• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It should have. Carolina picked the wrong QB... and has no 1st round pick. They will be the worst team in football this year... again.
    If Trey Lance Trade didn't teach people... then Bryce Young Trade should.

And this is exactly my point. You have no idea how these guys will turn out. Mr. Irrevelavent could take you to the Super Bowl while the guy you gave up 3 first-round draft picks for... just gets traded away for a 4th rounder. 49ers could have had Micah Parsons on squad... instead of Trey Lance.

To assume Vikings are trading away 3 first-round picks for JJ McCarthy is just plain silly on your part.

At least Sam Darnold and Bryce Young had some tape on them. JJ got Jim's word... and limited college opportunities.
    And it may be enough. Stay tuned.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Your post is the definition of conjecture.
      You are basically guessing.
      Im not when I say teams overdraft QBs and overpay for QBs. It’s a historical fact. Example? Sure. Just look at who is picking 1 this year. They benefited from a team overdrafting a QB and paying waaay too much to do it last year. This happens regularly and their is an endless list of these trades regardless of weather the QB works out or not. It’s a simple fact that there is a “QB Tax” in the league and historically teams don’t seem to have a problem with paying it.

Jim made a statement about cost that actually coincides with the above facts. He considers #5 pick to be like the #1 pick if all the QBs are taken. He’s admitting two facts.
      1. QBs are extremely expensive. He qualifies this by saying if they are all already gone and how expensive his pick will be after 4 QBs are taken.
      2. Best players in the draft are extremely expensive. He qualifies this fact by using his hypothetical of all 4 QBs being gone and he considers 5 to be 1.

There is zero conjecture or guessing in the above statement. It’s all based on facts. Facts from QB drafting history and facts from what Jim specifically said.

I hope, and this is just conjecture, that Harbaugh drafts MH2 if he’s there, but.., and this is just conjecture, I think he doesn’t value a WR like MH2 the way I do.
      If the Vikings were going to trade the farm, it would have been done already. There is no advantage for them to wait until draft day if they know they are going to have to give up 2025's first-round pick. This is not conjecture. This is fact. No trade has occurred.

Assuming that MHJ will be there @#5 is the biggest conjecture going on right now.
      If the Cards pass on MHJ @#4, Joe will take him at #5. A no-brainer decision... and realistic conjecture.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's a result of some on this forum wanting a weapon so badly, which has also led to the two other top receivers and best tight end becoming "generational talents" while the best offensive tackle prospect is a useless "beanpole" who can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, much less make the transition to right tackle. Only 15 days left until we see what actually happens.
        Yup..that's me! Right now we have a howitzer with no AMMO! I can see Herbert as not happy until the picture is fully defined in the receivers room. It's not pretty and if Harbaugh thinks that a Right tackle is a cure all for what ails us I'm starting to think he's a dinosaur living in an NFL that doesn't exist anymore.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

It should have. Carolina picked the wrong QB... and has no 1st round pick. They will be the worst team in football this year... again.
          If Trey Lance Trade didn't teach people... then Bryce Young Trade should.

And this is exactly my point. You have no idea how these guys will turn out. Mr. Irrevelavent could take you to the Super Bowl while the guy you gave up 3 first-round draft picks for... just gets traded away for a 4th rounder. 49ers could have had Micah Parsons on squad... instead of Trey Lance.

To assume Vikings are trading away 3 first-round picks for JJ McCarthy is just plain silly on your part.

At least Sam Darnold and Bryce Young had some tape on them. JJ got Jim's word... and limited college opportunities.
          I never mentioned 3 1rsts.
          Either MHJr is there, or McCarthy.

Consider trading back if its McCarthy, or just draft Nabers/Odunze.
          I don't really worry which way it goes. Go ahead and draft Beanpole; they'll inform me why drafting a RT who can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag is best for the Chargers,
          and I'll buy it.

Posters who make strident comments about how its going to go this way or that are starting to be irritating.

Let Horvitz assess what the trigger point for Minny will be.
          I think you greatly under estimate the attractive prospect that McCarthy is.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's a result of some on this forum wanting a weapon so badly, which has also led to the two other top receivers and best tight end becoming "generational talents" while the best offensive tackle prospect is a useless "beanpole" who can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, much less make the transition to right tackle. Only 15 days left until we see what actually happens.
            Exactly! It's so blatantly obvious. They have thrown reality out of the window.
            The #1 player in college football is dogshit @#4... but Generational @#5. LOL!

The TE can run/pass block and catch... therefor, he's the run the ball better and protect the QB guy... over the best all-around OT or the best run-blocking OT in college football.

I enjoy the mental gymnastics these guys are performing... but it's time for reality to set in.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If four QBs go, that’s exactly what the conversation and decision will be about. What helps this team most? Only JH2 know the answer to that, and we won’t find out till draft day.

And if it’s three QBs and MHJ gone, well it gets even more interesting. Dunno what’s gonna happen, but however it shakes out we will be a significantly better team. Hell we already are!
              Maybe? We pretty much jettisoned ALL of our playmakers and we are running on re-runs and damaged goods going into next season.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I must be at the other end of that spectrum, only guy I can see to help us right out of the box is MHJ. Everybody else I have questions about (probably Odunze I have the least).

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  I must be at the other end of that spectrum, only guy I can see to help us right out of the box is MHJ. Everybody else I have questions about (probably Odunze I have the least).
                  Nabers is a really good consolation prize! Think of Tyreek without all the girlfriend beatings...

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Nabers is a really good consolation prize! Think of Tyreek without all the girlfriend beatings...
                    Does that mean he will beat the 10 year old child like Tyreek?

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Does that mean he will beat the 10 year old child like Tyreek?
                      Anyone really...The only thing I want to see are my receivers Beating DBs deep and into the endzone!

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Here's another statement that is not conjecture...
                        If I can get #5 (and my QB) for a #11 and a #23... why would I pay an extra 1st rounder in 2025 to move up one more spot (to #4)...?
                        Certain teams may overpay for QB's... but I don't have to be one of them.

Jim never had to say we're taking MHJ @#5... it's implied. IF 4 QB's are taken... THEN it's like having the #1 pick.
                        Who do you think he's referencing...? Joe Alt...? Malik Nabers...? Brock Bowers...?
                        I'm putting my money on MHJ. Isn't that the player everyone is obsessing about...?
                        Why wouldn't the Cardinals be obsessed with MHJ...? Their fans are. We are. Jim Harbaugh appears to be.
                        What am I missing here...?
                        Anything that we discuss here on the draft is conjecture because none of us have no clue what's going to happen during the draft. It's just opinions.

The reason you give up the 1st rnder in 2025 is because Vikings aren't the only team looking to trade up to get a QB. In other words, they could get out bid and lose out on getting their QB because there is potentially a team that will overpay to get their QB or player. Draft history tells us this.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

If the Vikings were going to trade the farm, it would have been done already. There is no advantage for them to wait until draft day if they know they are going to have to give up 2025's first-round pick. This is not conjecture. This is fact. No trade has occurred.

Assuming that MHJ will be there @#5 is the biggest conjecture going on right now.
                          If the Cards pass on MHJ @#4, Joe will take him at #5. A no-brainer decision... and realistic conjecture.
                          This is just your opinion or conjecture on the matter, not fact. There is numerous advantages to AZ not doing a trade yet. They could get a better package from another team in the ensuing weeks.
                          They could learn information about the player they want to draft at 4 that would alter their opinion of the trade. Off the field issues that could come to the surface just prior to the day of the draft.

If there is no reason to make the trade, allow the process to play out until the pick is on the board, giving your FO all the possible time to fully vet the player you are trading for, and the executives the time to fully discuss every possible avenue that can be taken with said pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X