• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post
    I'm curious how many of the draft Alt or Latham or Fuaga folks were in the draft Trevor Penning camp in 2022?

I'm assuming most won't own up to it about how wrong they were as he is flat out horrible. I could imagine it's the same crowd that doesn't like Pipkins now was calling for Penning then?
    Probably the same amount of those who want Nabers were in the draft John Ross camp in 2017.

Nabers is as much the same prospect as Ross as Alt and the other offensive tackles are Trevor Penning.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2024
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Probably the same amount of those who want Nabers were in the draft John Ross camp in 2017.

Nabers is as much the same prospect as Ross as Alt and the other offensive tackles are Trevor Penning.
      This actually is not a close comparison.
      Comparing Alt who is a BlueChip LT to Penning who was not isn't a fair comparison. Likewise, Nabers/Odunze are an Elite Blue-Chip WR1's and Ross was a speed merchant more comparable to Xavier Worthy.

I mentioned Alt moreso because the willingness to throw the cap out the window in an emotional desperate attempt to be rid of Pipkins.
      The other two are less than guaranteed to be immediate upgrades over Pipkins. It's desperation to say they both would actually start over him from day one as a guarantee. One, the team isn't that high on and the other might be better suited to play Guard at the NFL Level. Some teams see guard because of his run blocking and others feel he will grow into tackle eventually.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Comparing Alt who is a BlueChip LT to Penning who was not isn't a fair comparison. Likewise, Nabers/Odunze are an Elite Blue-Chip WR1's and Ross was a speed merchant more comparable to Xavier Worthy.

I mentioned Alt moreso because the willingness to throw the cap out the window in an emotional desperate attempt to be rid of Pipkins.
        The other two are less than guaranteed to be immediate upgrades over Pipkins. It's desperation to say they both would actually start over him from day one as a guarantee. One, the team isn't that high on and the other might be better suited to play Guard at the NFL Level. Some teams see guard because of his run blocking and others feel he will grow into tackle eventually.
        No offense to you, but I think none of them is a good comparison. At least you're not comparing Alt to Mike McGlinchey, or Latham to D.J. Fluker, though. Lol.

Three more days....

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Well, I've paid attention.
          Guess who doesn't care about 40-yard dash times...? Especially for OL. Remember Orlando Brown's 40...? LOL!

So, reaching 'landmarks' has everything to do with foot speed (Pumpkins being slow of foot), but nothing to do with 40 time?
          You mean fat, lumbering Orlando Brown meets your requirements for getting to his landmarks?

You are so wrapped up Boltnut in a crescendo of anti Pip hysteria, that you've left behind any semblance of objective analysis.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Here's a guy who pays attention... Geoff Schwartz on Taliese Fuaga.
            It ain't sexy... it's necessary, though.

Taliese Fuaga is an ass kicker and a top prospect from the OL position. His film at Oregon State is full of him moving defenders against their will.He's got ...
            But this guy runs like Pip, how can he get to the old landmarks?
            If you are late to your landmarks, its irrelevant whether you can kick the guys ass, he won't be there.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I'm curious how many of the draft Alt or Latham or Fuaga folks were in the draft Trevor Penning camp in 2022?

I'm assuming most won't own up to it about how wrong they were as he is flat out horrible. I could imagine it's the same crowd that doesn't like Pipkins now was calling for Penning then?
              The band wagon leader for Trevor Penning is currently on the outside looking in.
              I think we all know who that was.

Penning was my whipping boy that draft season. Yeah, some here loved the guy, but none better than you know who.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The band wagon leader for Trevor Penning is currently on the outside looking in.

Penning was my whipping boy that draft season. Yeah, some here loved the guy, but none better than you know who.
                Yeah we know. Was he right about anyone or how to run a offense? He wanted to pass every play. Running was a wasted play 🥴
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-22-2024, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Penning was the anti-Alt, raw and without a clue on how to play the position.

He sure could out race and out bench press Alt .... more of a specimen.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Penning hasn't been good to this point, however either has Zion Johnson who was considered by some as a 2nd round prospect and many fans loved the pick! I guess looking back we should of drafted OG Tyler Smith whom Dallas drafted 7 picks after the Chargers picked Johnson and TT bypassed!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

i kinda miss chainy

i guess i like punishment, I am a Chargers fan

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

As long as Alt is not another Robert Gallery... How was his bench press?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Here's a guy who pays attention... Geoff Schwartz on Taliese Fuaga.
                          It ain't sexy... it's necessary, though.

Taliese Fuaga is an ass kicker and a top prospect from the OL position. His film at Oregon State is full of him moving defenders against their will.He's got ...
                          More than one pundit talks about a technique problem with the outside hand in pass pro.
                          Very coachable.
                          And that is it for the negatives on Fuaga.
                          Posters are way off track on this guy.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X