• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. This could be the last year for both Bosa and Mack so drafting Edge would make sense - you can add it to the other positions that make sense: WR, TE, RB, Center, OT, OG, IDL, LB and CB
    That’s a long list of sense right there……..
    : )

Comment

• ChargerTrader
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Agreed. This could be the last year for both Bosa and Mack so drafting Edge would make sense - you can add it to the other positions that make sense: WR, TE, RB, Center, OT, OG, IDL, LB and CB
      I feel if they wanted to go edge in Round 1 and had the Vikings trade down, they would opt for Verse at #11.

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Because I've seen Trey Pipkins over five seasons.
        I remember Harbaugh mentioning Pipkin when he was first hired. It was one of the first Chargers he met. I think it was at the airport where he first ran into him. he mentioned how big he was. I know it doesn't mean anything as Harbaugh as mentioned several players that are no longer on the, mainly KA.

IMHO, Pipken suffered from shitting scheme and coaching but ultimately Harbaugh will make the final call. If he fills Pipken isn't the answer and moves on from him, I'm good with it.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

That’s a long list of sense right there……..
          : )
          Cupboard is pretty bare. Telesco didn't do a good job in roster building and this is the result. 5-12 team, picking 5th

Lots of "groceries" to buy

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Cupboard is pretty bare. Telesco didn't do a good job in roster building and this is the result. 5-12 team, picking 5th

”Coupon Tom”

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Yeah he hit on maybe 1-3 players each draft. Needed to have a better hit % specifically in rnds 1-4. Rnds 1-4 need to be good not great starters in their rookie contract. That just didn't work out under TT.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I remember Harbaugh mentioning Pipkin when he was first hired. It was one of the first Chargers he met. I think it was at the airport where he first ran into him. he mentioned how big he was. I know it doesn't mean anything as Harbaugh as mentioned several players that are no longer on the, mainly KA.

IMHO, Pipken suffered from shitting scheme and coaching but ultimately Harbaugh will make the final call. If he fills Pipken isn't the answer and moves on from him, I'm good with it.
                I also think based on the roster - what they do in 2024 doesn't mean that player is an absolute keeper for 2025 and beyond.

Based on how the draft goes - maybe the trade down falls through and they take MHJr or WR at 5 - but the rest of the draft doesn't align with RT-- Pipkins might be the starter this year. Doesn't make him a lock for the future. This is a two draft process

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

I also think based on the roster - what they do in 2024 doesn't mean that player is an absolute keeper for 2025 and beyond.

Based on how the draft goes - maybe the trade down falls through and they take MHJr or WR at 5 - but the rest of the draft doesn't align with RT-- Pipkins might be the starter this year. Doesn't make him a lock for the future. This is a two draft process
                  Agreed on this premise. We don’t know if that’s how they feel but the O line isn’t the worst group if you are making a list of needs.

I also notice that all Harbaugh has done since taking the job is hype up QBs and Oline. Weather it’s intentional or not, his comments could be construed as Harbaugh is trying to drive these QBs and O Linemen to the top of the draft. Force as many of these 2 position groups up as high as he can because he doesn’t need a QB and he doesn’t need a LT but he desperately needs a DT, CB, WR and he’s going to need another EDGE guy after this season. So attempt to force QB and OT to the top so that there’s really good D talent when he’s picking with his 1st couple picks.

I don’t know if that’s what he’s doing but this teams got a lot of holes..

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I said Jer'Zahn is "elite".
                    did you say he was Tilleryesque as well ??

you know Jerry was pretty much the tops in pressures his last year, and.... wasn't much against the run ??

how's Jerry Newton against the run.... ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

”Coupon Tom”
                      More than Coupon - he was a terrible at drafting and building a roster. Overly reliant on the QB position and passing the football.

But moving forward - I look forward to seeing Hortiz and the vision they have

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We'll see how it all plays out, as now that I have established that Joe Alt is an excellent run blocker, in a different way than Taliese Fuaga is, my work is done until next week.
                        and don't forget to add that Taliese is an exceptional pass blocker as well....
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

This is an endless draft, trade and FA process. The team is never perfect. Regards our OL, among others, Hortiz & Harbaugh will know a lot more about them post 2024 season. No one has played for these coaches in this year's system mainly because it never existed in the past. Some components, sure, Team? No.
                          I'm way stoked to see how the OL plays after Ben Herbert, G-Ro and assistants get to work with them. They'll be better with no new names but I think Hortiz will take advantage of our draft position to add an OL. My preference would be Zak Frazier. C/G depth.

Comment

Working...
                          X