Clear All
  • LarryAW
    Chargers fan since 1970
    • Sep 2018
    • Chula Vista, CA
    • retired paralegal/court reporter
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Didn't have to be one or the other. Keenan would have opened it up for an explosive guy. Who ya gonna double? Palmer and QJ don't do that. We'll see who they draft. Roman's offense hasn't featured star receivers who are deep threats. If possession is the name of the game a dependable route runner makes more sense.

ask yourself how valuable the aging Kelce is to the Chiefs
    I think Kelce would be a lot more valuable in the Chargers’ new offense than Allen would be - without even knowing exactly what it will be.

if you’d rather have KA and $5M or $6M in cap space for free agency, rather than $23.1M more cap space and a 4th round pick, no problem. Many would agree with you.

I expected KA to be here, too, along with another WR in the draft. It didn’t happen.

KA made his choice and he’s gone.

As far as his family life goes (another post), that’s not something I care about. I had no idea who he was married to. Not into that stuff - at all.

We’ll see how things turnout after the season.

Comment

• Stetson516
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2024
      • Send PM

Did a mock trading with Minnesota... 5 and a 4th this year (still didn't have the KA 4th rd pick involved) For 11 and 23 this year.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Blastttoff
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Can we get leighton vander Esch for a cheap 1 year deal?
        Could be worth a flier with our new spending money now

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

My take is that Stick was probably brought back because he’s a cheap option, has a good relationship with Herbert, and could probably manage a few wins if Herbert misses some time under Roman’s scheme and with Harbaugh’s coaching. We’re obviously not making it far if Herbert is on IR again though, regardless of whoever is QB2.
          I think Stick is a placeholder until we get around to upgrading our backup QB spot...on the other hand, if Stick thrives in practice and preseason under Roman's O, they may keep him around a while....

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I watched that as well. He said something like that's just dumb...lol. I like Matt he has some really good takes on the Chargers.
            Matts Bleav Chargers podcast with his reaction to Keenan trade is a must watch for any Charger fan. Very intelligent, measured reaction.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think Stick is a placeholder until we get around to upgrading our backup QB spot...on the other hand, if Stick thrives in practice and preseason under Roman's O, they may keep him around a while....
              I was thinking thats possible too. He’s not showing up in Spottrac or OTC yet to see what his contract is. He could be QB3 or a cut, depends if they decide they have any luxury money to spend on a QB2 upgrade too after they work on the rest of the roster first.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I got no issue with Keenan looking out for #1, none, but I do have an issue with all the cry babies making it seem like the Chargers did him wrong, that really pisses me off! The minute that the Chargers signed Harbaugh Keenan and Mike knew that they wanted to go elsewhere...let's just be honest about that shit...
                One more thing that should be pointed out about Slayer--IF the Bolts would have kept Allen with NO pay cut and NO restructure, how would Mack and Bosa have felt? Would it have caused some resentment and locker room cancer? I don't know, but it's possible...Allen would have been the only one out of the Big Four to escape without having to either get cut like Mike Will or restructure...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is where I am at too. Your synopsis is especially good, Canadian. It is truth. I more than anybody didn't want to lose Keenan, and said people who thought he would be traded are crazy. But I see he efficacy of it now and am at peace. If they draft Marvin Harrison Jr. or Malik Nabers, we will forget about Keenan.
                  We all love Keenan, and it was his right not to take a pay cut and make the decision he made. There should be nothing but appreciation and respect for Keenan for all he did for our Chargers.

At the same time I completely understand and appreciate what JH2 are doing here. They inherited a losing organization, poor roster depth and the worst cap situatiuon in the NFL with 4 players taking up a silly 58% of their cap. They have to solve the cap issues and clean up this mess to be a well run, winning organization moving forward.

As I said befoe Harbaugh will instill a team first mentality to change the culture. Keenan exercised his right to choose something different. If being a Charger and winning here was most important of all to Keenan he would still be here. Hortiz will make smart long term roster and business decisions. The team exercised their right to fix their cap issues as they see fit.

No one is wrong here. This is the business of the NFL. Life will go on without Keenan. This is the best WR draft class in memory with 20-25 WRs likely to go in top 100, and with elite studs at the top better than Keenan. The timing works.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Matts Bleav Chargers podcast with his reaction to Keenan trade is a must watch for any Charger fan. Very intelligent, measured reaction.
                    To clarify that is the one he did in his hotel room after the basketball games he called? If so, it's definitely a must watch for any Chargers fan.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      1 last thing about KA
                      how much extra money is going to be spent on a rented house or apartment in Chicago? I doubt you're relocating there.
                      so he's going to uproot his 4 children (2 school age)
                      From their school and community to play in Chicago for a season.
                      Just a poor poor choice.
                      they gave him the opportunity to stick around at a reduced rate and he turned it down, he wanted the money so nothing else really matters...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

I think Kelce would be a lot more valuable in the Chargers’ new offense than Allen would be - without even knowing exactly what it will be.

if you’d rather have KA and $5M or $6M in cap space for free agency, rather than $23.1M more cap space and a 4th round pick, no problem. Many would agree with you.

I expected KA to be here, too, along with another WR in the draft. It didn’t happen.

KA made his choice and he’s gone.

As far as his family life goes (another post), that’s not something I care about. I had no idea who he was married to. Not into that stuff - at all.

We’ll see how things turnout after the season.

I think Bowers would be more valuable in the Chargers new offense than Allen.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

One more thing that should be pointed out about Slayer--IF the Bolts would have kept Allen with NO pay cut and NO restructure, how would Mack and Bosa have felt? Would it have caused some resentment and locker room cancer? I don't know, but it's possible...Allen would have been the only one out of the Big Four to escape without having to either get cut like Mike Will or restructure...
                          Your either part of the solution or part of the problem...the way I see it is if you've been collecting a big paycheck and you haven't accomplished anything then your not really helping. The Chargers know KA lifespan is ticking and this problem would have presented itself again next year so why delay the inevitable?
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X