--properest of hydration.
      --camp competition.

It might be a foreign language to some.

Deal with it !!
      Wood, and don't forget:

--Soft tissue injury prevention
      --Correct spike selection to reduce injuries on artificial turf
      --BMI (Body Mass Index)
      --Ben Herbert's accountability, tough truculence and weirdness factor to keep these dudes on their toes and build team unity

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Good safeties can really help out the shaky cbs on this team.

I'd rather bring in Simmons than Boyd, if those two are options.
        Yep, if we can afford Simmons, agree...and no to Boyd...our wideout room is already pretty crowded and SOMEONE is going to the PS where they could get poached...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, if we can afford Simmons, agree...and no to Boyd...our wideout room is already pretty crowded and SOMEONE is going to the PS where they could get poached...
          I get McConkey, Rice and Cornelius Johnson are all rookies - but today, I trust them more than JT Woods for depth on the roster. So we are in sympatico about the WR room. And also, you are correct.

And like you said, could signing Boyd open up Rice or Johnson to be poached off the PS at some point. I kind of want to see what the three rookies bring, especially Rice and Johnson, might have some growing pains but might be good players for four years for very cheap!

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

I think Palmer is quite a bit better than Tyler Boyd. I watch every Cincy game and never got the Boyd love and reputation. He really doesn’t do a lot and doesn’t have any 1 thing he really excels at

Comment

• HK55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              I think Palmer is quite a bit better than Tyler Boyd. I watch every Cincy game and never got the Boyd love and reputation. He really doesn’t do a lot and doesn’t have any 1 thing he really excels at
              Agree⬆️

Unless he drops his asking price, a hard pass on Boyd and his 11.7 career YPC. It would have to be a incentive laden contract.

Not familiar with this guy from CBS Sports but he placed McConkey as the 3rd highest rated impactful rookie. At any position. Alt was 7th. Quoted him below. Look at the # of available targets, highest in the league. With the loss of Allen, Eckler and Williams, there will be plenty of opportunities for all the new guys, plus Palmer, Johnston and Davis. By all the new guys, I’m talking about the draft and free agent signings of RBs and TEs.

“Plus, McConkey's frame fits the new-age mold of the young, lighter receivers entering the league who are thriving at well under 200 pounds. I am, however, a bit skeptical of Greg Roman as Justin Herbert's offensive coordinator. Yet, we're talking about Herbert throwing McConkey passes as a rookie. HERBERT! One of the elite physical specimens at the quarterback position today. And guess which team in the NFL has the most "available" targets from last season? The Chargers, with 393, thanks mostly to the departures of Keenan Allen and Austin Ekeler. McConkey has the nuanced skill to hit the ground running, and the opportunity is massive in the City of Angels.“

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I really think we're set at WR.
                Palmer, Laddy, Q, Rice, CJ and DD (mostly ST).

Rarely in 11 or 10 personnel.
                2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Boyd isn't a superstar, but he's pretty good. He had back to back 1000+ yard seasons as Cinn's #1 for Andy Dalton before Higgins arrived with Burrow in 2020. Even as the third WR behind Higgins and Chase, he's still been catching 50-70 balls every season for 700-800 yds and 4-5 TDs. His career catch rate is 68 percent and it's been above 70 percent when playing with Burrow. He would bring a lot of what KA did. Crafty veteran receiver who runs good routes, gets open and has good hands.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Here's my take Sir.

Boyd was third fiddle to Chase & Higgins in CIN. I believe the Chargers see untapped potential should the price be right.

One thing is clear to me. Certain players, certain skill sets can be seen as similar to Keenan Allen's.

Tyler Boyd, JaLyn Polk are examples. The Chargers draft manuevering was telltale. We traded up for McConkey, for deep speed and separation. Three picks later NE took Polk.

It would not surprise me to see the Chargers sign Boyd and start him opposite Palmer ! McConkey, QJ will have to battle for snaps. Others can be developed at pace.

Mostly, I would say Harbaugh's/Hortiz's Chargers have been four chess moves ahead. Eboigbe(perfect fit/need, knew he would be there), then two DBs/RB, two WRs (we saw the depth that would be available @ #137, 140, 181, 225, 253) ,speaking of the NE trade, that is Bobby Fischer level stuff.

When did Harbaugh leap out of his chair ? Junior Colson @ #69 ! That was the one pick Jimbo was iffy about re availability.

Our '24 Draft grade will be an A+ in two years. This attention to detail, I say to Joe n Chris, major props.
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
                      Unless he drops his asking price, a hard pass on Boyd and his 11.7 career YPC. It would have to be a incentive laden contract.
                      Doesn't need to:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wood, and don't forget:

--Soft tissue injury prevention
                        --Correct spike selection to reduce injuries on artificial turf
                        --BMI (Body Mass Index)
                        --Ben Herbert's accountability, tough truculence and weirdness factor to keep these dudes on their toes and build team unity
                        Hope it helps but it isnt fool proof as it didnt prevent Corum from having a knee injury. Hope it cuts down on hamstring injuries, groin pulls, and ankle sprains. Certainly cant hurt.

Did Michigan play on grass or turf?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Doesn't need to:

Good...didnt see the need...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X