X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
    I agree totally about Brees and LT being best friends and understand Brees has leadership abilities. But I also remember it was really up in the air as to whether Brees would ever recover completely from the shoulder injury. I recall when it happened and it was pretty bad. That said, I also believe Brees and Sean Payton were one of those perfect coach/QB combinations like Montana/Walsh and even Brady/Belichick where under different HC's the QB's likely would not have had the same success.
    It was bad. The Dolphins had interest when we let him go, and their team doctor basically said "no f-ing way". I believe the Chiefs passed on him too.

Miami Dolphins docs flunked Drew Brees

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
      It was bad. The Dolphins had interest when we let him go, and their team doctor basically said "no f-ing way". I believe the Chiefs passed on him too.

Miami Dolphins docs flunked Drew Brees

Nick Saban has the dubious honor of passing on Antonio Gates and Drew Bree's in his coaching career.
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
        2. Drew Brees showed you rut talent around him he can lead your team to a Super Bowl and that would explain why LT felt the way he did especially seeing Brees won a Super Bowl
        I never like the notion of when a player won a super bowl with another team, how if they would've stayed on their former team it automatically meant they would've won also. Brees won BECAUSE he was on a different team, it don't mean he would've done the same if he'd had stayed. Especially since Payton specifically tailored his offense to revolve around Brees, something Marty would've never done. Brees would've still been only used as a game manager in an LT led offense instead of a rhythm passer in a wide open offense

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          I never like the notion of when a player won a super bowl with another team, how if they would've stayed on their former team it automatically meant they would've won also. Brees won BECAUSE he was on a different team, it don't mean he would've done the same if he'd had stayed. Especially since Payton specifically tailored his offense to revolve around Brees, something Marty would've never done. Brees would've still been only used as a game manager in an LT led offense instead of a rhythm passer in a wide open offense
          This.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

"Dang it... we could have won the Superbowl if McCree didn't fumble his interception..."

How silly does that sound? LT can speculate, but it won't make it true. If Brees didn't get his ass lit on fire by the Rivers trade, and subsequent hold out, he may have been out of the league years ago. If Brees didn't have Sean Payton as a coach, he could have stunk in NOLA. If Brees didn't stink it up to force the pick for Eli, they may have gotten Larry Fitzgerald instead, but they might not have been in that situation if they won more games.

I do believe that Shit Happens, and that's what happened when Brees got hurt in that stupid Donkey game. It was a Brees-LT team until then, and for the next few years it was only LT. Rivers is a baller, but wasn't proven, and eventually did pan for the good, but we got Norved. Shit happened again.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The team was better (at least in the playoffs) post Marty because Rivers, the wrs, and Sproles especially (he was only a returner under Marty) were all more involved in the offense. As somebody else pointed out, LT wasn't lighting it up during the playoffs, which wasn't good since the entire offense revolved around him.

The team became less balanced when LT started losing a step

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

In the process of time since the Marty\Brees\LT short era a lot has changed and we spiraled down ward.

From 2006 to 2009 to Present

1. Went from the most talent team to this
                2. Went from division winner or playoff contenders year in year out to now basement dwellers in the division 2013 was an anomaly we snicked in as a wild card
                3. Marty>Norv to Norv to McCoy this is pretty sad both suck but McCoy is about to surpass Norv in sucking
                4. Light Out Merriman to Roid to never the same to the last explosive impact defender we had
                5. From LT>Ryan Mathews to Melvin Gordon he's no LT but he is trending upward and on his way to being better than Mathews
                6. OL with Pro Bowler Dielman and McNeil to career ending injuries to O-line consistently injured
                7. From Brees to Rivers I will go with Rivers despite Brees winning a Super Bowl. Rivers has done more with less and only had one bad season.

As you can see overall only positive is Rivers and hopefully Melvin Gordon continues to get better

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                  I agree totally about Brees and LT being best friends and understand Brees has leadership abilities. But I also remember it was really up in the air as to whether Brees would ever recover completely from the shoulder injury. I recall when it happened and it was pretty bad. That said, I also believe Brees and Sean Payton were one of those perfect coach/QB combinations like Montana/Walsh and even Brady/Belichick where under different HC's the QB's likely would not have had the same success.
                  Agree with this. I would also say that IMO, Brees probably would never have won a SB if he had stayed here. Marty was still gonna piss 2006 away, and you N0rv the rest...
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    Time to garbage this journalisms
                    Garbage-Featured-1.jpg

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                      I don't think he was throwing Rivers under the bus. He stated that Brees had the injury and his future was uncertain. And he probably did want Roth over Rivers in the draft, but as he said, he realized why the team wanted Rivers. He gave credit where it was due and he didn't diss anyone in my mind. I think the writer was off, actually, and he was throwing LT under the bus.
                      However, Tomlinson took the perfect angles and avoided the hit.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

You can't blame the writer for this. If Tomlinson says something like this, it is news. But remember, Brees and Tomlinson knew each other from Texas HS all star games, so LT wasn't exactly unbiased.

I was a big fan and favored keeping Brees at the time, but I don't think we would have done any more with Rivers or Brees at QB. Remember all the long passes that Rivers threw that the WR dropped vs the Pats? Rivers did his part, we didn't have the talent at WR to make the plays to win.

The only way that Brees makes a better option is if we had not drafted a QB in the 1st, traded down and added more guys so that we had a better team around whoever was at QB. In Norv's first season, if LT and Gates had been healthy, we probably would have won that AFC Championship, giving the team multiple championships. But it is a toss up between Ben R, Rivers and Brees. All are good enough QB if they have the right team around them. We haven't had that group.

Comment

• boldarblood
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

LT while a great Chargers player and one of our all time greats. I can not stand listening to the guy talk, absolutely an idiot.

LOL @ LT thinking they would have won a SB with Marty. God no, Marty is so overrated by so many San Diego fans. While I do not agree with the coaching choices we have made, getting rid of Marty was absolutely the correct call. Marty did not know how to be successful in the playoffs, he was unable to adapt.

Plus as others have said, LT is buddy buddy with Brees from HS days, of course he is going to be riding his D.

Comment

Working...
                          X