all Big Ten

2021 second team all Big Ten

Watch his tape...cant believe consensus rankings have him so low...this is a second rounder, and immediate starter in this league...

If he actually falls to the late 3rd/4th...thats a steal.
            I am with you all the way on Zinter. He is a mauler and was the best lineman on Michigan's very good OL when he played. Also great worker and lockeroom guy.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You are correct about that, when talking about the Chiefs' lack of receivers I always overlook Kelce, who really is Mahomes #1 receiver, like Gates was Rivers and Brees #1 receiver back in the day.
              The Chiefs are interesting, and people keep using them as the "Blueprint" to justify their lack of urgency to get a playmaker, but they don't look deeper into the Chiefs strategy which they are now reversing course back to getting the offensive playmakers again. Money was that main reason to let Tyreke walk (plus a few other things). But remember, they had 1st round pick Mecole Hardeman who they thought was ready to step into that role. When that was failing, they went out and drafted a 2nd round WR in round 2 in consecutive years. (Sky Moore in 2022) (Rashee Rice in 2023).
              One has worked out (Rice so far) but has some legal issues now and one didn't work out in Sky Moore. (Use this as the study for those that want to just punt on WR in this draft until the later rounds. Chances of one not panning out are high.
              They also tried to replace Tyreke's speed once Mecole didn't work out with long shot Kadarius Toney. Which didn't work out either.
              Now look at what they are doing. They traded their #1 corner away for a measly 2025 3rd round pick, so they could use that money in part to bring in Hollywood Brown. They are searching for Tyreke's replacement in terms of playmaking speed. Why, because they have a $200 million+ dollar QB that they will need to rebuild weapons around and an aged TE who looked one step away from retirement most of last season.
              You need speed and more importantly playmakers on offense in today's NFL. You have to have the ability to score inside two minutes or get chunk plays to keep up now with all these rule changes that favor the offense.
              I believe Hortiz has seen this too and that's why he drafted WR in 3 of the last 5 Baltimore drafts. I also don't see Harbaugh or the Spanos Family looking at a $200 million dollar investment and saying let's just limit him to throwing 15-20 times a game like he's some Brock Purdy game manager.
              You don't buy a Lamborghini and let it just sit in the garage looking pretty. I think if they run 60 plays, they will be more balanced but 40 runs to 20 passes game scripts will get us 7-8 wins a year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I am with you all the way on Zinter. He is a mauler and was the best lineman on Michigan's very good OL when he played. Also great worker and lockeroom guy.

TG
                Zinter would be solid pick up for IOL. Really good player.

Just seems like there are so many good players in this draft - more picks is the way to go. Granted, other teams probably realize that too

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You are not framing the choices accurately, I guess to win some sort of argument.

Of course Odunze is a better receiver than BTJ.

This is Odunze + Pipkins vs BTJ + Latham.

BTJ will be "allowed" to always be open lol because Herbert has play action, a running attack, and more time to throw.

We all know that running the ball is a key component to our balanced offense.

So the correct question is, again, how much bulk production will we really need from our receivers ?

Palmer (sidelines)
                  QJ (over the middle)
                  Hurst (underneath)
                  BTJ (deep)

as per the whispers Jeremy Fowler is hearing.
                  ^ This...good analysis of how our personnel could be used...that package could be a real matchup issue for a lot of teams...all Herbie has to do is hit BTJ deep once or twice early in the season, and u better believe every FS on our schedule will take notice...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I just think that if you want a guy whose going to keep secondary’s on their feet and scared to stack the box, it’s Odunze in that scenario. I’d just go get the complete WR with a slight move up. He’s worth it.
                    Odunze is freaking a beast everywhere. You can line this guy up anywhere and it’s a freaking nightmare for opposing teams cause he’s so good.
                    Hell, I think Bowers will scare the shit outta secondary’s.
                    Then add a guy like Rice or Pearsall later. 4.5 and a 4.4. That's really fast.
                    Thomas just seems a bit “one-trick”.
                    I don't think Trader Joe is trading up...if anything, he's staying put @#5 or trading down...look at his history with the Ravens...mostly trade downs and very few trade ups...there's going to be some very good value @#11, if we can swing he Vikes deal...

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I don't think Trader Joe is trading up...if anything, he's staying put @#5 or trading down...look at his history with the Ravens...mostly trade downs and very few trade ups...there's going to be some very good value @#11, if we can swing he Vikes deal...
                      We THINK Joe will continue with the Ravens approach, but this is the first time he is the head guy and we don't really know what he will do.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

The Chiefs are interesting, and people keep using them as the "Blueprint" to justify their lack of urgency to get a playmaker, but they don't look deeper into the Chiefs strategy which they are now reversing course back to getting the offensive playmakers again. Money was that main reason to let Tyreke walk (plus a few other things). But remember, they had 1st round pick Mecole Hardeman who they thought was ready to step into that role. When that was failing, they went out and drafted a 2nd round WR in round 2 in consecutive years. (Sky Moore in 2022) (Rashee Rice in 2023).
                        One has worked out (Rice so far) but has some legal issues now and one didn't work out in Sky Moore. (Use this as the study for those that want to just punt on WR in this draft until the later rounds. Chances of one not panning out are high.
                        They also tried to replace Tyreke's speed once Mecole didn't work out with long shot Kadarius Toney. Which didn't work out either.
                        Now look at what they are doing. They traded their #1 corner away for a measly 2025 3rd round pick, so they could use that money in part to bring in Hollywood Brown. They are searching for Tyreke's replacement in terms of playmaking speed. Why, because they have a $200 million+ dollar QB that they will need to rebuild weapons around and an aged TE who looked one step away from retirement most of last season.
                        You need speed and more importantly playmakers on offense in today's NFL. You have to have the ability to score inside two minutes or get chunk plays to keep up now with all these rule changes that favor the offense.
                        I believe Hortiz has seen this too and that's why he drafted WR in 3 of the last 5 Baltimore drafts. I also don't see Harbaugh or the Spanos Family looking at a $200 million dollar investment and saying let's just limit him to throwing 15-20 times a game like he's some Brock Purdy game manager.
                        You don't buy a Lamborghini and let it just sit in the garage looking pretty. I think if they run 60 plays, they will be more balanced but 40 runs to 20 passes game scripts will get us 7-8 wins a year.
                        Mecole Hardman was not a first-round pick. He was selected 56th overall in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft. Tyreek Hill still had three years left on his contract.

Trent McDuffie is the Chiefs' #1 corner.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We THINK Joe will continue with the Ravens approach, but this is the first time he is the head guy and we don't really know what he will do.
                          True - but his offseason has been Ravens like
                          1) playing the comp pick game that at this point would be 2 in 6th round and another in the 7th round
                          2) signing players to one year deals to for depth and to plug immediate holes
                          3) only three players have signed for multiple years - Dissley, Gilman and Edwards and none of those deals are "cap busters" if they fail

So, taking this measured approach was also cap related but I would expect more trading down to acquire picks as the best value contracts in the NFL are 2nd -7th rounders followed by UDFAs - -for the cost and length. Hortiz has five picks through Round 4 - I think he gets that number to 7 when the draft is all said and done

Comment

Working...
                          X