• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

It's a result of some on this forum wanting a weapon so badly, which has also led to the two other top receivers and best tight end becoming "generational talents" while the best offensive tackle prospect is a useless "beanpole" who can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, much less make the transition to right tackle. Only 15 days left until we see what actually happens.
    I can only speak for myself. For me, it's not just about getting a weapon so badly but being able to get a true RT later in the draft. If they trade down, they can get a weapon with the 1st pick and a true RT with the 2nd pick.

I'm not a big fan of taking a LT that will be converted to a RT with the first pick. To me that is not good value when you can get a true RT later in the draft.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If the Vikings were going to trade the farm, it would have been done already. There is no advantage for them to wait until draft day if they know they are going to have to give up 2025's first-round pick. This is not conjecture. This is fact. No trade has occurred.

Assuming that MHJ will be there @#5 is the biggest conjecture going on right now.
      If the Cards pass on MHJ @#4, Joe will take him at #5. A no-brainer decision... and realistic conjecture.
      Not necessarilty - maybe the WTF won't trade out of 2 and that is the player the vikings REALLY want -- ev en if they give up 11, 23 and a 2025 FRP

Maybe the Patriots really want the QB at 3 -- again a target of the Vikings

So you are the one with conjecture and opinion. Maybe a trade happens, maybe it doesn't. But just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it won't

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I can only speak for myself. For me, it's not just about getting a weapon so badly but being able to get a true RT later in the draft. If they trade down, they can get a weapon with the 1st pick and a true RT with the 2nd pick.

I'm not a big fan of taking a LT that will be converted to a RT with the first pick. To me that is not good value when you can get a true RT later in the draft.
        Yes - agreed. But I also think at this point, two weeks out, so many options have been discussed we are getting to the "panic and worst case scenario" part of the program.

Not saying Alt won't be the pick but at the same time - just conjecture as well.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yes - agreed. But I also think at this point, two weeks out, so many options have been discussed we are getting to the "panic and worst case scenario" part of the program.

Not saying Alt won't be the pick but at the same time - just conjecture as well.
          If Alt is the pick I'm on board with it. I wanted Hortiz/Harbaugh combo from the very beginning so yeah whatever they decide to do I'm all in.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

If Alt is the pick I'm on board with it. I wanted Hortiz/Harbaugh combo from the very beginning so yeah whatever they decide to do I'm all in.
            I will trust the track record of both and will be on board with it. It won't be a bad pick.

As aside from Allen out and Bosa in - I thought Allen would be back -- the offseason has been pretty ideal from my point of view. Levet set the cap, signed a bunch of players to one year deals just to make sure the roster has some holes filled, getting some extra draft picks in the future. Now time for the fun of it all - the draft. So basically they have done what I hoped they would do when people said I was quitting on the season.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will trust the track record of both and will be on board with it. It won't be a bad pick.

As aside from Allen out and Bosa in - I thought Allen would be back -- the offseason has been pretty ideal from my point of view. Levet set the cap, signed a bunch of players to one year deals just to make sure the roster has some holes filled, getting some extra draft picks in the future. Now time for the fun of it all - the draft. So basically they have done what I hoped they would do when people said I was quitting on the season.
              I also thought Bosa would be gone and Allen kept. I agree with your thoughts on what they have done - about as good as you possibly could, considering the circumstances. The draft will be fascinating to see - trade back, go best available, and what areas they think they need to upgrade (vs what we think).

Comment

• Icebolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2023
                • Send PM

Here's another statement that is not conjecture...
                If I can get #5 (and my QB) for a #11 and a #23... why would I pay an extra 1st rounder in 2025 to move up one more spot (to #4)...?
                Certain teams may overpay for QB's... but I don't have to be one of them.

Jim never had to say we're taking MHJ @#5... it's implied. IF 4 QB's are taken... THEN it's like having the #1 pick.
                Who do you think he's referencing...? Joe Alt...? Malik Nabers...? Brock Bowers...?
                I'm putting my money on MHJ. Isn't that the player everyone is obsessing about...?
                Why wouldn't the Cardinals be obsessed with MHJ...? Their fans are. We are. Jim Harbaugh appears to be.
                What am I missing here...?
                Why would you pay more to move up from #5 to #4. EASY, to keep another team from taking the #4. Now Vikes have no QB to. pick!
                Harbaugh would NOT state openly that if" 4 QB's go 1-4 then the #5 in the top pick in the draft" because he will use that pick on MHJ. If this was true he would keep quiet and not let other teams know what he is doing. HE WANTS A BIDDING WAR FOR #5. It's very clear to me

Comment

• Icebolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2023
                  • Send PM

If the Vikings were going to trade the farm, it would have been done already. There is no advantage for them to wait until draft day if they know they are going to have to give up 2025's first-round pick. This is not conjecture. This is fact. No trade has occurred.

Assuming that MHJ will be there @#5 is the biggest conjecture going on right now.
                  If the Cards pass on MHJ @#4, Joe will take him at #5. A no-brainer decision... and realistic conjecture.
                  Again, I disagree with your conjecture!. Vikes would NEVER make this trade before the draft. Why let everyone else know what you are doing? If the make the trade with #5, it let's everyone else know that to get one of the top 4 QB's you will have to go higher than #5. DUH

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

Again, I disagree with your conjecture!. Vikes would NEVER make this trade before the draft. Why let everyone else know what you are doing? If the make the trade with #5, it let's everyone else know that to get one of the top 4 QB's you will have to go higher than #5. DUH
                    What if the player MIN wants to draft at 4 is diagnosed with cancer. Parkinson’s. That would alter your draft board significantly. But because you’ve already made that trade weeks before the draft, you are now stuck.

Didn’t HOU draft a WR from BAMA and then shortly after he was diagnosed with something?

Comment

• Icebolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2023
                      • Send PM

In MHO, Chargers don't want to draft a WR or TE this high. I think they really want Defense. LB, CB and DL with be the main focus. BUT, they may draft a OL if they value him super high. Like Latham at #11. The only way they draft MHJ at #5 is if they don't get a real good deal. Do you really think that no teams out there will want MHJ at #5? They will get proposals for #5!! We are just hoping it's a QB rather than MHJ.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                        In MHO, Chargers don't want to draft a WR or TE this high. I think they really want Defense. LB, CB and DL with be the main focus. BUT, they may draft a OL if they value him super high. Like Latham at #11. The only way they draft MHJ at #5 is if they don't get a real good deal. Do you really think that no teams out there will want MHJ at #5? They will get proposals for #5!! We are just hoping it's a QB rather than MHJ.
                        This is all just conjecture…….., but even if the proposal is for MH2, I would expect Hortiz to use the Julio Jones trade as the foundational model for any trade.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I don't.

Did it dissuade Carolina last year?
                          Did the Sam Darnold debacle a few years earlier dissuade San Fran?

From CBS sports:
                          Over the past 13 drafts, 35 quarterbacks have been taken in the first round, and there has been an average of one trade up each year to take a quarterback in the top half of the round.

This is just getting plain silly on your part.
                          Agree - it will never dissuade the desperate GM that has no QB ... Lance was far from the first QB bust, and won't be the last.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X