• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

I think Hortiz is going to pick up a free agent to add to 53 man roster sooner or later. But whoever that is would be depth unless a starter went to IR. I don't see any UFA taking anyone's job away. Seem like a defense free agent makes more sense to add. Or maybe an OL for depth.

I think Pip is out of a job.
    QJ has talent and likely steps up as WR1.
    Palmer has competition for his job as WR2a. Even if he keeps it, he is sharing snaps with McConkey WR2b/SlotWR1.
    ​​
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

No extension but they exercised 5th year option
      The sooner, the cheaper on anything beyond '25.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

This O line is going to be a freaking freight train.
        These guys are going to be running around like gorillas on crack.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Post Draft Prediction
          Joe Alt - 2nd Team All Pro RT as a rookie.
          ​​​​​​
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            I think if they are liking Hart as FS, then would expect another CB signing.
            so many big name safeties out there on the street and I don't see any of them getting the type of money that they want...yeah, Simmons would be a starter if they signed him and as of right now we have our starting safeties for 2024...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Still looks like good value for round 5...now, hopefully Minter and crew help him lose his launching and whiffing:

image.png
              Still looks like the most obvious reach of the our draft, I'm going to trust that Hortiz knows his own back yard better than anyone and I heard rumors that one of our new coaches wanted him bad...Still's biggest draw from what I can tell is that if he pans out as a viable depth piece, his being on the roster saves the team a roster spot as he can play STs, and fill in at two possibly three positions in the secondary...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Still looks like the most obvious reach of the our draft, I'm going to trust that Hortiz knows his own back yard better than anyone and I heard rumors that one of our new coaches wanted him bad...Still's biggest draw from what I can tell is that if he pans out as a viable depth piece, his being on the roster saves the team a roster spot as he can play STs, and fill in at two possibly three positions in the secondary...
                Not sure I buy that part about tackling, seen him wrap up plenty just fine. He’s got a ton of dog in him, aggressive as hell, that may be what they’re talking about, somehow. Maybe needs to play more controlled? Whatever, I love the pick, welcome addition to our secondary, all dogs allowed lol.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...we have a huge hole at FREE SAFETY...unless you all are good to roll with JT (Launchwhiffy Jr.) Woods...I have heard that the Bolts may try Hart out at FS, but who knows? I'd rather sign a vet FA if possible. If we can sign Simmons to a one-year deal at $6 mil with some incentives, if we have room, I would do that deal...remember, Derwin and Gilman are mainly STRONG safeties, though Derwin can play FS, and has done so at times...if we go with single high, Simmons would be the man...if we go with split deep safeties, imagine Derwin and Simmons...now THAT'S the DREAM TEAM at defensive back...
                  Another reason I keep pushing Simmons is when I looked at the list I posted - of available DBs (either CB or S) - for me, he is the best pure football player on the list. Now, I get it - he will probably also cost the most. And second, would signing a PURE CB (Gilmore or Witherspon) even if a lesser football player be better than Simmons. If that is the argument, thats fine, I get it. Don't want a mismatched player just to sign Simmons. Thats not smart either

And your point about Simmons being a true FS is another thing that goes in his column

The Chargers should have somewhere between 8 and 10m of pure cap space AFTER paying rookies, and allocating for the in-season costs -- Simmons would eat a good chunk of that. But they could do it

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Not sure I buy that part about tackling, seen him wrap up plenty just fine. He’s got a ton of dog in him, aggressive as hell, that may be what they’re talking about, somehow. Maybe needs to play more controlled? Whatever, I love the pick, welcome addition to our secondary, all dogs allowed lol.
                    Yep...in that same draft profile of Still, they also have him highly rated in run support...so I think this is another point in his favor...if he does have an occasional whiff, it must not be too bad...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I love Greg Roman’s philosophy of getting the running game going. But I hope he recognizes who he has at QB too. We could truly have a running game to set a up a killer passing game here.
                      they drafted 3 WRs ... I think they know
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        I think Hortiz is going to pick up a free agent to add to 53 man roster sooner or later. But whoever that is would be depth unless a starter went to IR. I don't see any UFA taking anyone's job away. Seem like a defense free agent makes more sense to add. Or maybe an OL for depth.

I think Pip is out of a job.
                        QJ has talent and likely steps up as WR1.
                        Palmer has competition for his job as WR2a. Even if he keeps it, he is sharing snaps with McConkey WR2b/SlotWR1.
                        Pip is not our starting RT. But he remains the best swing backup tackle on the roster. Guys have clamored for depth for a decade, we have it at OT today and folks want to trade it away and leave us one ankle twist away from Sarrell? for a Rd6 future pick? hmmm...I'm gonna say thats pound-foolish.

Argue Polar Bear GIF by Pudgy Penguins
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Another reason I keep pushing Simmons is when I looked at the list I posted - of available DBs (either CB or S) - for me, he is the best pure football player on the list. Now, I get it - he will probably also cost the most. And second, would signing a PURE CB (Gilmore or Witherspon) even if a lesser football player be better than Simmons. If that is the argument, thats fine, I get it. Don't want a mismatched player just to sign Simmons. Thats not smart either

And your point about Simmons being a true FS is another thing that goes in his column

The Chargers should have somewhere between 8 and 10m of pure cap space AFTER paying rookies, and allocating for the in-season costs -- Simmons would eat a good chunk of that. But they could do it
                          I think thats a dream.. If he will cost 6 mil with that much space left, there is no way we are going into the season before it even starts with only 2 to 4 million for in season injuries, ....and im thinking we will add more than one guy before the season starts. They arent going to blow their wad on a FS. Have you looked at what they paid the guys they did sign? Not one close to 6 mil.

They only way this happens is IF they plan to release or trade Pipkins after June 1st....and it dont sound like it.

Comment

Working...
                          X