• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    I still think we are a guard or 2 in FA after May, along with a DT and CB, maybe even a TE. JH3 doesn’t seem to be the guy that is ever satisfied with the roster and always looking to add. Opposed to TT who got to a point and said I am done with the roster and packed it in until injuries or next offseason.

Big difference between the two, can’t wait to see the Raiders fully TT’d in the next year or 2.
    I know they are UDFA's but keep an eye on Harper and Dent. They have a good chance of making the team. I really like McLellan as well
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Ironically our new old fashioned offense with archaic concepts will be less predictable, less susceptible to injuries, and more user friendly for our QB...people are worried about two minute offense prowess, but that's were our new defense comes into play and besides we still have Justin Fucking Herbert, he's already shown that he can elevate the team when he has to...

so we won't have anymore mother fuggers getting over 100 catches in a season, boo hoo for the stat boys I guess...
      Cannot explain it any better!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I don't like when people crap on small school players because of the competition he faced wasn't SEC level D, but people forget is his O help wasn't SEC level O to block for him either, it's a wash.
        Sorry for being a skeptic. But hey, im used to later round RB busts from the last guy, and has nothing to do with his OL being a wash. He may be just a better player above than his competition.
        Like Quinn Meinerz, when he was pancaking every defensive player he got near and he looked like he was going against high schoolers.

In anycase, ill totally root for him to succeed but im a skeptic of small school players coming from A ball to the Majors.

Im sure the Raiders like Telescos 6th round pick of RB Dylan Laube who went to New Hampshire. He was the first player drafted from there since 2013 and 14th total. But i wouldnt have drafted him at all, and certainly not round 6. Taking chances is round 7.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-28-2024, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
          I still think we are a guard or 2 in FA after May, along with a DT and CB, maybe even a TE. JH3 doesn’t seem to be the guy that is ever satisfied with the roster and always looking to add. Opposed to TT who got to a point and said I am done with the roster and packed it in until injuries or next offseason.

Big difference between the two, can’t wait to see the Raiders fully TT’d in the next year or 2.
          Whethers it May, just before training camp or Labor Day
          agreed that Hortiz is not done filling out the roster.

Chargers should have 8-10m of net cap space still to spend -- that is accounting for the final 53, paying a practice squad and in-season injury fund.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Wonder if we are finished with FA, until camp comes around, and somebody goes down...

Fine by me...save that cash...gotta pay Slater soon...and if Harbaugh and Minter bring out the Joey Bosa we all want to see...extension?
            If Joey plays well this year he'll demand extreme $$$'s for his next contract . . . . . . . . IMO H&H hope he balls out this year and someone (else) gives him that $$$ and we get a high comp pick . . . . . . . . we've now seen what Hortiz can do with them.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

It will be quite interesting how Herbert chooses to distribute the football now.

I am guessing he gets more comfortable with Palmer at the start.

Given better protection, McConkey and his separation will be there.

QJ is allegedly greatly improved.

DD and the new duo are gonna get after it.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Let’s not forget about Hurst as well. Dissly has some good hands when called upon and they still have Parham.

I think Herbert is going to have Palmer and McConkey as his favorite targets this year. QJ will get his but won’t be relied on so much like last year. Like I said in another post, I would consider a 700+ and 6 TD year for QJ and good year.

I also think they go with 4 RBs and 1 FB this year. All of them will get some carries.

They are going to try and get the most out of Dobbins to get a comp pick. They are also going to want and get enough out of Spiller to see if he if he can be the number 2 RB in 2025 and let him walk in 2026 to get another comp pick.

A lot of people are down on Spiller, but I have some hope for him because the last 2 years he has been here, no RB has had success in the offense. I feel like the new offense will fit more his style.

It is nice to see them draft some speed

McConkey 4.39
                Vidal 4.46
                Johnson 4.44

Not the mention DD 4.36 as well.
                yes, Herbert is not lacking for weapons anymore, they have given him enough for this year and there are still some decent veteran WRs out there as well in case they wanted to beef up the receiving threat further...I have the upmost confidence that Herbert will get the most out of this new group of guys, an now he's the man, he's the senior member of that offense alongside Parham, no longer is he beholden to any player or group of players, herbert is the man now...it's his offense now, I like that and that's the way it should be...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

When will they announce the new jersey numbers? Trying to get a mental visual.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I know they are UDFA's but keep an eye on Harper and Dent. They have a good chance of making the team. I really like McLellan as well
                    Dent was a guy that I mocked in the late round several times. Getting him as an UDFA was a really good/fortunate move.
                    He's a versatile defender... lining up against a variety of different player-types and a variety of positions on the field.
                    Sound understanding of zone roles and a sound tackler.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Pipkens has no experience @RG. We saw how that played out last year with Salyer @RG. I believe that both Pipkins and Salyer will be given their chances @RG and swing tackle. But I am excited to see UDFA Karsen Barnhart (Michigan) at those same positions this summer. He played RT, LT, and RG for Jim @Michigan.

IMO, Jaimes and McFadden will compete for the backup OC/OG position. Pipkins, Salyer, and Barnhart will compete for the OG/OT backup position. For once, I am excited about what's happening along the OL.
                      I'm looking forward to seeing what Zion and Salyer do with Harbaugh and his staff. Maybe Pipkins will surprise us, but I think Harbaugh said what did about Pipkins being one of the top five linemen to pump up Zion and Salyer, both of whom he hasn't said much about (I actually don't remember hearing him say anything about them).

Whatever the case may be, we have our situation at tackle figured out. Let the competition begin on the inside.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        (speaking in Bill Belichick voice)

BTW BB is awesome in his media role @ Pat McAfee Show.

It's entirely different than his HC pressers.

The guy is getting out more often.
                        Imagine he is trying improve his reputation so he get back into the NFL as a head coach next season. As much as I have disliked Belichick over the years, I don't agree with what Kraft, Brady, and a few others did in the docuseries. People forget what Brady was like when he first became a starting quarterback in New England. That defense carried him. Prior to the Super Bowl wins Kraft didn't exactly have a great reputation, either, after Parcells left the Patriots to coach the Jets.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Imagine he is trying improve his reputation so he get back into the NFL as a head coach next season. As much as I have disliked Belichick over the years, I don't agree with what Kraft, Brady, and a few others did in the docuseries. People forget what Brady was like when he first became a starting quarterback in New England. That defense carried him. Prior to the Super Bowl wins Kraft didn't exactly have a great reputation, either, after Parcells left the Patriots to coach the Jets.
                          It is obviously that the man has football takes that are "sharp" in both tone and substance.

No "Sensies" are allowed.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X