• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

He also led the FBS with more runs of 10 yards and had 94 tackles broken.
    I think he’ll be fine
    I'm not crapping on him. Just not sold.

Those things are great but he also played at a small school and weaker conference and led the nation in carries with 297.

​​His highlights videos are 15, maybe 20 of those 297 carries. It's why I try to watch vs videos over highlights, if available.
    By far his best season. Last season his YPC was under 5
    I hope for the best and that they made a good choice. I'm Just RB,..... late draft pick shy since Telesco couldn't find a good one to save his ass..unless a scout tells him about a UDFA he can bring in with nothing to lose lol.

​​​​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The number of carries doesn't concern me as much for an RB drafted in the 6th round who projects to be a depth RB in the NFL.

Spending a 3rd round pick on an RB with that many college carries, and with Corum's college injury, is risky IMO, because an RB you draft in the 3rd round you want to make your feature back.

What is Vidal's college injury history? He had 297 carries for 1661 yds as a senior in 2023, for a 5.6 ypc average and 14 rushing TDs. He also had 18 receptions for 201 yds and 1 TD. He's definitely been a workhorse back in college, but he won't get that many carries with the Chargers. He'll be #3 on the depth chart.
      I don't know his injury history. Didn't do any digging other than watch some tape on him.
      Agree, he will be 3...maybe 4 on the depth chart. Probably won't play much unless Dobbins gets hurt again.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Those things are great but he also played at a small school and weaker conference and led the nation in carries with 297.

​​​​His highlights videos are 15, maybe 20 of those 297 carries. It's why I try to watch vs videos over highlights, if available.
        I hope for the nest and that they made a good choice. Just RB, late draft pick shy since Telesco couldn't find a good one to save his ass..unless a scout tells him about a UDFA lol.

​​​​​
        Im geeked up cause I wanted him the whole time, but I really think he’s actually one of the most rookie ready players they drafted. Those carries with relatively no injuries is good experience and he’ll make our run game go.
        Especially in the 2nd half of games. If he can come in and put games away cause he’s fresh and the other RBs have broken down the opposing teams all game, this kid is going to thrive.

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

I don't know his injury history. Didn't do any digging other than watch some tape on him.
          Agree, he will be 3...maybe 4 on the depth chart. Probably won't play much unless Dobbins gets hurt again.
          He has no significant injuries.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            I don't think H&H intended to draft WRs back to back in the 7th round. But at that point, they were taking the best player available. And there were Brenden Rice and Cornelius Johnson sitting there in the 7th. Rice had a 4th round grade. He was too good of a player not to draft there. Then in their final pick there at the bottom of the round was one of Harbaugh's Michigan players who had a 5th rnd grade. It didn't matter that it was another WR, they don't care if they get criticized. He was BPA and Harbaugh knows his value, his skill level. This class just happened to be loaded at WR and good WR talent got pushed down the draft as a result. And H&H didn't shy away from taking advantage.

Another thing taking three WRs does is send a message to QJ that they don't care that he was a 1st round draft pick the year before, they didn't draft him and they aren't going to cut him any slack just because of where he was drafted, if the doesn't shape up this season they won't hesitate to ship him out of town. I think they saw a concerted lack of effort by QJ last season - I definitely saw it. IMO, if QJ doesn't show marked improvement by mid-season they could cut their losses and ship him to a WR needy team at the trade deadline.
            If Rice works out, we got a steal.

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

If Rice works out, we got a steal.
              I think they got a couple steals, myself.
              It’s so refreshing watching a real GM and a real scouting staff put together a draft.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                think the O is pretty close to finished, @least relatively speaking.... think Zach Heins makes the 53, and Stone Smartt goes to the ps.

thinkin' Duggan, Dotson, Fehoko, Sarell, and Cornelius Johnson all go to/end up on the ps as well ??

wondering if Tyler McClellan might find a spot on the roster @guard, and that Jamaree goes to swing tackle, w/Pips getting moved for a draft pick as a June 1st cut ??

does McFadden win the starting RG spot ?? Jaimes stays on as our backup OC??

I think by now Jim and Joe have basically been telling us what the plan is on O-line, and there's been no bullshit to date, they like pipkins as one of our top five which means he's playing RG, that means Salyer on the fucking bench, they will keep Slater at LT, they will play Alt at RT, and they like McFadden as a center prospect so that could mean a couple of different things, either McFadden is given a chance to beat Bozeman out or he is the primary back up at Center

Slater--Zion--Bozeman--Pipkins--Alt is your starting group...McFadden, Sarrell, Salyer, and Jaimes are the backups as things sit right now but the UDRFA guys might have some say in the matter this summer and also they could still add 1-2 veteran backups in the coming weeks...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Popper asked Joe H about Eboigbe and his neck fusion surgery he had at some point . and they still picked him.

I'd think that would be a biggy but they feel good about it. I'd think that would be a hinderance in this game.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                    RB Kimani Vidal gained 1056 yds after 1st contact.
                    I think that was the best in the NCAA by a wide margin

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

​His highlights videos are 15, maybe 20 of those 297 carries. It's why I try to watch vs videos over highlights, if available.
                      I hope for the best and that they made a good choice. I'm Just RB,..... late draft pick shy since Telesco couldn't find a good one to save his ass..unless a scout tells him about a UDFA he can bring in with nothing to lose lol.

​​​​​
                      I don't like when people crap on small school players because of the competition he faced wasn't SEC level D, but people forget is his O help wasn't SEC level O to block for him either, it's a wash.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

I for one can't wait for Ben Herbert to get his hands on these draft picks and make them even bigger, stronger, faster more durable, imagine a bigger Alt, etc.

I feel like Ladd could of been a 1st rounder, Junior a 2nd rounder, Rice a 3rd rounder and now they are only going to get even better with Herbert making them men.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

I thought this was a really telling comparison between old and new for us. NFL.com gave us an A- while giving the Raiders a B-. But when you break it down by day you can see what we dealt with for years here. Joe went day 1, 2, 3 as a B+, A- and the day 3 was an A. Tom, who we are used to, went A, B and then a day 3 C, Just the way we always knew it to happen. It's easy when a Bowers falls into your lap, but after that, when the true mettle of an evaluator begins to get tested, TT crashes. Thank God we no longer have that problem and I really thank God that Tom took his show to the Raiders!!!!

Grade
                          A-
                          Los Angeles Chargers
                          Draft picks

Day 1 grade: B+

Day 2 grade: A-

Day 3 grade: A

Analysis: Alt will doubtlessly be a good offensive tackle for the next decade or more, but Chargers fans will keep one eye on receiver Malik Nabers, who went sixth overall to the Giants, to see if he would have been a better pick. McConkey could quiet any such concerns with his quickness and excellent routes if able to stay health. Head coach Jim Harbaugh found a leader on defense in Colson, who played that role for Harbaugh at Michigan.

Eboigbe fits as a rotational defensive lineman who gives full effort on each play. Hart and Still fulfill the team's need at corner for good value, and Rice (son of Hall of Famer Jerry Rice) and Johnson were needed for a thin receiver room. Vidal is a low-center-of-gravity back who could take over for departed veteran Austin Ekeler if veteran JK Dobbins is not ready to go following last year's torn Achilles.

Grade
                          B-
                          Las Vegas Raiders
                          Draft picks

Day 1 grade: A

Day 2 grade: B

Day 3 grade: C

Analysis: Bowers was too strong a value to ignore and will be a nice third-down and red-zone option for whomever is quarterbacking the squad over the next decade. Powers-Johnson was also a good find in the mid-second at a position of need. Glaze will need to show he was picked at the right time by eventually earning a starting spot.

Richardson is exactly the kind of NFL-sized, physical corner the Raiders required. Eichenberg will be a reliable inside player for many years. Laube was a nice pick in the sixth round who will get carries off the bench and be a special teams ace. No quarterback was selected to enter the competition between Aidan O'Connell and Gardner Minshew, so that position should be their top priority in rookie free agency.
                          ​
                          ​

Comment

Working...
                          X