• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

AZ can trade out of 4 to a team that wants a QB. And then they can trade with the Chargers for pick 5 and still take MHJ or Nabors. And they get whatever extra stuff they can out of it for basically doing nothing and taking the player they wanted all along. Chargers wanting to trade down has to be the worst secret in the NFL right now and some teams might feel like they can take advantage.

Or maybe THEY take a QB and trade the mini QB they have to the Broncos or Raiders….. a QB like Murray who doesn’t like to study is a match made in heaven for a HC like Pierce

TG
    You think Hortiz/Harbaugh would trade out of #5 with MHJ on the board and pass on him after working so hard to try and get the 4th QB drafted in the Top-4 just to have a shot at MHJ? I don't understand this take by some fans. Very Weird to me.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

You think Hortiz/Harbaugh would trade out of #5 with MHJ on the board and pass on him after working so hard to try and get the 4th QB drafted in the Top-4 just to have a shot at MHJ? I don't understand this take by some fans. Very Weird to me.
      Cuz of the rumors.😎

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

There is your take on MHJ which I have zero problem drafting a stud WR at 5. But just to answer your question...the reason Harbaugh is trying so hard to get 4 QBs drafted 1 -4 is like he said, then the #5 pick becomes the top pick in the draft for teams with QBs and is worth a lot as a trade chip. Win win either way, you get MHJ or a nice haul for trade down

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is your take on MHJ which I have zero problem drafting a stud WR at 5. But just to answer your question...the reason Harbaugh is trying so hard to get 4 QBs drafted 1 -4 is like he said, then the #5 pick becomes the top pick in the draft for teams with QBs and is worth a lot as a trade chip. Win win either way, you get MHJ or a nice haul for trade down
          Agreed!!! Also when you have Harbaugh and Hortiz at the helm, a WR at 5 does not seem like a pick they would make. Even if is it is a player like MHJ, Nabers or Odunze. And I love Odunze as a player and a Harbaugh type player.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

Okay, so 4 QB 's go 1-4. Harbaugh/Hortiz look at their board and their #1 player is sitting there and they say trade out?
            Question 1: Which team?
            Question 2: What package (Remember Harbaugh said like the #1 pick, so that means treat it like a QB in terms of pick value. So how many future 1sts are you getting?
            Question 3: In this case who their #1 player on their board in your opinion is? It sounds like #1 player is Trade Out

Genuinely curious.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Agreed!!! Also when you have Harbaugh and Hortiz at the helm, a WR at 5 does not seem like a pick they would make. Even if is it is a player like MHJ, Nabers or Odunze. And I love Odunze as a player and a Harbaugh type player.
              Bolt,

Same question

Okay, so 4 QB 's go 1-4. Harbaugh/Hortiz look at their board and their #1 player is sitting there and they say trade out?
              Question 1: Which team?
              Question 2: What package (Remember Harbaugh said like the #1 pick, so that means treat it like a QB in terms of pick value. So how many future 1sts are you getting?
              Question 3: In this case who their #1 player on their board in your opinion is? It sounds like #1 player is Trade Out

Genuinely curious.

Bolt,
              Why would you think this is not a Hortiz pick at #5 considering he was part of the group who drafted a WR in the First round 3 of the last 5 years in Baltimore looking for playmakers at a great value?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Also I can't help but think about the wow factor of drafting MHJ to pair with Herb in LA.I think the NFL would Love that pairing cuz at the end of the day it is an entertainment business.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Kinda OT. Just saw this on the Chargers website under an article about the NFF-LA Banquet held in SoFi: "...Chargers Legend Larry English graced the event as the keynote speaker, imparting words of wisdom to inspire the next generation of athletes. " Is this the same great Larry English drafted by the mercurial A.J. Smith?

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I think they take MHJ if he is there at #5.
                    And hope there is runs on WRs so prospects fall to Joe Hortiz.

​​​​​
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                      Kinda OT. Just saw this on the Chargers website under an article about the NFF-LA Banquet held in SoFi: "...Chargers Legend Larry English graced the event as the keynote speaker, imparting words of wisdom to inspire the next generation of athletes. " Is this the same great Larry English drafted by the mercurial A.J. Smith?
                      I wish Larry English was as impactful for the Chargers as he was for my alma mater Northern Illinois University, at least Michael "the burner" Turner was somewhat (more so for the Falcons)

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2024
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        I think they take MHJ if he is there at #5.
                        And hope there is runs on WRs so prospects fall to Joe Hortiz.

​​​​
                        I think there will be a run at the start of day 2. That's why I'm looking at Atlanta at #43. Let them trade up for WR Ladd McConkey. and get pick #79 of round 3. McConkey a hometown kid who would fit exactly what they need after they pick a defensive player at #8 like Turner. McConkey is strictly a slot receiver and him in the slot with Drake London at X to go with Pitts and the horse #7 would be a very formidable stable of weapons for Cousins.
                        Meantime, that would give the Chargers 5 picks right in the meat of this draft.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

why, thats not trying hard by Harbaugh measures. Why, he's barely even bluffing someone once every few days to a week.

Reminds me of the great Crocodile Dundee ...

Crocodile Dundee Comedy GIF by Laff
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X