...is there a light at the end of this tunnel ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Its the proctoscope at the other end.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Lightnin'
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

...we've lost two games to teams we've provided their ONLY WIN of the year; Indy & New Orleans.

We've yet to play a team with a winning record and we're 1-3.

The one team we beat, Jacksonville-beat Indy.

We could/should be 4-0, but it would be "fools gold" of the first order. However-
      reality has struck at 1-3, and will likely continue to do so throughout '16...
      San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• FiftyFive
        Dean Spanos is a traitor!
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        So you think we were outclassed the first 4 games and somehow were lucky to have a lead near the end? Nobody is saying we are close to the Broncos talent wise (except at QB) and especially now with the huge number of injuries we are once again hit with but I just don't buy this vast talent disparity. Sorry, it's been bad coaching so far.
        I didn't say we were outclassed. We played weak teams that are on our level - hence, the close scores and competitive games.

I'm also not letting the coaching off the hook. But when a team performs this miserably with a franchise QB under center, it's a total organizational failure from top to bottom. It's not just coaching.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

1-7 at the halfway mark.
          Bank it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightnin' View Post
            ...we've lost two games to teams we've provided their ONLY WIN of the year; Indy & New Orleans.

We've yet to play a team with a winning record and we're 1-3.

The one team we beat, Jacksonville-beat Indy.

We could/should be 4-0, but it would be "fools gold" of the first order. However-
            reality has struck at 1-3, and will likely continue to do so throughout '16...
            We blew our shot at a 4-4 start.
            sigpic

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
              I didn't say we were outclassed. We played weak teams that are on our level - hence, the close scores and competitive games.

I'm also not letting the coaching off the hook. But when a team performs this miserably with a franchise QB under center, it's a total organizational failure from top to bottom. It's not just coaching.
              This, exactly.

With all due respect to rich, I don't buy the "but the games were close!" mentality. It's like the people who hope and pray for a 9-7 season and maybe a CHANCE at squeezing into the playoffs like it's some monumental achievement. I'm done with that mediocre bullshit.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                This, exactly.

With all due respect to rich, I don't buy the "but the games were close!" mentality. It's like the people who hope and pray for a 9-7 season and maybe a CHANCE at squeezing into the playoffs like it's some monumental achievement. I'm done with that mediocre bullshit.
                Well, given last year's record and what we expect from this year I can honestly say we aren't mediocre.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  This, exactly.

I'm not sure what mentality that is. My point was that if we had Tomlin or Bellichick as our coach I think we'd be 4-0 right now. We aren't even though we outplayed our opponents for most of the every game. If you have the players capable of outplaying other teams for most of a game, you are not utterly devoid of talent like some have been posting. Yes it was the easy part of our schedule - so what? A win is a win. I saw a stat on the Steelers after one of their recent Superbowl wins and their record against teams with winning records was 22-21 over a several year span - hardly domination even though they are one of the model franchises. The reality is you play better teams it is harder to win. We are now so beat up and were not the deepest team to start with, so now that we are entering the harder part of our schedule it will be more even more difficult to win. And it will likely cost McCoy his job. We weren't the most talented team in the league even when healthy. But I just don't buy this Rivers is the only player who could start for another team in the league. That is ridiculous.

Comment

• zoom
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yes there is! And it's Korey Toomer! An Idaho Vandal!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I'm not sure what mentality that is. My point was that if we had Tomlin or Bellichick as our coach I think we'd be 4-0 right now. We aren't even though we outplayed our opponents for most of the every game. If you have the players capable of outplaying other teams for most of a game, you are not utterly devoid of talent like some have been posting. Yes it was the easy part of our schedule - so what? A win is a win. I saw a stat on the Steelers after one of their recent Superbowl wins and their record against teams with winning records was 22-21 over a several year span - hardly domination even though they are one of the model franchises. The reality is you play better teams it is harder to win. We are now so beat up and were not the deepest team to start with, so now that we are entering the harder part of our schedule it will be more even more difficult to win. And it will likely cost McCoy his job. We weren't the most talented team in the league even when healthy. But I just don't buy this Rivers is the only player who could start for another team in the league. That is ridiculous.
                      I'm still waiting to hear the names of these good players.

As far as us outplaying other teams for most of a game:
                      A. Games are four quarters. Good players play all of them.
                      B. Did we really outplay the other teams? Rivers outplayed the other teams' quarterbacks. Amazing what he can do with a center. As far as the rest of the players outplaying people? I don't know about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X