• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

No music, all speed, keep your head in the game. Great stuff.

Tackling drills in the background, I like it. Practice the basics.
    Troy is going to absolutely kill it. I loved that signing. Really young LBer who was a better than average STer that didn't get alot of playing time @ LBer in Detroit.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

You know it's the slowest time of the football year when Easton Stick dominates the conversation.

Comment

• Highboltage
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

stick could not get wins against any of the backup QB's who beat uas last year..... no organization keeps a bad player like Stick this many years when he has shown nothing..... now maybe he looked way better in practice against staleys horrible defense that was not allowed to hit him?.....

I am hoping at least one of our backup QB's actually looks like a decent backup in pre season this year..... hopefully they actually let the QB's throw the ball so we can all see how they do?...rather then just hand off and run out clock like Staley and Lynn did before him......
        He wasn't playing against our defense. Not a fair comparison.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          The Chargers are #2 on this list. Though the people who make this list have a poor track record of getting their predictions right, which they admit.

10 NFL Teams That Have No Chance At Making The Playoffs This Season
          I don't disagree with most of what this guy says. He never mentions the O-line, which-- IMO-- holds the key to the Chargers' success (or lack thereof) in 2024.

If the blocking produces an actual legit running game, and Herbert is protected well enough to do his thing, then the playoffs *are* possible, IMO. We just don't currebtly have enough on-the-field data points to be able to say what's going to happen, and how quickly.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I'm even less bullish on Stick - 6 wins MAX, if everything goes perfectly . . . . . . . . . . . most likely less. We haven't had what I'd consider a quality backup QB in years . . . . . . . . . . It was one of my (many) sore spots in regards to TT.

I hope that we can upgrade sometime in the next couple of years . . . . . . . .
            I hear Billy Volek is available.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

lets break down your breakdown
              • Stick had a higher win percentage, that doesn't prove "Stick was better". Nobody could watch the two play and say he is better imo, thats just me.
              • I do not see Stick upgraded the position vs Daniel (still no S in his last name if you want to serve as our expert - just an FYI). He was cheaper. He is still cheaper.
              • GR has designed a running-QB offense in the past, true. But no thinking person seriously believes that LAC plan to install a running-based offense for Herbie. The team cannot practice two different offenses every week as a contingency for QB injury - one for Herbie and one for a backup QB who can't execute Herbie's offense.
              It would be better to have a backup that can run Herbie's offense without major change. I don't think Stick is the guy for that, but I think you're right we may, um, er, (topcat alert) stick with him
              LOL! Excellent job there Mac! I'm surprised we have more anti-Easton's than you can ahem, SHAKE A STICK AT!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I hear Billy Volek is available.
                Volek is only 48 years old...George Blanda played until he was 48...not a bad idea...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  You know it's the slowest time of the football year when Easton Stick dominates the conversation.
                  Yep...next thing u know, people will be discussing traveling in Europe and Australian trees...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

lets break down your breakdown
                    • Stick had a higher win percentage, that doesn't prove "Stick was better". Nobody could watch the two play and say he is better imo, thats just me.
                    • I do not see Stick upgraded the position vs Daniel (still no S in his last name if you want to serve as our expert - just an FYI). He was cheaper. He is still cheaper.
                    • GR has designed a running-QB offense in the past, true. But no thinking person seriously believes that LAC plan to install a running-based offense for Herbie. The team cannot practice two different offenses every week as a contingency for QB injury - one for Herbie and one for a backup QB who can't execute Herbie's offense.
                    It would be better to have a backup that can run Herbie's offense without major change. I don't think Stick is the guy for that, but I think you're right we may, um, er, (topcat alert) stick with him
                    With Herby, I would go for a 55-45 pass-rush ratio.
                    Turn it around with Stick.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Oh no.
                      Carefully calculated percentages again.
                      Share your notes.
                      Those numbers sound a bit off.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...copy that! No more Staley Softwoods...we're now known as the Harbo Hardwoods...
                        Jimbo likes...
                        "Quebracho Blanco."
                        "White Axebreaker.".

Native to The Pampas,
                        it's almost as hard as
                        Australian Bulloak.

But a much more menacing sounding name...
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                          That was more Stick talk that I thought I’d see here. Who gives a shit about the back up who won’t see time. Clipboard Jesus is all that’s needed. My main thing I want from Stick is to help Herbert as much as he can in the qb room. Those two seem to have a good working relationship.
                          I think its a measure of where this team is overall.

We know that without Herbert (or Rivers), Charger teams from the recent past would be hard pressed to win any games.
                          Those Charger teams overall were not good enough.

There is no knowing how many games Stick would win with this supporting cast.
                          With a top 10 D and a potent running game / Oline, a QB like Stick could win 6 - 8 games.

Comment

Working...
                          X