• Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

I expected him to play 3 more games before he was injured for the season...

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Oh, good. For a minute there, I thought you were trying to say that Santa Claus doesn't exist!
      I was worried...
      sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        Fucking China Dolls.... I have enough of this...
        How many Jim Romisms remain popular?

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          Oh, good. For a minute there, I thought you were trying to say that Santa Claus doesn't exist!

Of course he exists:

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Some of us tried to warn everybody to not get to excited about Dunlap's re-signing given he was a tap on the head away from another concussion and out of the league.

Seems like we need a legit left tackle.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Not sure - went from starting 47 straight games at Notre Dame to a PUP player who could never see the field again.
              lol I thought you were talking about our new FB. I completely forgot about the offensive center bust.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

We should sign Bene Bewikere. Can't be worse than Steve Williams.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Verrett quickness, speed, agility, and awareness, just not built for endurance. He is that sports car you fix up when it runs looks good and runs good, but keeps breaking down.

Comment

• vinabolt
                    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                    • Feb 2015
                    • Send PM

I think the "San Diego factor" meant very little here. It's just meant that the atmosphere, environment are relax here so the football players probably don't work as hard in other cities, especially the harsh weather ones.

Players are injured here and there under Boss Ross and Marty, but there are no noticeable injury problems.

The injury goes up after the Norv era and get to another level in the McCoy era. Both are nice guys, nice coaches, sound familiar?

Tom Telesco signed and drafted durable guys, like Franklin, Watt, Teo..... they have injury problems after joining SD.

Sometime you have to take risk on an injury prone players if you done all the medical works and many doctors agree that his injury is over. Many teams take risk and won big like Dante Hall (reconstructed both his knees at Texas A&M, everybody thought his football career is over, instead he went on to become one of the most dangerous return man in the NFL), and you have Todd Gurley.

Injury can be prevent by the way the players train, practice and play, both in the building and on the field. The way they focus on stay balance, be careful and watch out for the knee. For some off injured players, yeah they need to focus on stay healthy instead of playing wreckless out there. It will probably hurt their effectiveness, but they can't contribute if they can't play. So, durability and stay healthy must be one of the top priority.

The coaches collectively have to watch over all that, starting with the head coach, the Strength & Conditioning coaches, the positional coaches (the way players train), even the trainer and team doctors. The way the trainers treated Bridgewater's knees in MIN saved his football career. Sometime it's the difference from out 4 weeks and out for the season, PUP and IR.

Many things have to be look at. It's a big help if the staff works well with each other like 1 unit, everyone is on the same page. But it seems we don't have that.
                    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                      Verrett quickness, speed, agility, and awareness, just not built for endurance. He is that sports car you fix up when it runs looks good and runs good, but keeps breaking down.
                      Yeah, he is a Fix It Again Tony,

Comment

Working...
                      X