• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have my answer to what almost everyone is saying It's just not time to post it yet.

"WR Production" will come following establishing the run and using play action.

The ball will be spread around, to Palmer, QJ, Derius, Fehoko, midround rookies, Dissly, Hurst and midround 3rd down RB.

How many times did Herbert choose to throw the football to Keenan when others were wide open ? Check the tape ! You had to see this LIVE at SoFi. It sure shows up time and again on coaches tape. Harbaugh sees it. Shane Day sees it.

I will take it a step further. Keenan's "best season ever" was a product of other factors besides his truly great route running and internal fire. Hortiz made Slayer an offer he knew Slayer would refuse. KA was wise to leave, as it will change at LAC radically. Chicago Keenan will be at ~900 yards/season.

The offense will be quite different this coming year.

Someone will trade up with us for QB #3 or #4, or even one of the elite receivers.

Meanwhile, we will build the trenches with numerous stockpiled mid-high picks, then feast on leftover skill players, fantasy minded be damned.
    Build the trenches with lower draft picks. Not picking a couple receivers in this draft will affect the team for years. Linemen are good but they can be got for a lot cheaper and drafted in lower rounds unless you need a left tackle.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

In any case, Keenan Allen is gone period. We should be scrutinizing with a microscope big board prospects 100-120. Who will be there are 105 plus 110 that Hortiz, Harbaugh really, really like, with the big picture in mind ?

We won't take Nabers or Odunze, as Keenen replacements, because the Chargers are transforming to an entirely new brand of football.

Here's a start.

Clue #1. Braden Fiske is an announced visit, and he's in play at #37. We have mega big warm bodies at DT, but need a high motor penetrator.

It's the trenches, baby. Upgrades and depth, all around.

Clue #2. Ever heard of Mike Iapati ?
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        In any case, Keenan Allen is gone period. We should be scrutinizing with a microscope big board prospects 100-120. Who will be there are 105 plus 110 that Hortiz, Harbaugh really, really like, with the big picture in mind ?

We won't take Nabers or Odunze, as Keenen replacements, because the Chargers are transforming to an entirely new brand of football.

Here's a start.

Clue #1. Braden Fiske is an announced visit, and he's in play at #37. We have mega big warm bodies at DT, but need a high motor penetrator.

It's the trenches, baby. Upgrades and depth, all around.

Clue #2. Ever heard of Mike Iapati ?
        I hope not...The Ravens only scored ten points and looked one dimensional.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Build the trenches with lower draft picks. Not picking a couple receivers in this draft will affect the team for years. Linemen are good but they can be got for a lot cheaper and drafted in lower rounds unless you need a left tackle.
          At 5 you take the top player on your draft board that isn't a QB.

And if the Joe Hortiz draft board is anywhere similar to the Daniel Jeremiah draft board (and both have roots with the Ravens) -- the chargers will be picking WR at 5.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            There’s a link somewhere in this thread about Horitz’s comment re Nabers…uh, somewhere. Or maybe the Horitz thread?
            I'm pretty sure that was a fake account.
            1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
            2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

There has been chatter that the Vikings have a handshake deal in place, but no one knows which team. Makes since because I don't think the Vikings make the trade they did to get back into the first round unless they knew for sure they could move up.

You would think that if it was one of the top 3 teams they would have already made the trade. Why wait? One of Daniels/Maye/McCarthy will be there for them to pick. This is why I think it's either the Cards or Chargers.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

I hope not...The Ravens only scored ten points and looked one dimensional.

When?

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

When?
                  Against the chiefs for AFC championship game!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
                    There has been chatter that the Vikings have a handshake deal in place, but no one knows which team. Makes since because I don't think the Vikings make the trade they did to get back into the first round unless they knew for sure they could move up.

You would think that if it was one of the top 3 teams they would have already made the trade. Why wait? One of Daniels/Maye/McCarthy will be there for them to pick. This is why I think it's either the Cards or Chargers.
                    I am sure there are parameters of a deal - just need one of their players on the board.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Against the chiefs for AFC championship game!
                      Would have been 17 if Flowers doesn’t get the ball punched out. Wouldn’t have got nearly that far with Keenan, Mike, and the Chargers O Line.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Agreed, almost expecting the Vikings & Giants in the 4 & 5 holes now. Has a 4 team trade ever happened?☕️

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

there are two teams in the top 5 that already have franchise QBs, Arizona and LA...would the Patriots be stupid enough to trade down to #11 in one of the strongest QB classes in a long long time? IDK, it's possible that they might be tempted to trade with the Vikings, IDK...rumor has it that NE likes JJ McCarthy but they won't get him at #11 anymore...so the wildcard is Arizona because I think everyone here and there grandma knows that LA will trade with the Vikings if the Vikings choose to make that deal...would Arizona be motivated to pick up a third pick in the 1st round? they already have #4 and #27, would they rather have #11, #23, and #27? IDK, Arizona is a fucking mess and completely unpredictable pile of shit...

the one thing that makes sense to me is that if it is in fact true that NE wants JJ and the Vikings want Maye, then they can use the Chargers as the middle man to facilitate the trade...Minnesota would climb up the board in two steps and it would keep NE in the top 5...LA gets the #11 and #23, NE gets #5 and next years #1 from the Vikings, and the Vikings gets #3 pick to select Maye...but in that scenario the fucking Cardinals can still throw a wrench in the mix by trading down with the Giants, so who knows what they hell will happen and just like the Cardinals screwed us by missing a field goal they could screw us by forcing us to pick at #5 by taking away our trade options, IDK...we'll see what ends up happening in less than 6 weeks...
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X