• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Harbaugh spoke well of Allen, while he was here.
    Most of Jim comments are in the now present moment.
    So while Pipkins is here and clearly lost his job to Alt, Jim kindly and cunningly says in the moment one of best 5. Well doesn't that mean Sayler will say Not my job at RG. I'm best 5. Jim knows it does. ​​​​ Competition is welcome.
    And Encouraged.
    Best 5. BPAs team. Best 53.
    It was KA decision to move on. The Chargers made the same offer to 3 of the 4 big contracts. Mack and Bosa wanted to stay and took cuts, KA didn't and moved on. This is totally different than the Pip situation.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Cutting DD does make some sense if you want to keep Palmer, QJ, Chark, McConkey, Rice, Johnson

While DD was a good KR/PR last year the rules have totally changed on kick offs. It will be much more condensed with less space for small fast guys to get a running start to get speed and momentum. You might see more physical, running back types will be better for kick offs in more crowded space. You might see a guy like Vidal getting a chance to do kick offs

Not saying for sure they will cut DD but it is something to keep in mind. He doesn't bring much receiving value.
      I think they will keep 6 WRs and have DD KR/PR only. The new KO rules are going to drastically benefit DD and make him more of a weapon on KO. He will be running in a lot of space before anyone gets near him.
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I think they will keep 6 WRs and have DD KR/PR only. The new KO rules are going to drastically benefit DD and make him more of a weapon on KO. He will be running in a lot of space before anyone gets near him.
        I believe DD is one of 6 WR on the roster and in fact occasionally. Serious speed and if the D loses track of him, they won't catch him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Hasnt a KO returner always ran in a lot of space before anyone got near him?

I'm intrigued how the new KO process will play ... look forward to seeing it.

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Hasnt a KO returner always ran in a lot of space before anyone got near him?

I'm intrigued how the new KO process will play ... look forward to seeing it.
            Yea but there will be a lot more space and I don't think we will see guys running a full steam down because they will engaged with blockers at the point of the KO if that makes since.
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

My understanding of of the new rules, the way Brett Kolman on Guilty as Charged described it yesterday is the opposite. A returner will not be in a lot of space but will begin in a more contested area with more players closer to him, there is no catching it in the end zone and getting a 15 yard running start anymore. In that way, Kolman suggested it is more like a running back, and you might see teams using larger, more physical returners than the fast slight guys like DD.

I am not sure, I have not seen any of this in practice yet, just saying it might not be a slam dunk that a small slight guy is the best returner anymore.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

My understanding of of the new rules, the way Brett Kolman on Guilty as Charged described it yesterday is the opposite. A returner will not be in a lot of space but will begin in a more contested area with more players closer to him, there is no catching it in the end zone and getting a 15 yard running start anymore. In that way, Kolman suggested it is more like a running back, and you might see teams using larger, more physical returners than the fast slight guys like DD.

I am not sure, I have not seen any of this in practice yet, just saying it might not be a slam dunk that a small slight guy is the best returner anymore.
                Yea I agree. We are going to have to see it live to get a better idea how it's going to play out.
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What is the consensus opinion on the starting OL?

LT Slater
                  LG Zion
                  C Bozeman (or is Linsley gonna play this year?)
                  RG Pipkins
                  RT Alt, aka Maxx Crosby's daddy
                  We’ll probably hear Linsley’s retirement announcement post June.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Yeah just heard that part too.

Comment

• Javia
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2023
                      • Send PM

On kickoffs now, the kicking team's players all line up on the opposing team's 40 yard line. They will be there before the ball lands. There aren't going to be anymore kickoff returns.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Another aspect...less use for dbs or wrs who can use space to run around coverages...which is why im surprised by our huge db and wr rooms...kinda thought we would carry deep te and lb rooms...guys who can take on and defeat blocks, play gaps...or block...be very interesting to see how the adjustments are made, league wide. This first year, teams on the cutting edge with their response to this, could net a couple of wins on this alone, possibly, if they catch out teams who underestimate these adjustments...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

DD will be fine.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X