• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Holy Smokes that is a god awful skill group on offence! Quite possibly the worst in the NFL, right there with Carolina
    I know what you're saying CBF.

It is rough to pass up talent that can light up the scoreboard.

Have at it building this thing in your style !
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Taking an offensive tackle at #10 will certainly put a lot of butts in the Stadium. I'm thinking Hortiz see's the bigger picture and brings in additional linemen that don't cost us high draft picks. Offensive center in the 2nd-3rd round I can live with...
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        Fun take on Rich Eisen show but what do the Jets have to trade up for MH2 this year. The only way I do this trade is if they include Sauce Gardner with the #10. Otherwise pound sand and we don't need next years #1 for a crap trade. Some how we are looking like sap suckers here in the NFL world.

Sauce is going on his 3rd year of a 4-year, $33 mil deal...that's his FIRST contract, so u better believe he's gonna want a whole lot more for his next deal...why are we STILL talking about taking on more monster contracts? RIGHT when Trader Joe BARELY got us out of cap hell...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am on board with Harbaugh and all you trenchers Wu, but to a point. I believe the modern day NFL needs a passing game and I do watch football for entertainment. I dont want Herbert neutered. Yes I know Roman wants to give him a run game. Thats great but give him some decent pass catchers while you are at it.

And RB needs alot more than 2 down committee back Gus

As maligned as Pipkins is, I would say he is better at his position than Spiller is and QJ is. We need an upgrade at RT sure but we actually need some guys at the skill positins who can play.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sauce is going on his 3rd year of a 4-year, $33 mil deal...that's his FIRST contract, so u better believe he's gonna want a whole lot more for his next deal...why are we STILL talking about taking on more monster contracts? RIGHT when Trader Joe BARELY got us out of cap hell...
            Two years from now we can afford him. Let me get this straight 2 more cheap years and then a 5th year option? Plus a possible franchise tag?
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Simmons just hasn't been good anywhere though. For the vet minimum or a little bit more - worth the gamble.
              to think reading along here before I started posting and was appalled with how many people on here wanted this cat over Herbert LOL!!!
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I am on board with Harbaugh and all you trenchers Wu, but to a point. I believe the modern day NFL needs a passing game and I do watch football for entertainment. I dont want Herbert neutered. Yes I know Roman wants to give him a run game. Thats great but give him some decent pass catchers while you are at it.

And RB needs alot more than 2 down committee back Gus

As maligned as Pipkins is, I would say he is better at his position than Spiller is and QJ is. We need an upgrade at RT sure but we actually need some guys at the skill positins who can play.
                Umm, yeah. We need 2 WRs, a TE and probably 2 more RBs. And good ones at that. We've got an 0-17 squad right now

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's possible. I think only the Jets might take him there but Burtons reasoning is sound. I can see OT, WR , or TE. But don't pick again til 72 and Rodgers they need to protect. Might tear his other Achilles.
                  NY media is saying there’s a good chance that the Jets might trade down and recoup the 2nd rounder and still get a LT. This draft is the best OT draft in forever.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Umm, yeah. We need 2 WRs, a TE and probably 2 more RBs. And good ones at that. We've got an 0-17 squad right now
                    Outch !!!!!!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good God. We're 0-0 just like everyone else. Hell all the UFL teams are 0-0 & they start next week.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Taking an offensive tackle at #10 will certainly put a lot of butts in the Stadium. I'm thinking Hortiz see's the bigger picture and brings in additional linemen that don't cost us high draft picks. Offensive center in the 2nd-3rd round I can live with...
                        As much as I like some of the day 2 centers, we are not spending that kinda capitol on a kid who is gonna sit behind Bozeman...there are starters to be had day 2.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Stetson516
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2024
                          • Send PM

I think if Minnesota trades up to New England gives them 11, 23, and a 2025 first round pick and grabs Drake Maye. Arizona takes Marvin harrison. New England calls chargers at 5, gives them 11 and 23 and keep the 2025 first round and drafts JJ McCarthy we still get our two first rounders. I can easily see New England doing a sneaky move like this to get an extra pick and the quarterback they want. I heard they don't like Drake. Maybe take that 11th pick and Chicago's fourth rounder that they gave us and move up two spots to the Bears and get Odunze. Then at 23, Maybe CB Mitchell or Arnold or DeJean.

Comment

Working...
                          X