• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'd be completely fine with Newton at 11. A new era of Charger football builds from the inside out.
    The beauty of the cupboard that Telesco left for Hortiz is there are so many damn positions - not just first round - but all three days - that more than likely, the player drafted will be needed. Not wanted, needed.

IDL and LB too me are two areas of the team that are sorely lacking. So, if Newton fits the scheme, the talent fits the draft position - solid selection

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Why would OT concern you?
      Because Harbaugh did that odd, speech about offensive line being so important? What if they really like the O line guys they’ve inherited and always thought they were really good, and with their coaching would be even better? What if that whole public o line speech was just misdirection by Harbaugh so teams would take all these OTs high?
      I could totally see Harbaugh just leading folks down one path, while the FO is on an entirely different path.
      Because I've seen Trey Pipkins over five seasons.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Bagging on you...? I don't remember that. Were you suggesting @#5...? @#23, I'd be fine with Newton.
        That's fine if Payton Wilson is DND for you. Bucky Brooks is the one that really likes Payton. I could take/leave him. His traits...
        Colson has always been my guy (even before JH became the HC). Once the Chargers had a visit scheduled with Cooper... I started watching more Cooper tape. Then imagined him in Minter's scheme. I imagined him with Minter tutelage and discipline... I can see why they are considering @#23... along with 5 or 6 other teams.

Alt was always a plus run-blocker... the arguments otherwise were just mud-slinging. I get it... everyone want their boy and will trash other players to try and get their point across. I'm with Beach, Fuaga @#11. Dreams of Fuaga + Alt are just dreams. Fresh draft takes are always welcome.
        Just because they brought him in doesnt mean they are considering him at 23....or the other teams for that matter. Ravens might be, but they also have OT as a bigger need in round 1.

We brought in Guerendo. He isnt coming close to round 1. He is likely round 5. Teams bring in some players to get medical evals and interviews and get a better idea of them for those they have an interest in. Not neccessarily because they are a early target. Guerendo has had injuries that ended his seasons so he imo is a medical eval. Two of those were hamstring injuries. Another a LisFranc. Cooper from what i can gather hasnt had any big injuries so he is a different interview.

I havent seen who all they brought in so far.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Bagging on you...? I don't remember that. Were you suggesting @#5...? @#23, I'd be fine with Newton.
          That's fine if Payton Wilson is DND for you. Bucky Brooks is the one that really likes Payton. I could take/leave him. His traits...
          Colson has always been my guy (even before JH became the HC). Once the Chargers had a visit scheduled with Cooper... I started watching more Cooper tape. Then imagined him in Minter's scheme. I imagined him with Minter tutelage and discipline... I can see why they are considering @#23... along with 5 or 6 other teams.

Alt was always a plus run-blocker... the arguments otherwise were just mud-slinging. I get it... everyone want their boy and will trash other players to try and get their point across. I'm with Beach, Fuaga @#11. Dreams of Fuaga + Alt are just dreams. Fresh draft takes are always welcome.
          I said Jer'Zahn is "elite".
          You said Edgerrin is "rare".
          I always laugh when different pundits,
          grinding the same game videos, come to opposite conclusions
          eg "this guy is a strong tackler" vs "this guy cannot tackle."

I am still discovering negative bits on prospects.
          LOL, Nutty.
          wu still cannot make up his mind.
          And yest it's Liar's Week.

Always fun to bust Nutty's chops when he thinks he has it all figured out.
          Wisdom of wu will get you every time.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Because I've seen Trey Pipkins over five seasons.
            But you haven’t seen him with Harbaugh.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I could see it
              1-2 Defense possibly an OT
              3-4 Offensive weapons
              4-5 more of both

I could easily see with a trade down,

11- Laiatu Latu DE UCLA
              23 - Byron Murphy DT TEXAS
              37 - Max Melton CB RUTGERS
              69 - Ja’Lynn Polk WR WASH
              105 - Javon Baker WR UCF
              110 - Cedric Van Pran C GEORGIA
              140 - Cedrick Gray LB UNC
              181 - Cody Schrader - RB MIZZOU
              225 - AJ Barner TE MICHIGAN
              253 - Darius Muasau - LB UCLA

After pick 37, this entire fan base would melt down, but I could easily see that happening.
              Since we kept Joey and Mack, it would be hard to see Latu on the sideline most of the game with Tuli in the rotation. Id guess Edge will not be our first pick....but i suppose anything is possible at this point.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Since we kept Joey and Mack, it would be hard to see Latu on the sideline most of the game with Tuli in the rotation. Id guess Edge will not be our first pick....but i suppose anything is possible at this point.
                How long are they keeping Joey and Mack?
                One year.
                Im just pointing out that the FO might not see the draft the way we see it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

One year.
                  Not the point. There is a draft in 2025 as well. And im sure our FO doesnt see it the way we do ...lol. However, ...Our first rounder wont be on the sideline most the game til Joey gets hurt. That would be a great backup plan if we didnt need so much.
                  I like Latu, dont get me wrong and ive mocked early before when we thought Joey might be traded and Mack released or traded,... but with those two back....i just think Edge is not on the 5 or 11 table.

Im sure ill be wrong often as ive really no idea which direction we go but Edge would be a big surprise for me anyways. For me Bowers makes more sense than a WR at 5 or 11 but we'll see. I wouldnt balk at a OT.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I think your 100% on target that given JH2's investment in J&M for 2023, Edge will not be the first pick and might not be a target until Day3 - but like all guesses, one never knows. They can't have loooooooong term plans for both of them, maybe they want to hedge that high-value position now.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Jack Burton
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2023
                      • Send PM

Not the point. There is a draft in 2025 as well. And im sure our FO doesnt see it the way we do ...lol. However, ...Our first rounder wont be on the sideline most the game til Joey gets hurt. That would be a great backup plan if we didnt need so much.
                      I like Latu, dont get me wrong and ive mocked early before when we thought Joey might be traded and Mack released or traded,... but with those two back....i just think Edge is not on the 5 or 11 table.

Im sure ill be wrong often as ive really no idea which direction we go but Edge would be a big surprise for me anyways. For me Bowers makes more sense than a WR at 5 or 11 but we'll see. I wouldnt balk at a OT.
                      Im in the same boat with you, I just wonder if they see Latu as the option then trade Joey during the draft or mid season.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Lol...Wu in rare form...

Sheesh...nails ONE first round pick, and now there is no living with him...

Ill bet he had a t-shiirt made..."I QUALLED it!"....probably wears that thing EVERYWHERE...

But the board has been cleared, and the pieces reset...Nutty is due...

As the draft unfolds, and humility drags you back down with the rest of us earthlings, will it be a floating descent...or a crash landing...?

OR....does Wu go back to backsies?

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

One year.
                          Agreed. This could be the last year for both Bosa and Mack so drafting Edge would make sense - you can add it to the other positions that make sense: WR, TE, RB, Center, OT, OG, IDL, LB and CB

Comment

Working...
                          X