Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Good...didnt see the need...
      Just curious LB.
      Do you see any UFAs or any positions you are keen on, in our current circumstances ?

I would go DB, IDL, IOL.

Duke Manyweather is touting Willis Patrick.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No, Josh Palmer is not better than Tyler Boyd. Only here would you hear people say that.
        I believe Palmer is better than Boyd. Palmer is a legit # 2 who I think is still ascending. You can't say that about Boyd at this point in his career. He is who is as a leveled off # 3.

That said, I do believe Boyd can help this team although I think any available money is better spent on defense.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Just curious LB.
          Do you see any UFAs or any positions you are keen on, in our current circumstances ?

I would go DB, IDL, IOL.

DT Shelby Harris or NT John Jenkins. Both solid run stuffing, rotational guys. One year deal to either.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yeah, don’t need him
            Palmer is better.
            Chark off the table, MVS still a maybe. Hortiz has a reason to look at vet FA WRs. Not sure what but it's a fact.

Maybe they just want the WRs to know nothing is being given. Bust your ass to learn the new playbook and be ready. Blocking required from all O.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Doesn't need to:

Figured he would hold out for more after turning down the hometown Steelers. Just means Simmons will likely cost more as well so doubt we will sign him either.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Just curious LB.

I would go DB, IDL, IOL.

I say stay with the hand we have and play it out...save the money for flexibility in the future, once we identify what isnt going to stick...next season...

But...IF there was a bully to be had at RG...though not sure there is...I would be fine having Salyer and Pip as solid, experienced depth.

Think the dline is ok...for now...again, lets see what/who works...

Gotta lot of young corners...throw em' in the fire, see who emerges with a sharp edge...but as much as I would hate to see Alohi as a second stringer, Simmons would be somebody I actually would pay for...as he would help back a very green secondary...

Overall, though....I say stand pat...save the cash...not only for that future flexibility, but this season too...a camp mishap may cost us a key player or two, who need to be replaced...or their position deepened behind the next man up...just my take.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Also...after a third of the season...we are winning, but have an achilles heel that looks to bite us in the final run or playoffs? A trade opportunity arises...but for a player who isnt cheap...another reason to keep some money in the bank...for now...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hope it helps but it isnt fool proof as it didnt prevent Corum from having a knee injury. Hope it cuts down on hamstring injuries, groin pulls, and ankle sprains. Certainly cant hurt.

Did Michigan play on grass or turf?
                    UM played on grass during the time I lived there (95-2000) but they switched to some type of turf in the early 2000's. B10 overall is a mix - some do/some dont.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Just curious LB.

I would go DB, IDL, IOL.

Didn't duke tout Pipkins? maybe i overstate his endorsement, pleased for any corrections.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I say stay with the hand we have and play it out...save the money for flexibility in the future, once we identify what isnt going to stick...next season...

But...IF there was a bully to be had at RG...though not sure there is...I would be fine having Salyer and Pip as solid, experienced depth.

Think the dline is ok...for now...again, lets see what/who works...

Gotta lot of young corners...throw em' in the fire, see who emerges with a sharp edge...but as much as I would hate to see Alohi as a second stringer, Simmons would be somebody I actually would pay for...as he would help back a very green secondary...

Overall, though....I say stand pat...save the cash...not only for that future flexibility, but this season too...a camp mishap may cost us a key player or two, who need to be replaced...or their position deepened behind the next man up...just my take.
                        IDL and FS is where I'd add, if I were to add. Think we have a good team on paper today though. Simmons > Alohi, he upgrades the starting D and creates depth insurance. Didn't see much uplift to roster for Boyd, like most here. Just another receiver in a crowded room

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Asking for a friend...
                          hard pass

Comment

Working...
                          X