• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Mecole Hardman was not a first-round pick. He was selected 56th overall in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft. Tyreek Hill still had three years left on his contract.

Trent McDuffie is the Chiefs' #1 corner.
    Correct, my mistake their 1st pick of that draft for them.
    Point still stands about playmaking and speed.
    Trent McDuffie is now. He wasn't last year. He was #2 on the Right Side. Sneed was their #1 and covered the opposing teams #1. LCB is the traditional CB1 for teams. In fact, according to the latest depth chart for the Chiefs, Joshua Williams will slide into the LCB role and McDuffie will stay on the right side.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You are not framing the choices accurately, I guess to win some sort of argument.

Of course Odunze is a better receiver than BTJ.

This is Odunze + Pipkins vs BTJ + Latham.

BTJ will be "allowed" to always be open lol because Herbert has play action, a running attack, and more time to throw.

We all know that running the ball is a key component to our balanced offense.

So the correct question is, again, how much bulk production will we really need from our receivers ?

Palmer (sidelines)
      QJ (over the middle)
      Hurst (underneath)
      BTJ (deep)

as per the whispers Jeremy Fowler is hearing.
      I’m not in an argument. Why you see everyone as arguing with you is all on you. You attempting to “frame” this discussion in that light only adds to this.
      There are RTs all over the draft. You don’t absolutely have to take one at 5 or 11.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I’m not in an argument. Why you see everyone as arguing with you is all on you. You attempting to “frame” this discussion in that light only adds to this.
        There are RTs all over the draft. You don’t absolutely have to take one at 5 or 11.
        I am doing fine.
        I have a huge sense of humor.
        But when someone makes a snarky comment in my direction,
        impuning my hard working, half century derived draft chops,
        they will likely hear about it.

Still waiting on specifics from you re BTJ.
        yes this draft is deep at OT...and WR.
        I managed to do the popular MIN trade and snag an elite WR and elite ORT, perfectly suited to our needs.
        No sidestepping here.
        I have always stood for quality dialog and substance.
        Far beyond simulator mocks.
        It is not so easy when on the clock.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Correct, my mistake their 1st pick of that draft for them.
          Point still stands about playmaking and speed.
          Trent McDuffie is now. He wasn't last year. He was #2 on the Right Side. Sneed was their #1 and covered the opposing teams #1. LCB is the traditional CB1 for teams. In fact, according to the latest depth chart for the Chiefs, Joshua Williams will slide into the LCB role and McDuffie will stay on the right side.
          Regardless of what you think about McDuffie vs. Snead, the Chiefs still have McDuffie, whom they consider their second-best defensive player, behind Chris Jones. It's not like the Chiefs were choosing to leave the cornerback position bare in favor improving the wide receiver depth chart. They know they can't pay Snead and McDuffie, and they're choosing to move forward with McDuffie.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Just minutes after the Kansas City Chiefs’ second game of the season, amid all the commotion and organized chaos inside the visitors locker room, Dave Merritt, the team’s defensive backs coach, made a rather bold statement.

In a brief exchange after the Chiefs’ win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, Merritt heard our question — How good is Trent McDuffie? — and didn’t hesitate with his answer.

“He’s the best cornerback I’ve ever drafted,” said a smiling Merritt, who has coached in the NFL for 27 years.

In three games, McDuffie has allowed just eight receptions for 64 yards without giving up a touchdown or committing a penalty.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Regardless of what you think about McDuffie vs. Snead, the Chiefs still have McDuffie, whom they consider their second-best defensive player, behind Chris Jones. It's not like the Chiefs were choosing to leave the cornerback position bare in favor improving the wide receiver depth chart. They know they can't pay Snead and McDuffie, and they're choosing to move forward with McDuffie.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Just minutes after the Kansas City Chiefs’ second game of the season, amid all the commotion and organized chaos inside the visitors locker room, Dave Merritt, the team’s defensive backs coach, made a rather bold statement.

In a brief exchange after the Chiefs’ win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, Merritt heard our question — How good is Trent McDuffie? — and didn’t hesitate with his answer.

“He’s the best cornerback I’ve ever drafted,” said a smiling Merritt, who has coached in the NFL for 27 years.

In three games, McDuffie has allowed just eight receptions for 64 yards without giving up a touchdown or committing a penalty.
            McDuffie versus Sneed is not the point here. The point is that KC Franchised Sneed and traded him for a 2025 3rd rounder, so they could allocate some of the money back into the offense by signing Hollywood Brown to address their lack of playmakers and speed on that side of the ball. If they felt the status quo of great defense, running game and average at best offensive weapons was sustainable, then they would have kept Snead and rolled with continuing to build their offense with mid-round WR's like some are suggesting the Chargers do.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Apparently we are interested in Marques Valdez-Scantling. Hope the interest is more than just scant though lol. Actually this would be good so we then we enter the draft w a lesser need at WR to be more BPA.

image.png
              Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-09-2024, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

I am doing fine.
                I have a huge sense of humor.
                But when someone makes a snarky comment in my direction,
                impuning my hard working, half century derived draft chops,
                they will likely hear about it.

Still waiting on specifics from you re BTJ.
                yes this draft is deep at OT...and WR.
                I managed to do the popular MIN trade and snag an elite WR and elite ORT, perfectly suited to our needs.
                No sidestepping here.
                I have always stood for quality dialog and substance.
                Far beyond simulator mocks.
                It is not so easy when on the clock.
                I think your first round mock is fine, however like other posters have said I doubt very seriously JC will be there where you slotted him, (He's slated by most as being drafted no farther than mid round)! Maybe Mims will be there @ 23 but if you want JC probably got to take him by pick 11! JC @ 11 and Adonai Mitchell @23 is probably more realistic!
                Last edited by electricgold; 04-08-2024, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I think your first round mock is fine, however like other posters have said I doubt very seriously JC will be there where you slotted him, (He's slated by most as being drafted no farther than mid round)! Maybe Mims will be there @ 23 but if you want JC probably got to take him by pick 11! JC @ 11 and Adonai Mitchell @23 is probably more realistic!
                  Other teams do not have Rashawn Slater.
                  Other talented OT prospects have more position flexibility than JC.
                  I took this into account when projecting how the OT run would go.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Well if you are right about JC being there @ 23 and the Chargers make the trade nice job and it would be a no brainier pick! After Nabers gun thing I'm also starting to like BTJ over him as well if the Cards draft MHJ! Have to also ultimately keep Bowers as an option it's an incredibly tough call based on the talent in this draft....

Comment

• Chargers8491
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

I think if the Chargers trade back and have #11 and #23 or #27 they will have to take Latham @ #11 if he is their target because I think we will see a run of OT's in the mid 1st rnd. Once one goes, they will start to fall, IMHO. I do think it is possible that they could use some draft capital to move up from #23 or #27 to take him or another player but personally given how talented this draft class is I would prefer they either stand pat or trade back with that late 1st rnd draft pick. So many options and can't wait to see what they do.
                      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                      3a- #66 Puni OT
                      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                      4a- #105 Rice WR
                      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                      5- #140 Green CB
                      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton

Honest question..Are you a woman?
                        No place for this shit here.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Zak Zinter

2023 unanimous All American, even missing games due to broken leg.

2022 and 23 First team all Big Ten

2021 second team all Big Ten

Watch his tape...cant believe consensus rankings have him so low...this is a second rounder, and immediate starter in this league...

If he actually falls to the late 3rd/4th...thats a steal.
                          TBH I am not aa high in Zinter as most.
                          Cool.
                          Maybe he will be a value pick, coming off injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X