• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Is this a good or bad thing? Trying to figure out if it would have been better to just have Linsley outright retire now instead of restructuring.

This was kind of the move I was thinking with Linsley would happen - not surprised at all they have done this

It allows the team to release him with a June 1 effective date. I think with the injury thing on the contract, he was owed $1.3m anyway. Or he retires with a June 1

HIs $5.2 signing bonus is now allocated between 2024 and 2025. Basically gives the Chargers a little bit of help this year...

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This was kind of the move I was thinking with Linsley would happen - not surprised at all they have done this

It allows the team to release him with a June 1 effective date. I think with the injury thing on the contract, he was owed $1.3m anyway. Or he retires with a June 1

HIs $5.2 signing bonus is now allocated between 2024 and 2025. Basically gives the Chargers a little bit of help this year...
      I prefer no dead money in 2025 at all but it seems to be an okay hit.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

I prefer no dead money in 2025 at all but it seems to be an okay hit.

Linsley had 5.2m of dead money - either it would all be allocated in 2024 of 5.2; or split between years of 2024 and 2025.

If Bosa is not traded - same thing might happen to him, as Bosa has dead money this year of $14.6 and next year of $7.63. If released pre June, all 22m are on the books in 2024; if post June 1, allocated out of 14.6 and 7.6m

Linsley doing this just allows the team the flexibility of getting under the cap.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The dude can’t play the position, OC #2 needs to be able to play 6 games, not 6 plays. He couldn’t play it in 2022 - I agree with B4K, horrible TT decision to bring him back, most of us called it before the season
            during preseason most everyone here was talking about how improved the run game looked under KM and also praising the depth we had on the o-line...the backups played against starters in preseason and looked okay...I don't remember you talking bad at all, you were leading the "year of the flip" chants and keeping it positive etc...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I never thought of Fox as being a cut casualty - but he would be released because of scheme - not the big time savings.
              But his name is mentioned a lot

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Is this a good or bad thing? Trying to figure out if it would have been better to just have Linsley outright retire now instead of restructuring.

can't see how this is a bad thing, gives Linsley a small 5.2mil bonus for helping the team create almost 11mil in cap space for 2024...he will retire after June 1st and will spread 2.6 mil in dead cap for 2024 and 2025 which is reasonable...so the chargers are about 35 mil over the cap now and they haven't even released Kendricks yet which should clear another 6.5mil...

This makes me wonder if we see another one of these types of moves from MWs and KA soon...I think both are the types of guys that are team oriented enough to help the team with cap and they can get a lot of it back with incentives...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

can't see how this is a bad thing, gives Linsley a small 5.2mil bonus for helping the team create almost 11mil in cap space for 2024...he will retire after June 1st and will spread 2.6 mil in dead cap for 2024 and 2025 which is reasonable...so the chargers are about 35 mil over the cap now and they haven't even released Kendricks yet which should clear another 6.5mil...

This makes me wonder if we see another one of these types of moves from MWs and KA soon...I think both are the types of guys that are team oriented enough to help the team with cap and they can get a lot of it back with incentives...
                  Linsley doesn't get 5.2m - he already received the money when he signed -it was just allocated over 5 years, 13m/5

He might have got like a million bucks as part of the retirement due to injury designation

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Even at 1%, I hold out hope that Corey has a change of heart. May he find medication the gives him medical confidence with manageable side effects. May the Harbaugh transition be promising enough for Linsley to stick around and chase a ring !

I expect haircuts for the big four.
                    Let's keep the band together
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I never thought of Fox as being a cut casualty - but he would be released because of scheme - not the big time savings.
                      But his name is mentioned a lot
                      Fox could be a goner, him an hendricks combined create about 10 mil in cap space, that's a sizable amount of cap space...the way I see it, only KA and Mack are worth keeping around and right now we don't know if Mack wants to return...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Even at 1%, I hold out hope that Corey has a change of heart. May he find medication the gives him medical confidence with manageable side effects. May the Harbaugh transition be promising enough for Linsley to stick around and chase a ring !

I expect haircuts for the big four.
                        Let's keep the band together
                        and he's going to play for minimum plus the 5.6 mil bonus that they gave him? He's done, he's just doing this to help the team with cap space...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Linsley doesn't get 5.2m - he already received the money when he signed -it was just allocated over 5 years, 13m/5

He might have got like a million bucks as part of the retirement due to injury designation
                          understood, so he's just helping the team create cap space...he's retiring in a way that helps the chargers, I'll always remember him as a stand up guy, the rare FA that signed with the TT administration that wasn't just looking for a retirement deal, he actually earned his money...

Comment

Working...
                          X