• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yes, I think that is what it will be. Limits the cap hit to this year - only $2.6m but it all counts.
    Yeah but he’s still on the roster, he’s still in the cap - it’s reduced for this year sure by the restructure. But there’s another ~$2M savings with a post-June cut according to OTC
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know about that. Is Davis better? Right now is QJ better? Hope he is this season. Think he will be better than last year. Faster don't equal better. .....and I'm also NOT advocating we sign him. Just saying I wouldn't mind it if they did.

He should end up a Saint,I'm sure Carr is telling them he wants him.

Renfrow did have 103 receptions in 2021 with 9 TDs, over 1000 yards there when he got more chances.

Reporters asked Care after a game when Renfrow had a lot of catches ....."why do you always look to Renfrow"?

Carr responded..... "because he is always open".

Then McDoody showed up and he had his two worst seasons.
      im not saying renfro is bad.... we just have about 2 available WR slots left.... Davis is fast and great returner, but not a great WR....so we have to be more careful who we choose and the 2 new guys should be YOUNG speed burners.......to go with current average speed guys......... who can score on play action passes....

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree... because we had an all pro center who could not play anymore for health reasons, and was replaced by horrible depth that TT selected.... and Herbert got hurt because of relentless pressure up the middle.... frequent jail breaks..... where pass rush is coming in almost as quickly as the snap.... Ive played every position on a football team for long enough to realize how tough each position is.... and jailbreaks are not fun!...lol
          This reminds me of the championship game two years ago when Alabama was killing Georgia blitzing up the middle, and they moved Salyer inside to guard. Fixed the problem and Will Anderson couldn’t get around the edge fast enough even with Salyer inside because Georgia got the ball out fast.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

This reminds me of the championship game two years ago when Alabama was killing Georgia blitzing up the middle, and they moved Salyer inside to guard. Fixed the problem and Will Anderson couldn’t get around the edge fast enough even with Salyer inside because Georgia got the ball out fast.
            exactly!...which is why KC's Jones is much more valuable than Bosa or Mack..... When Bosa Played against Brady, he got to brady in just slightly over 2 seconds..... but the ball was already gone to a wide open receiver because chargers had no one who could cover or we were stupidly, due to stupid coaching, playing 10 yards off of everyone leaving multiple quick easy passes(stupidly eliminating the pass rush)... and we always got routed by halftime in those games.....

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has only had an overall PFF score over 70 once in his career. Still an improvement over Clapp but still think we will draft a OC later now and free up our 2nd for another position..
              Here’s what I could find for him in 2022. Only 2 sacks compared to 8 in 2023.

NFL and PFF player stats for Los Angeles Chargers C Bradley Bozeman on Pro Football Focus.

Also it seems he was ranked 17th after 2022.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-cen...%20PFF%20grade.
              ​​​​​​
              Bozeman had a career year with the Ravens in 2021, earning a 73.6 PFF grade that saw him end the year as the 10th highest-graded player at the position. He didn't reach those heights in 2022 with the Panthers, but he now has four consecutive seasons with a 63.0-plus PFF grade

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

The WR I hope they bring in is Parris Campbell. He’s got speed with big play ability and won’t cost much at all.

I see Palmer having a good season if he stays healthy. He learned from Keenan for 3 years. One of the best mentors in the league.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

exactly!...which is why KC's Jones is much more valuable than Bosa or Mack..... When Bosa Played against Brady, he got to brady in just slightly over 2 seconds..... but the ball was already gone to a wide open receiver because chargers had no one who could cover or we were stupidly, due to stupid coaching, playing 10 yards off of everyone leaving multiple quick easy passes(stupidly eliminating the pass rush)... and we always got routed by halftime in those games.....
                  Gus had them in a soft zone outside technique playing 8+ yards off the LOS and TB to Edelman etc peppered them up and down the field with 5 yard slants and crosses, followed by another 3-6 YAC - and scored 5 TDs in a row before Gus finally had a DB come up and press a receiver at the line. I don’t even know how to coach and I wouldn’t wait to see 5 fucking TDs that did the exact same thing every time. Lo and behold, when he brought up press cover, suddenly NE couldn’t do the same anymore and only scored one more time in the 2nd half. (They were partly content to just run and bleed clock but it was still much better)

NE players even laughed about it after the game, their coaches had timed the Joey-to-QB rush time and it was 2.2-2.4sec, so they designed the game plan for TB to get it out on quick crosses and outs in 2.0 sec.

The way to get TB rattled was ALWAYS to get pressure from the inside. Almost every bad game he had, thats where he was pressured and pocket collapsed into his lap. You are 100% spot on the bullseye that a Chris Jones is a key plus factor for any defense and goddamn it - we should get one, thats how you get to Mahomes too. I’ve called for one for a decade! Enough of these late round projects, if I read another glowing projection for Scott Matlock, i swear I’ll puke. Those guys are occasional sub relief so the real Jones can catch his breath, you cannot win with a DL of Scott Matlocks.

Back to Gus. I’ll never forget that game, its seared in my soul. that was the single worst DC performance I’ve ever seen and I watched every Staley game.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Exactly...Power-gapper...
                    Emphasis on 'power' - for Mr. Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Jamaree was a starting LT / LG at Georgia. Surprisingly good starting LT on '22 Chargers. . Played RG poorly in '23.

Zion played LT/ LG at Boston Col. RG well for '22 Chargers LG poorly in '23.

I'd go with Salyer LG, Johnson RG. But coaches decision. New coaches look good where I sit. Roman and Devlin are vets at this stuff I Trust the coaches.

There's a saying; 'if you meet a jackass in the morning - you met a jackass. If you keep meeting jackass's all day - you're the jackass. This concept can be readily applied to coaches . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Here’s what I could find for him in 2022. Only 2 sacks compared to 8 in 2023.

NFL and PFF player stats for Los Angeles Chargers C Bradley Bozeman on Pro Football Focus.

Also it seems he was ranked 17th after 2022.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-center-rankings-top-32-ahead-of-the-2023-nfl-season#:~:text=Bradley%20Bozeman%2C%20Carolina%20P anthers,a%2063.0%2Dplus%20PFF%20grade.
                        ​​​
                        Could of been the rookie QBs fault on the sacks. I haven't watched any Panthers games and we know Young wasn't very good. Then again, Lamar is the opposite and an escape artist lol. Hopefully it isn't an issue with us.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This video does not contain all the matchups between Nabers and Kool-Aid / Arnold that game, primarily just the ones where they fared well.
                          Watch the rest of his highlights in that game, then. Tell me where he actually abused Kool-Aid and Arnold.

He abused Malachi Moore. He had one good play against Terrion Arnold. Pretty much nothing against Kool-Aid. Did the rest of his work against Caleb Downs, another safety.

Malik Nabers (WR, LSU) vs Alabama (2023)10 receptions, 171 yards, 1 touchdown🌟 Unlock Exclusive Content and Join the Inner Circle on Patreon! 🌟We're thrill...

Comment

Working...
                          X