• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Telesco will be taking the Raiders down hard. They were peaking up, now it's 3rd round misses and reaches lol. He already has a tough task trying to get a QB picking 13th. Not so easy as when one falls in your lap.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-24-2024, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Telesco will be taking the Raiders down hard. They were pesking up, now it's 3rd round misses and reaches lol. He already has a tough task trying to get a QB picking 13th. Not so easy as when one falls in your lap.
      Looking forward to TT packaging a 2th rounder, a 4th rounder and next year's 2nd rounder to move up into the end of round 1 to draft another reach...

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Thanks, Fleet. What's really amazing to me about Hortiz and DeCosta is the sheer volume of mid-round picks they acquired, year after year...now, bear in mind that SOME of those ended up not panning out, but many of them DID...when you stockpile that many picks, you give yourself the OPPORTUNITY and increase the odds of at least SOME of those picks turning out to be decent starters...even in round 1, a lot of picks in ANY year turn into busts or semi-busts...so, I really like the Ravens philosophy--throw enough mud against the wall, a some of it is bound to stick! And now, hopefully, it's the new Bolt Philosophy...the NEW CHARGER WAY!
        (Yay...)
        Yep. Es la verdad amigo.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Looking forward to TT packaging a 2th rounder, a 4th rounder and next year's 2nd rounder to move up into the end of round 1 to draft another reach...
          I read something about Telesco and his draft and how over his 11 years, the Chargers had bottom 3 in draft capital. Meaning, 11 years, 7 picks, so thats 77 picks. The Murray, Te'O, Attaochu and Gordon trades cost the team 5 picks as Gordon cost a future pick. So now Telesco is down to 72 picks. I know he had some comp picks - one year from Rivers he got a 3rd and very wisely used that on Tre McKitty. So, now that is 73 picks. I think he had a few more comp picks - a couple comp picks he used for Mack I think to not use a future 6th. But I think I read he had under 80 picks in total over the 11 years

And even if his miss rate is the same as the Ravens % wise, they had like 20+ more picks over the same 10, 11 years . The more the better - allows you to have some misses

And if Pierce has to have Daniels at QB and the Raiders want to send a Trey Lance package to the Chargers at 5 -- I would listen.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

This is a great thread.

One counterpoint.

Don't forget that what started happening in 2019 was in the context of having years and years of continuity involving Ozzie Newsome.

At LAC, Joe Hortiz is bringing the philosophy into our current circumstances and what he does will deviate accordingly in the beginning at least.

I expect Joe and collaborators to be very diligent and consider many alternatives.

What is about to happen will be largely based upon choices made by the big four and their agents.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I read something about Telesco and his draft and how over his 11 years, the Chargers had bottom 3 in draft capital. Meaning, 11 years, 7 picks, so thats 77 picks. The Murray, Te'O, Attaochu and Gordon trades cost the team 5 picks as Gordon cost a future pick. So now Telesco is down to 72 picks. I know he had some comp picks - one year from Rivers he got a 3rd and very wisely used that on Tre McKitty. So, now that is 73 picks. I think he had a few more comp picks - a couple comp picks he used for Mack I think to not use a future 6th. But I think I read he had under 80 picks in total over the 11 years

And even if his miss rate is the same as the Ravens % wise, they had like 20+ more picks over the same 10, 11 years . The more the better - allows you to have some misses

And if Pierce has to have Daniels at QB and the Raiders want to send a Trey Lance package to the Chargers at 5 -- I would listen.
              If he had the same miss rate as the Ravens while they had 23+ picks, that isnt good for the Ravens if you ask me. I havent scoured over the Ravens drafts but their 2019 draft wasnt very good.

Trey Lance isnt a Raider, he is a Cowboy. I dont want to help the Raiders get a QB but throw in Crosby and maybe i am more accomidating. Crosby wouldnt mind playing or Harbaugh and sure this is far fetched but so is trading with the Raiders for them to get a QB.....or Denver so they can get JJ.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                This is a great thread.

One counterpoint.

Don't forget that what started happening in 2019 was in the context of having years and years of continuity involving Ozzie Newsome.

At LAC, Joe Hortiz is bringing the philosophy into our current circumstances and what he does will deviate accordingly in the beginning at least.

I expect Joe and collaborators to be very diligent and consider many alternatives.

What is about to happen will be largely based upon choices made by the big four and their agents.
                This...in a nutshell! How cooperative they are versus a "Me Me Me attitude!"
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If he had the same miss rate as the Ravens while they had 23+ picks, that isnt good for the Ravens if you ask me. I havent scoured over the Ravens drafts but their 2019 draft wasnt very good.

Trey Lance isnt a Raider, he is a Cowboy. I dont want to help the Raiders get a QB but throw in Crosby and maybe i am more accomidating. Crosby wouldnt mind playing or Harbaugh and sure this is far fetched but so is trading with the Raiders for them to get a QB.....or Denver so they can get JJ.
                  Just making the point that if you have less picks you need to hit on a higher % of picks than say another team with more picks to get 6 to make the roster. Ravens have 10 picks, they can go .500 and have 5 make the roster. Telesco needs to hit on 71.4% to have 5 make the roster

Second, I was referring to what the 49ers paid to get Trey Lance - not that Lance is with the Raiders. Three First Round picks

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Just making the point that if you have less picks you need to hit on a higher % of picks than say another team with more picks to get 6 to make the roster. Ravens have 10 picks, they can go .500 and have 5 make the roster. Telesco needs to hit on 71.4% to have 5 make the roster

Second, I was referring to what the 49ers paid to get Trey Lance - not that Lance is with the Raiders. Three First Round picks
                    Most his picks did make the roster, and it's why we didn't have very good depth. His picks weren't very good.

Misses on pretty much all the RBs.neside Gordon, ....Kelly finally looked decent in his way out. Ekeler made up for it as a UDFA but he still wasn't a TT draft pick.
                    Bad TE picks, misses at CB, LB and OL.

Traded up for 2 LBs and neither one was great.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

^ This...excellent point...I would only add that by stockpiling picks in the MID ROUNDS (rounds 3-4) as the Ravens did, you ALSO maximize your chances of hitting on a higher percentage of those picks...as opposed to stockpiling in rounds 6-7, where your percentages of success decrease exponentially...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

great stuff - thanks for posting
                        did their 2023 draft grade out to 1 A and a bunch of Ds and Fs?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

did their 2023 draft grade out to 1 A and a bunch of Ds and Fs?
                          Another grade puts that 2023 Ravens draft in the middle of the pack:

Comment

Working...
                          X