• Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Edge depth!

Hell yeah! Fucking old guys rule the edge!

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Hell yeah! Fucking old guys rule the edge!
      Hell ya!Quality depth!!!

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

With Fulton being a former 2nd rounder
        now Dupree former 1st...

This is starting to remind me of when the Browns snatched up all these former high round FAs

At some point I think they had a ridiculous amount of 1st and 2nd round talents starting for them across the offense and defense.

In Trader Joe I trust
        Stay thirsty for Joe's Kooooool Aiiiiid!!
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

For your pleasure....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            Edge depth!

REally solid signing. So for one Justin Simmons - even at say $8m for one year - the Chargers have gotten Chark, Dupree and probably a DB for depth...

I like the signing of Bud Dupree - Edge was a concern

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They should bundle 6s and 7s to either get higher pick(s) or move up earlier the picks they have. There is little need to draft 7 guys in Rds 6-7 when at most the roster will have room for maybe 3? Better to upgrade earlier picks to improve choices where it matters.
              Right now the Chargers should have 5 sixth round picks I believe - their own, NE, and three comp picks. So like you said, you can possibly use an extra 6th to move up in the 4th or 5th round.

Better to have extra picks though - even if you just use them to identify players like Rice that fell down in the draft and you get a cheap player for four years potentially

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Yep, it's official...Bolts sign Bud:

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Right now the Chargers should have 5 sixth round picks I believe - their own, NE, and three comp picks. So like you said, you can possibly use an extra 6th to move up in the 4th or 5th round.

Better to have extra picks though - even if you just use them to identify players like Rice that fell down in the draft and you get a cheap player for four years potentially
                  Are you sure about a 6th round pick from NE in 2025? To my knowledge the extra pick we have is a 7th rounder fom Cleveland for Dustin Hopkins.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Now all we need is a decent vet FA free safety...Trader Joe is bringing in some QUALITY depth...nice...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Are you sure about a 6th round pick from NE in 2025? To my knowledge the extra pick we have is a 7th rounder fom Cleveland for Dustin Hopkins.
                      Pick swap for JC Jackson
                      Chargers 7th and JC Jackson for the Patriots 6th rounder
                      and who knows how the season will go but that 6th rounder from NE could be near the top of the 6th round

But you are correct, the Chargers got a 7th for Hopkins

So right now, 8 picks

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

If Harbaugh starts the season 4-5 and it seems to be going nowhere then I guess I agree with your line of thinking, but DAMN, I'm hoping for much more than that in year one, maybe I need to tone down my expectations for year one...wow, you really think things are going to be that bad in year one?

as for getting 6th round picks for guys like Mack and Bosa, I guess if the season is lost but how many 6th rounders do we need in 2025? they already have their own 6th, the 6th swapped with NE in the JC Jackson trade and they are scheduled to receive three additional 6th rounders in compensatory picks...as of right now the Chargers already have 11 draft picks in the 2025 draft and they might get a fourth compensatory pick (a 7th rounder) for Michael Davis once the formula is updated and Fulton is removed from the list of qualifying free agents which would bring their total to 12 draft choices before making any additional trades...that would be their top five picks, five 6th rounders, and two 7th rounders...

I fail to see the need to trade those guys for another couple of low round picks...

On this board we had many (MANY) 'discussions' last year about how good we were going to be; Moore was the savior, Herbert will rock, Staley will resurrect the defense, we're going to win 10 to 12 games and be a playoff team . . . . . . . . . but of course it didn't go down that way. So for 2024:

1, I'm certain that we will be a much more difficult team to play against this year,
                        2. I'm certain that we (Charger fans) won't be embarrassed by our team's performance,
                        3. I'm fairly certain that we'll win more games than we did last year,
                        4. I'm hopeful that we'll be in the playoff hunt,
                        5. If we manage to land a spot in the playoffs I'd be ecstatic and consider that result to be exceeding expectations,
                        6. If we manage to win a playoff game - Yahtzee!!!

The reality is that football is the ultimate team game, and we've experienced SIGNIFICANT changes, changes that I'm confident will ultimately make this team much better, but it will take time for all of these new parts to learn how to work together effectively. I'm not throwing in the towel on 2024, but my hopes for a championship ride on 2025 and beyond, after this team is fully made over. Let's try to keep it real here this year . . . . . . .

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its actually a 12.36m roster bonus and $13m salary for a total of $25.3m+ - his cap hit would be 36m as he already will have $11m of dead

I am going to say it - I think its 50/50 that both Bosa and Mack are Chargers after the NFL trade deadline
                          You have been working so hard over the last year to dump these 2 guys. It hasn't happened. I can read that you are really struggling with them being on the roster. For the sake of your sanity, I need to say, just let it go man, you are going to burnm yourself out before real TC even starts.

Comment

Working...
                          X