• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I know guys like ekeler and bosa like to work out on their own and they do keep in great shape. But I bet Harbaugh is going to set the expectation that everyone be together especially anyone who wants to be a team leader. Cannot mandate the stuff per the union but can still mandate it if you get my drift.

Herbert James Keenan Slater will all buy in. You watch.
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Working out together is a major part of team building. Harbaugh's Chargers will do so once this thing gets rolling.
      I have a feeling - sometime this spring there will be a player transaction on the waiver wire and it will be a player that was on the practice squad or a UDFA - that gets released

there will be certain standards that need to be met and if they need to make an example, they will

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Ben Herbert is Justin Herbert's brotha from another motha lol.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          I know guys like ekeler and bosa like to work out on their own and they do keep in great shape. But I bet Harbaugh is going to set the expectation that everyone be together especially anyone who wants to be a team leader. Cannot mandate the stuff per the union but can still mandate it if you get my drift.

if those guys buy in, the rest of the non star types will follow their lead, which means most of the team will workout together...as for the other guys, the guys that will do their own thing will probably get thinned out gradually...Salyer is a guy that needs to definitely stop working out with his friends at Georgia, cause it's not working...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
            Ben Herbert is Justin Herbert's brotha from another motha lol.
            One of my favorite Herbert moments is when the Bolts won a game and someone is breaking down the team and Staley says 'no work tomorrow' and Herbert gets this astonished look on his face and says "what? No!!"

Harbaugh is going to love Herbert, his competitiveness, team first attitude, work ethic, smarts, physical skills. Some of Harbaugh's fire and scrappiness and arrogance will rub off on Herbert and it will be good
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

All I have to say is...

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Looks like Grant Newsome is going back to Michigan as OL coach (previously TE).
                Moore needed to get coaching talent back after losing out on Herbert.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Kevin Koger is the current Chargers TE coach under Staley - well was

In the interest of being fair, maybe Jay Harbaugh will be the new TE coach so the Chargers can "trade" Kuger back to Michigan.

If Koger is willing to go back to his Alma Mater as TE coach

Comment

• JimIsHim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2024
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Grant Newsome is a fantastic coach and is definitely needed back in Ann Arbor. Glad to have him back in a larger capacity.

With that being said, it doesn’t even come close to softening the blow of losing Herb.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

This guys sounds like he is a big deal and a big part of turning Harbaugh's teams in to super physical hit you in the face slobberknocker type of smashmouth beasts in the trenches.

Basically official now, he told the team he was leaving

migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• JimIsHim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2024
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                        This guys sounds like he is a big deal and a big part of turning Harbaugh's teams in to super physical hit you in the face slobberknocker type of smashmouth beasts in the trenches.

Basically official now, he told the team he was leaving

Ben Herbert joining your staff is a massive deal.

I felt fine losing Harbaugh knowing Sherrone Moore was taking over. I have text receipts from weeks ago talking about Harbaugh move saying “As long as he doesn’t take Herb, we’re good.”

The Chargers WILL be Super Bowl contenders very soon. This is all just my opinion obviously but I have followed these coaches since 2015 just like you guys have followed yours.

A+++++++++ hires and I cannot overstate that. Everyone that roots for the Chargers should be going nuts right now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it goes well. NFL is different. Players have contracts and are a little older and some have their own workout routine and then there's the players union.

Hopefully they buy in.

Comment

Working...
                          X