First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

^^Big fan of DD. Really think he will emerge as a weapon this year. They have a whole off season to design creative ways to get him the ball. Last year it was not even clear he would make the team and the focus was solely as a returner. This year, he will be better utilized as a overall playmaker.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
      ^^Big fan of DD. Really think he will emerge as a weapon this year. They have a whole off season to design creative ways to get him the ball. Last year it was not even clear he would make the team and the focus was solely as a returner. This year, he will be better utilized as a overall playmaker.
      I certainly hope so. It would be a shame to waste his 4.35 speed.
      We have a team that will run better, play action better, and protect the QB better.
      Seems like the right recipe for a DD breakout season.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

We have a team that will run better, play action better, and protect the QB better.
        Now our jet sweeps will be hard to defend with Slater/Alt playing tackle.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Now our jet sweeps will be hard to defend with Slater/Alt playing tackle.
          An OG that could pull would be nice.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...I'd rather have both Alohi and Derwin near LOS...maybe drop Derwin back to FS occasionally to split the deep safety duties with Woods in obvious passing situations...the Bolts did play Derwin at FS last year about 30% of the time...but if Woods can step it up, along with our newly juiced up pass rush, I think our D has the potential to be downright scary...
            I would expect they more often would bring in a nickel or dime CB, vs deploying 3 safeties. depends how everyone performs, I guess
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Expect to see Ladd running these as well. He's also wicked fast in acceleration and (from tape eval only) he has a lot more wiggle and shake than DD to make that first defender miss.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

What's a bit baffling is that Woods was a real ballhawk in college but with known tackling issues...he played sparingly in his two years so far...with zero picks and zero PD's...don't know if Staley's D was too much to absorb for him, but u would expect at least a few PD's...
                Staley's D just didn't work, absorption or not.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Teams that go 5-12 don't dump their All Pro players! All this discussion about DD getting waived/cut/ moved is ridiculous!

Davis will get plenty of reps in the O this season. Too dangerous not to.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

What's a bit baffling is that Woods was a real ballhawk in college but with known tackling issues...he played sparingly in his two years so far...with zero picks and zero PD's...don't know if Staley's D was too much to absorb for him, but u would expect at least a few PD's...
                    Woods obviously got by on athleticism during college. His lack of football awareness really stood out every time he took the field with us. And as we can all agree, the last staff wasn't coaching anyone up.
                    If the new staff sees anything( and I do mean ANYTHING!) resembling a future NFL player, he'll make the OD roster. If not, then we'll know why.
                    TT was horrible......

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Davis was my favorite draftee last year, I feel strongly he's going to be an actual WR here or elsewhere.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Woods obviously got by on athleticism during college. His lack of football awareness really stood out every time he took the field with us. And as we can all agree, the last staff wasn't coaching anyone up.
                        If the new staff sees anything( and I do mean ANYTHING!) resembling a future NFL player, he'll make the OD roster. If not, then we'll know why.
                        TT was horrible......
                        The only coaching up Staley & staff did was with Pip...and it took them THREE YEARS to coach him up from a project to barely average...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Teams that go 5-12 don't dump their All Pro players UNLESS HE ASKS FOR TOO MUCH $$$ FOR HIS NEXT CONTRACT! All this discussion about DD getting waived/cut/ moved is ridiculous!

Davis will get plenty of reps in the O this season. Too dangerous not to.
                          There...fixed it for 'ya!
                          If he asks for too much $$$, let him go for a comp pick...Trader Joe is a master at this...

Comment

Working...
                          X