• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    There's not a lot of risk in this experiment.

Swap 5 for 11, 23 and JJ

If we can't resign JJ next offseason with more cap available, take the 3rd comp pick and let him walk.

It's worth a shot imo
    Vikings aren't doing that deal though. They can trade JJ and get other value for JJ.

Who wrote that trade

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

In regard to trading for JJ. The Chargers could easily do it and re-sign him. The Chargers are 30M under the cap now or close to it. They could easily absorb the 19M contract this year. Given how much they asked Bosa and Mack to take a pay cut I'm guessing they ask KA about the same amount which would put him around 19M. If the Chargers were going to pay KA around 19M this year, why wouldn't you pay a younger JJ 19M this year?

Next year they could let him walk for a comp pick or re-sign him. The Chargers are going to be close to 100M under the cap next year. They are losing 50M in dead cap space next year plus they will likely lose Mack and there will be the annual cap increase.

Yes, this year's draft is loaded with WRs but just because they trade for JJ doesn't mean they wouldn't draft a WR. Having JJ, QJ, Palmer, + rookie receiver looks a lot better than what we have now and having a vet like JJ in the WR would be huge.

I'm not for or against trading for JJ but this idea that he is going to cost to much is absurd. They will have plenty of cap space this year and next. The reason the Chargers were in cap hell this wasn't necessarily the big 4 contracts it was because they had 50M in dead cap.

Anyway, I personally don't think that JJ would be part of compensation if the Chargers and Vikings make a draft trade but it's not out of the realm of possibility and it should be discussed.
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
        In regard to trading for JJ. The Chargers could easily do it and re-sign him. The Chargers are 30M under the cap now or close to it. They could easily absorb the 19M contract this year. Given how much they asked Bosa and Mack to take a pay cut I'm guessing they ask KA about the same amount which would put him around 19M. If the Chargers were going to pay KA around 19M this year, why wouldn't you pay a younger JJ 19M this year?

Next year they could let him walk for a comp pick or re-sign him. The Chargers are going to be close to 100M under the cap next year. They are losing 50M in dead cap space next year plus they will likely lose Mack and there will be the annual cap increase.

Yes, this year's draft is loaded with WRs but just because they trade for JJ doesn't mean they wouldn't draft a WR. Having JJ, QJ, Palmer, + rookie receiver looks a lot better than what we have now and having a vet like JJ in the WR would be huge.

I'm not for or against trading for JJ but this idea that he is going to cost to much is absurd. They will have plenty of cap space this year and next. The reason the Chargers were in cap hell this wasn't necessarily the big 4 contracts it was because they had 50M in dead cap.

Anyway, I personally don't think that JJ would be part of compensation if the Chargers and Vikings make a draft trade but it's not out of the realm of possibility and it should be discussed.
        why would you trade the 5th pick in the draft for JJ when you can just draft Nabers and pay him about 25-30% for the same five years

and that trade of 5 for 11, 23 and JJ is nonsense

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

why would you trade the 5th pick in the draft for JJ when you can just draft Nabers and pay him about 25-30% for the same five years

Simply, JJ is a proven vet Nabers is not.
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Harbaugh having worked with his OC/DC in the past with great success is going to help them get cracking right away, there won't be a getting to know each other phase, they already do. I looked into the reasons Greg Roman quit in Baltimore: After leading the league in scoring his first season (2019) with Lamar Jackson, offensive production decreased each season, he wasn't able to mesh a passing game with the powerful run game he had established. There were also some questions about his red zone play-calling. It should be noted that Lamar Jackson missed a number of games in Roman's last two seasons in Balt. Jackson was a Pro Bowler twice and an All-Pro once under Roman during this Balt tenure.

Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman stepped down from his role Thursday amid fan outrage and player frustration.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Simply, JJ is a proven vet Nabers is not.
              The cost of JJ compared to Nabers on his rookie contract swings me to favor Nabers. That doesn't mean I don't like JJ, I'd love to pair him with Herbert. But it he could come at a price, a very high one.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The cost of JJ compared to Nabers on his rookie contract swings me to favor Nabers. That doesn't mean I don't like JJ, I'd love to pair him with Herbert. But it he could come at a price, a very high one.
                I'm not for or against JJ for the record, I'm just saying that the Chargers will have the cap space and then some to make it happen if that is the route they go. Yes, it will be expensive, but they could do it.

Also, this isn't and either/or thing. They could have both. Just because they trade for JJ doesn't mean that they wouldn't draft Nabers. They could have both. Worst case you pay JJ 19M this year and let him walk next year while getting a comp pick and still have Nabers. Best case is you re-sign JJ next and year and have both for 4-5 years. They are going to have close to 100M in cap next year once that 50M dead cap is gone so why not? If JJ makes the team better why not spend it on hm?
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm not for or against JJ for the record, I'm just saying that the Chargers will have the cap space and then some to make it happen if that is the route they go. Yes, it will be expensive, but they could do it.

Also, this isn't and either/or thing. They could have both. Just because they trade for JJ doesn't mean that they wouldn't draft Nabers. They could have both. Worst case you pay JJ 19M this year and let him walk next year while getting a comp pick and still have Nabers. Best case is you re-sign JJ next and year and have both for 4-5 years. They are going to have close to 100M in cap next year once that 50M dead cap is gone so why not? If JJ makes the team better why not spend it on hm?
                  Well they really don't have the cap space this year unless they want to move more money around as the team still needs to pay draft picks, practice squad, have money for the season.

I am not even sure the Vikings do the 5th pick straight up for Jefferson let alone adding 11 and 23

As for next years cap - that number is realistically down to about $50m right now (or less) - unless again, you don't want to sign players drafted and have a 53 player roster.

Plus I don't even want Justin Jefferson - Chargers need to build a team.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Well they really don't have the cap space this year unless they want to move more money around as the team still needs to pay draft picks, practice squad, have money for the season.

I am not even sure the Vikings do the 5th pick straight up for Jefferson let alone adding 11 and 23

As for next years cap - that number is realistically down to about $50m right now (or less) - unless again, you don't want to sign players drafted and have a 53 player roster.

Plus I don't even want Justin Jefferson - Chargers need to build a team.
                    Agreed, not sure if Vikings even want to trade JJ.

The last time I checked the Chargers were about 33M under the cap. JJs salary this year is 19M so they have the space to do it plus like I said I'm sure KA's pay cut would have been somewhere around 19M, so they were prepared for that.

50M? As of right now their projected cap space for 2025 is 110M, that is not including next year's draft picks.

JJ wouldn't stop them from building a team. Worst case is the Chargers spend 19M this year and that's it.

2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

yes. so MINN is supposed to jump through hoops finding a QB for JJ, and then get rid of JJ in the process? makes no sense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Its just not a smart thing to do. And his 19 million isnt easily absorbed. Then you have 12 mil left over which will be for the draft class. Then your out of money to add players after the draft, which we still need to do and have a stash for in season injuries or signings. They traded Keenan because Hortiz said they needed that space to do the things they need to add to the roster.

This is all a rumor made up by somebody with no credibility anyways. It has no legs. It is the equivelant to the Boltbeat guy saying that and their team believing it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Its just not a smart thing to do. And his 19 million isnt easily absorbed. Then you have 12 mil left over which will be for the draft class. Then your out of money to add players after the draft, which we still need to do and have a stash for in season injuries or signings. They traded Keenan because Hortiz said they needed that space to do the things they need to add to the roster.

This is all a rumor made up by somebody with no credibility anyways. It has no legs. It is the equivelant to the Boltbeat guy saying that and their team believing it.

Agreed. I think from what I have read MN wants to find a QB to pair with JJ and Addison

as of today, I think if three QBs go 1-3, the Cardinals will pick their favorite WR and the Vikings will trade up to 5

Comment

Working...
                          X