• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Not many things I'm pessimistic about, especially this time of year but put me in the following categories:

1. Pip is no NFL guard. I don't think Ben Herbert is so much an upgrade over other NFL S&C that Pip is suddenly going to be strong enough to hand fight iDL. Athleticism has never been an issue for him, he just gets overpowered, by smaller guys. Good luck with bigger 3techs.

2. I'm hopeful about Q because I think he's talented, but I don't think he's a Harbaugh guy. He's soft like Pao Gasol, maybe Herbert is Kobe enough to bail him out. But my sense is that Q never becomes physical enough to see a second contract from Joe.

3. JK Dobbins will not stay healthy. I don't want to stir up the same ol drama but I'll say this for the final time, Vegans don't suddenly healthy. So unless he is having steak and milk dinners with Jim and staying for seconds during victory-brisket mondays, I expect him to break again.

Stock down on Pip, Q and JK Dobbins.
    No one is hoping I'm wrong more than me.
    But I fully expect the following

Gus Bus being our RB1
    Pip to be swing tackle
    And Q to get less and less snaps as the season goes on.
    Last edited by 21&500; 05-03-2024, 09:52 PM.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Because on labor day when the sesason starts - it all counts
      1) meaning its not the top 51, its the actual top 53 player roster
      2) its injured reserve dollars
      3) its practice squad

So yes, today, its just top 51 - but come Labor Day, they will need to account for all the rest. It is why Popper has an extra $8-10m sitting there because at that time, they will need that money as they are going to sign players to the practice squad and players will get hurt

Just a note - the PS is now up to 16 players and if you are a 5+ year veteran, you get like $300k on the PS. I have no idea why the NFLPA and the Owners don't just increase the roster from 53 to 61, cut the PS in half - and have 55 eligibile on game days. That way, you don't have to worry about players passing through waivers and all that nonsense. The practice squad can truly be, for players you want around the building
      You have no idea? come on you have some idea, why pay 8 more guys minimum when you can get them at 60% discount on the practice squad? I mean it literally comes down to that, who gives a fuck if you have to play guys with head injuries due to roster shortages on Sunday as long as the perception is that you give a fuck, bring a Walmart tent into the sideline keep the guy in there for a few minutes and then people think you did something, LOL!!!

with the added gambling profits I think these assholes are finally open to spending a few more million a season to add some roster spots, I think they are working on it now and not because they give a shit about the players but because they understand that the perception will catch up with their cheap assess, we're not the only fans wondering why rosters aren't bigger with more active players to give teams flexibility with injuries on Sundays...

they want to keep adding games without increasing the rosters, LOL...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Not many things I'm pessimistic about, especially this time of year but put me in the following categories:

1. Pip is no NFL guard. I don't think Ben Herbert is so much an upgrade over other NFL S&C that Pip is suddenly going to be strong enough to hand fight iDL. Athleticism has never been an issue for him, he just gets overpowered, by smaller guys. Good luck with bigger 3techs.

2. I'm hopeful about Q because I think he's talented, but I don't think he's a Harbaugh guy. He's soft like Pao Gasol, maybe Herbert is Kobe enough to bail him out. But my sense is that Q never becomes physical enough to see a second contract from Joe.

3. JK Dobbins will not stay healthy. I don't want to stir up the same ol drama but I'll say this for the final time, Vegans don't suddenly healthy. So unless he is having steak and milk dinners with Jim and staying for seconds during victory-brisket mondays, I expect him to break again.

Stock down on Pip, Q and JK Dobbins.
        No one is hoping I'm wrong more than me.
        But I fully expect the following

Gus Bus being our RB1
        Pip to be swing tackle
        And Q to get less and less snaps as the season goes on.
        IMO, Pip is probably the swing tackle... and they'll see if Salyer is an actual NFL guard during training camp.
        They brought in 2 RG's as UDFA's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Karson Barnhart (Michigan) win the starting RG spot.
        Starting: Slater, Zion, Bozeman, Barnhart, Alt
        Depth: Salyer, Pipkins, McFadden.

QJ was criminally mis-used last year. Running precise patterns...? Expecting him to gain separation through pattern running...? WTF were they thinking? They should be fired! Oh yeah... they were. Can we all just relax and see how the new coaching staff uses him...? I know that not getting Nabers or Bowers really threw some for a loop...

There is 0% chance of predicting whether Dobbins stays healthy this year. If he's in there, then Edwards/Dobbins is a rotation that will punish people. I'm ready to punish people. Kimani Vidal was a nice pick-up. And we have zero idea how good/bad Spiller is... let's see what he does behind a real OL. We know he's not very good when he gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, Pip is probably the swing tackle... and they'll see if Salyer is an actual NFL guard during training camp.
          They brought in 2 RG's as UDFA's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Karson Barnhart (Michigan) win the starting RG spot.

QJ was criminally mis-used last year. Running precise patterns...? Expecting him to gain separation through pattern running...? WTF were they thinking? They should be fired! Oh yeah... they were. Can we all just relax and see how the new coaching staff uses him...? I know that not getting Nabers or Bowers really threw some for a loop...

There is 0% chance of predicting whether Dobbins stays healthy this year. If he's in there, then Edwards/Dobbins is a rotation that will punish people. I'm ready to punish people. Kimani Vidal was a nice pick-up. And we have zero idea how good/bad Spiller is... let's see what he does behind a real OL. We know he's not very good when he gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS.
          Yeah, I agree worst case Pip is a swing tackle which is not a bad thing. This team needs a solid swing tackle badly. Also, Harbaugh has lined up 6 oline in the past so Pip will get used alot.

I've been screaming that QJ was horribly mis-used last year. Even with the new draft picks and FA's, I still think he will have a breakout year.

IMHO, Vidal will be the starter by the end of the year and there will be no looking back. They guy is a natural runner who knows how to find the holes. He is smallish (height wise) and will get lost behind these big olinemen. I can't wait to see him run.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

Well let’s watch the first game before crowning them as good players. On paper yes, on field , not so fast.
            Nobody wants to buy your paper with a headline “we won’t make a prediction until after they’ve already played”

Bold, brash, emphatic predictions are a must or The Machine’s (capital T, M) algorithm will systematically choke off your posts’ visibility and reach and you will simply disappear from existence without anyone ever noticing.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Yeah, I agree worst case Pip is a swing tackle which is not a bad thing. This team needs a solid swing tackle badly. Also, Harbaugh has lined up 6 oline in the past so Pip will get used alot.

I've been screaming that QJ was horribly mis-used last year. Even with the new draft picks and FA's, I still think he will have a breakout year.

IMHO, Vidal will be the starter by the end of the year and there will be no looking back. They guy is a natural runner who knows how to find the holes. He is smallish (height wise) and will get lost behind these big olinemen. I can't wait to see him run.
              Yep, having Pipkins and Salyer as depth is a good thing.
              I think Dissly is our 6th OL. On true 3rd-and-short situations, imagine the 5 OL, Dissly @TE, Gus @RB, and Ben Mason @FB.

Looking forward to seeing what Vidal can do behind this OL. There is nothing finesse about our Chargers anymore.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

Well lets watch the first game before crowning them as good players. On paper yes, on field , not so fast.
                sgree.... but what i really meant is this admistration will nott keep players who do not.... if you cannot block or tackle or are not willing to Harbaugh will get rid of you.... unlike the soft team we have seen for years...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Yep, having Pipkins and Salyer as depth is a good thing.
                  I think Dissly is our 6th OL. On true 3rd-and-short situations, imagine the 5 OL, Dissly @TE, Gus @RB, and Ben Mason @FB.

Looking forward to seeing what Vidal can do behind this OL. There is nothing finesse about our Chargers anymore.
                  Imagine 5 starting OL, Pipkins @TE1, Dissley @H-Back, Mason @FB, Gus the Bus driving - thats a freight train a’comin …
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

You have no idea? come on you have some idea, why pay 8 more guys minimum when you can get them at 60% discount on the practice squad? I mean it literally comes down to that, who gives a fuck if you have to play guys with head injuries due to roster shortages on Sunday as long as the perception is that you give a fuck, bring a Walmart tent into the sideline keep the guy in there for a few minutes and then people think you did something, LOL!!!

with the added gambling profits I think these assholes are finally open to spending a few more million a season to add some roster spots, I think they are working on it now and not because they give a shit about the players but because they understand that the perception will catch up with their cheap assess, we're not the only fans wondering why rosters aren't bigger with more active players to give teams flexibility with injuries on Sundays...

they want to keep adding games without increasing the rosters, LOL...
                    The rule I really want changed is to allow all 53 people on the roster to be active for every game, along with an expanded IR.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The rule I really want changed is to allow all 53 people on the roster to be active for every game, along with an expanded IR.
                      That would be great but you know, i dont recall who said it....but somebody said "not every team is actually trying to win"..., which i find unfathomable. If my team was one of those owners....id immediately stop rooting for them. Our owner just needed to learn how to hire a winner and it took him too fucking long to learn that....even though he witnessed Marty doing it.

So my point is adding extra cost for those not trying to win wont be a good thing to them.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Imagine 5 starting OL, Pipkins @TE1, Dissley @H-Back, Mason @FB, Gus the Bus driving - thats a freight train a’comin …
                        Sub one of the OG UDFAs for Pip and I’m down. 👍

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I think Barnhart because he’s versatile and provides depth at every position except Center. Don’t know if he has what it takes to winning the RG position though.

Comment

Working...
                          X