• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Lol...Wu in rare form...

Sheesh...nails ONE first round pick, and now there is no living with him...

Ill bet he had a t-shiirt made..."I QUALLED it!"....probably wears that thing EVERYWHERE...

But the board has been cleared, and the pieces reset...Nutty is due...

As the draft unfolds, and humility drags you back down with the rest of us earthlings, will it be a floating descent...or a crash landing...?

OR....does Wu go back to backsies?

This is wu's shirt.
    In Charger Blue.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

This is an endless draft, trade and FA process. The team is never perfect. Regards our OL, among others, Hortiz & Harbaugh will know a lot more about them post 2024 season. No one has played for these coaches in this year's system mainly because it never existed in the past. Some components, sure, Team? No.
      I'm way stoked to see how the OL plays after Ben Herbert, G-Ro and assistants get to work with them. They'll be better with no new names but I think Hortiz will take advantage of our draft position to add an OL. My preference would be Zak Frazier. C/G depth.
      This is a great point -- another reason I didn't want JH2 to go crazy in free agency, besides the cap - as those two really don't have a clue what they actually have. Who knows what player will take off in the new system They can watch on tape but to see them in OTAs, with Ben Herbert, through training camp and real games - they will have a much better idea 12 months from now what they want

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

But you haven’t seen him with Harbaugh.
        That doesn't mean I can't be concerned about Trey Pipkins being the starting right tackle.

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

That doesn't mean I can't be concerned about Trey Pipkins being the starting right tackle.
          I know. But that also doesn’t mean Harbaugh is actually concerned about it. Maybe he is. Or maybe he thinks his coaching can make Pipkins better and he’s really concerned about the fact there isn’t a true starting DT or true starting boundary-outside corner or there is a true#1 WR, or there will only be one EDGE after this year and when he compares these positions to RT, they are much more glaringly bad to him. I honestly don’t know. I wish we actually had a real understanding of what the FO really thinks about this roster but they are all new so unless they flat out say it, none of us really know. I wonder if they really think RT is a worse situation than C….

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Why aren't you concerned about both OGs and who our starting C is going to be? You seem to be obsessed about
            Pipkens. But truth is the inside of our Oline was a much bigger problem than Pipkins.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I know. But that also doesn’t mean Harbaugh is actually concerned about it. Maybe he is. Or maybe he thinks his coaching can make Pipkins better and he’s really concerned about the fact there isn’t a true starting DT or true starting boundary-outside corner or there is a true#1 WR, or there will only be one EDGE after this year and when he compares these positions to RT, they are much more glaringly bad to him. I honestly don’t know. I wish we actually had a real understanding of what the FO really thinks about this roster but they are all new so unless they flat out say it, none of us really know. I wonder if they really think RT is a worse situation than C….
              Lol. All I said was I would be concerned about Trey Pipkins at right tackle if the draft fell that way. I have no idea what Harbaugh thinks about Pipkins. Maybe he thinks he's not good enough, but he and Hortiz can't pass on prospects at other positions when their draft picks are up, because those players are so much better than the offensive tackles. If we go through a whole draft without picking a cornerback or running back I will be concerned with that, too. For the rest of my time watching football, I imagine there will be at least one position I'll be concerned about going into a season.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Why aren't you concerned about both OGs and who our starting C is going to be? You seem to be obsessed about
                Pipkens. But truth is the inside of our Oline was a much bigger problem than Pipkins.
                Yeah, I just wonder when the FO puts in order the biggest glaring issues positionally, is RT in the top 5?!?!?
                Admittedly, I don’t think TE is a top 5 issue, but I also don’t think Bowers is your traditional TE.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Who said I wasn't? And how many times does this have to be told to you? Zion and Salyer are going into their third year. They, Zion in particular, probably have a much brighter future on this team with Harbaugh as head coach than Pipkins does heading into his sixth year.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Salyer at RT ?

Comment

• Jack Burton
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2023
                      • Send PM

Lol. All I said was I would be concerned about Trey Pipkins at right tackle if the draft fell that way. I have no idea what Harbaugh thinks about Pipkins. Maybe he thinks he's not good enough, but he and Hortiz can't pass on prospects at other positions when their draft picks are up, because those players are so much better than the offensive tackles. If we go through a whole draft without picking a cornerback or running back I will be concerned with that, too. For the rest of my time watching football, I imagine there will be at least one position I'll be concerned about going into a season.
                      Again, I know. You said you’d be concerned.
                      I made the mock prefacing that FO clearly aren’t concerned about it the way it’s being depicted in the media and by fans. That’s why I made the mock.

But let the record show…..you’d be concerned..

lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Yeah, Bowers will cost MUCH less in his 2nd contract than Nabers ,MHJ or Odunze or any top WR. Look who just got 25 mil a year

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Who said I wasn't? And how many times does this have to be told to you? Zion and Salyer are going into their third year. They, Zion in particular, probably have a much brighter future on this team with Harbaugh as head coach than Pipkins does heading into his sixth year.
                          Pipkins I believe is in his contract year. So whether or not he starts this year is the only concern. He is not going to be with the Chargers for 4-5 more years.
                          But Zion might and that's a concern because we are not a championship team in 2024. But beyond that we hope to be so Zion and Sayler are much bigger
                          concerns for me. Not to mention a starting C, which is also a big key to improving the OG play.

Comment

Working...
                          X