• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

There definitely are still some decent veteran safeties left in FA. I wouldn't mind one of them on a one year deal. Anything would be safer and more reliable than JT Woods or UDFA

As far as Simmons, not a stretch to say he has been a better player than Derwin the last few years. Aside from the fact that Derwin really wasnt very good last year, he is not being named an all pro each year. Derwin made one pro bowl I believe 2 years ago other than his rookie season. Derwin has ability and hopefully he rocks under Minter, but the last few years he falls under the category of over rated players based on actual on field performance.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Because we have zero safety depth behind Derwin and Alohi. What if one gets injured? Plus you can design some interesting packages freeing up Derwin.
      So...jump back into cap hell for a THIRD starter at safety...no thanks. Sign depth pieces as needed, if you dont like Finley or Woods...you know...our zero depth guys...

Now...maybe he would sign an affordable, short term deal...but I doubt it...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So...jump back into cap hell for a THIRD starter at safety...no thanks. Sign depth pieces as needed, if you dont like Finley or Woods...you know...our zero depth guys...

JT Woods would definitely qualify as "zero depth guy" given that he doesn't like to tackle and isn't very good at football. What 3 years in and they cant even put him on the field?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Has anybody ever seen a Chargers cycling jersey? I'm getting ready to buy a new one in blue and yellow, made me wonder if the Chargers actually have one in their merch.

71G5e78I-LL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

Simmons would play with James, would I put him instead of Gilman, in a heartbeat. They all can get in a bring James down as the weak side lb.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

If Justin Simmons were getting a multi-year, big money deal, in all likelihood, it would have happened six weeks ago

The NFL has valued safetys like running backs. I think if he gets one year, at $8m, including incentives, that will be a solid deal at this point for Simmons

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

He is 30 yes, but he can still play given he has been a second team ALL PRO the last 3 seasons. Cant believe he is still out there.
                He is picking his spot.

And...strictly cash homie !
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                  Simmons would play with James, would I put him instead of Gilman, in a heartbeat. They all can get in a bring James down as the weak side lb.
                  Gilman took a step last year and had his first real good season, but he is not Justin Simmons.

I get there is a cap structure and Simmons may want too much, but on the right terms I would add him to the mix for sure.

This is a new regime. Competitors welcome.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Has anybody ever seen a Chargers cycling jersey? I'm getting ready to buy a new one in blue and yellow, made me wonder if the Chargers actually have one in their merch.

71G5e78I-LL._AC_SX679_.jpg
                    I saw those ridikerous Charger lounging pajamas the other day.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I saw those ridikerous Charger lounging pajamas the other day.
                      I did find Chargers cycling kit, but I think I'd look ridiculous, and I don't wear bib shorts.

The Chargers - Men's Cycling Kit is a super awesome bike jersey and bib shorts made by Global Cycling Gear, extra comfortable and breathable

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Gilman took a step last year and had his first real good season, but he is not Justin Simmons.

I get there is a cap structure and Simmons may want too much, but on the right terms I would add him to the mix for sure.

This is a new regime. Competitors welcome.
                        I don’t think they gave Gilman a new contract just to take his starting job away immediately. It’ll probably be someone with a smaller profile. Though there’s a chance they’ll be happy with Wood/Finley/Dent as depth.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

He is picking his spot.

And...strictly cash homie !
                          Either cash or a chance to win. But how much is he really going to get now. He might take a deal that allows him to play for a supposed contender. Eagles and Texans were thought of as options. Eagles drafted Mitchell and Cooper DeJean. maybe they spend on safety, probably nto

Again, not going to break the bank for him looking at the Chargers cap . But he is a good player. Really good.

Comment

Working...
                          X