Clear All
  • LarryAW
    Chargers fan since 1970
    • Sep 2018
    • Chula Vista, CA
    • retired paralegal/court reporter
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have my answer to what almost everyone is saying It's just not time to post it yet.

"WR Production" will come following establishing the run and using play action.

The ball will be spread around, to Palmer, QJ, Derius, Fehoko, midround rookies, Dissly, Hurst and midround 3rd down RB.

How many times did Herbert choose to throw the football to Keenan when others were wide open ? Check the tape ! You had to see this LIVE at SoFi. It sure shows up time and again on coaches tape. Harbaugh sees it. Shane Day sees it.

I will take it a step further. Keenan's "best season ever" was a product of other factors besides his truly great route running and internal fire. Hortiz made Slayer an offer he knew Slayer would refuse. KA was wise to leave, as it will change at LAC radically. Chicago Keenan will be at ~900 yards/season.

The offense will be quite different this coming year.

Someone will trade up with us for QB #3 or #4, or even one of the elite receivers.

Meanwhile, we will build the trenches with numerous stockpiled mid-high picks, then feast on leftover skill players, fantasy minded be damned.
    100%. KA was 10th in targets in only 13 games.

The WR position needs to be more balanced and the offense, itself, needs to be more balanced.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have my answer to what almost everyone is saying It's just not time to post it yet.

"WR Production" will come following establishing the run and using play action.

The ball will be spread around, to Palmer, QJ, Derius, Fehoko, midround rookies, Dissly, Hurst and midround 3rd down RB.

How many times did Herbert choose to throw the football to Keenan when others were wide open ? Check the tape ! You had to see this LIVE at SoFi. It sure shows up time and again on coaches tape. Harbaugh sees it. Shane Day sees it.

I will take it a step further. Keenan's "best season ever" was a product of other factors besides his truly great route running and internal fire. Hortiz made Slayer an offer he knew Slayer would refuse. KA was wise to leave, as it will change at LAC radically. Chicago Keenan will be at ~900 yards/season.

The offense will be quite different this coming year.

Someone will trade up with us for QB #3 or #4, or even one of the elite receivers.

Meanwhile, we will build the trenches with numerous stockpiled mid-high picks, then feast on leftover skill players, fantasy minded be damned.
      Agree!..... this team will become a better TEAM without him. REID and BB have shown us in this crazy salary cap world that you can win championships and manage money better without a great WR, if you have a great QB, great TE, solid OL, solid ST's, and have a great pass rush with guys who can cover at least for a short time....

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I would be shocked or the Titans took Bowers. They need a LT. Bears I could see be interested in Bowers, but they do have Kmet. Now the Jets could be a major wildcard since they have had talks with LT Tyrone Smith and traded for RT Morgan Moses.

It’s a toss up, but if Bowers is not there, there will be plenty of good players available.

A WR I can see them targeting would be Malachi Corley. YAC master Deebo type! Not a great route runner but just try to get the ball in his hands and let him work. I’m very interested to see what his pro day results will be.
        Bears have Kemet and just signed Everett. Kinda threw me off too. I can see the Jets interested though.

We need a pro day thread

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, I think they will find a way to use all of Herbert's talents. That means getting the deep routes. I don't buy for a second that QJ can't be that guy. His college tape shows what he can do. He was used incorrectly all last year.

Keep in mind that we just reunited Hortiz/Hurst. Many will downplay that move (for personal preferences)... but again, we didn't just sign Hurst for $22m as a backup. I suspect we find a backup for him somewhere around the 4th or 5th round.
          Hope so on the first point.

on the second you're using the Panthers contract numbers. The Chargers are paying him much less.

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I could see Brian Thomas. 4.35 and good route running, good hands, big radius - he was overshadowed by Nabers but is really good. Classic WR1
            I could see McConkey - 4.39, wicked change of direction, stop/start, accelerating separation skills, watch his tape. Will be elite out of slot and motion.
            keenan who?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree!..... this team will become a better TEAM without him. REID and BB have shown us in this crazy salary cap world that you can win championships and manage money better without a great WR, if you have a great QB, great TE, solid OL, solid ST's, and have a great pass rush with guys who can cover at least for a short time....
              We have 1-2 of those 6 things

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

This is fake news imo. Clickbait. I really dont want to be a forum that posts this stuff and runs with it as fact. You guys need to take these twitter accounts and the stuff they say with a grain of salt.
                Not a lot of followers, but does look real.

IMG_0171.jpg
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  Fleet 1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Phins beat writer with no content other than retweeting NFL news? There is nothing online eother. No profile at the Herald. Just a simple fake twitter account. They are all over the place there.
              • Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Updated cap numbers prior to any more FA signings or draft picks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

The real John Mark's acct (Miami Dolphin beat writer):
                  John Mark
                  @JohnCMark_

Vs. the faker's acct with the Joe Hortiz/Malik Nabers comment:
                  John Mark
                  @JohnCMark_

He's as real as John U. Bacon.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

How many of them are on teams that win Super Bowls?
                    Plenty. How far back do you want to go? 1994 perhaps Jerry Rice ring a bell?
                    This might help, but it only lists the WR that have won MVP.

Which wide receivers have won Super Bowl MVP? History of winners - Sports Illustrated

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Updated cap numbers prior to any more FA signings or draft picks.

It doesn't have the Bosa numbers yet. If the reports are correct you can add about $10M to that number. So close to $40M.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Wrong

No one would have looked at 2017 as a great WR class. The pick of Williams at 7 was called a bit of a reach. BTW taking off the homer glasses Williams never lived up to his draft. Two 1000 yard seasons in 7 years and zero pro bowls is not a good return for a 7 overall pick.

Last years WR class wasnt that spectacular. The top 2 picks JSN and QJ were not anything special. Addison and Flowers were good, but we are not talking dominant the way the top 3 this year could be. The class was saved by Puka a complete outlier that hapens once in a blue moon.
                        People, you need to stop forgetting Brian Thomas...this dude looks like a more Physical Mike Williams that might hold-up a bit better. If we move down he's my pick at #11...then draft another receiver in the third or fourth rounds. If your really crazy I would even move down from 23rd for a couple of second rounders and get another receiver...but that's just me with 3 second rounders available.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                        X