Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

McCoy's replacement?

• Foxbatkllr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

We're not going to hire an outside coach midseason, so this assumes we either don't fire McCoy until the end of the season or the interim coach doesn't get the job.

I think there's a good chance he gets fired from the Bears, so I would seriously consider going after John Fox. He hasn't quite done it in the postseason, but he'll bring some respectability and toughness to the team. I think with a young team that has trouble finding ways to win you want an older coach with leadership that can teach them.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

I do like Mike Pettine. He got a shit deal in Cleveland. That team busted their asses for him.
      But you said realistic, so he, and even Ron Rivera if available, are probably off these Idiot's radar.

I can't stomach McHoodrat or the Shanarat larvae either, but both will likely be considered.

Wiz will probably take over until his Tennessee contract runs out, so Scrooge McDickless won't have to pay full price.

Nightmare Scenario:
      Chuck Pagano is hired because Colts.
      Two Paganos! Just like those lovable Ryan brothers! Storyline!
      Harbaughs, Mannings, yay... barf
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Yuck. No to John Fox. No to Mora.

Hell no to McDaniels.

Is Rivera on the hotseat after going to the Super Bowl last year? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I don't know enough about the other names.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          Yuck. No to John Fox. No to Mora.

Hell no to McDaniels.

Is Rivera on the hotseat after going to the Super Bowl last year? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I don't know enough about the other names.
          I know John Fox isn't exciting, but look at his resume.

Career .550 winning percentage in the regular season and .533 winning percentage in the postseason, and two super bowl appearances.

Everyone's looking for the next hot coach, like Mike McCoy...

This team needs a proven winner retread who has not yet won the super bowl (because coaches don't win super bowls with two different teams)

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
            I know John Fox isn't exciting, but look at his resume.

Career .550 winning percentage in the regular season and .533 winning percentage in the postseason, and two super bowl appearances.

Everyone's looking for the next hot coach, like Mike McCoy...

This team needs a proven winner retread who has not yet won the super bowl (because coaches don't win super bowls with two different teams)
            Fox was irrelevant in Denver. It pains me to say this but Elway was the genius in building their Super Bowl team and Peyton carried that team while Fox was there until he fell off last season and the defense carried it.

Fox is a proven head coach but he is just as conservative if not more than McCoy and I don't want to endure that crap again. It drove Bronco fans nuts and as soon as they got rid of him, they were able to take that next step. We need someone with a killer instinct.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              Fox was irrelevant in Denver. It pains me to say this but Elway was the genius in building their Super Bowl team and Peyton carried that team while Fox was there until he fell off last season and the defense carried it.

Fox is a proven head coach but he is just as conservative if not more than McCoy and I don't want to endure that crap again. It drove Bronco fans nuts and as soon as they got rid of him, they were able to take that next step. We need someone with a killer instinct.
              I don't necessarily disagree with this, but I believe it can be corrected or mitigated at least with an aggressive coordinator. John Fox was also very successful with the Panthers, taking them to a super bowl, and Elway had nothing to do with that team.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Tom Cable: A blue collar, trenches minded guy with a tough persona. Could be in the Spanii price range. If Oakland had kept him around, they wouldn't have floundered for nearly as long as they did.

Lovie Smith: fits the retread criteria. The Spanii could get him at a good price I think.

Les Miles: No NFL experience. Would he even want to give the NFL a shot? He'd probably bring Cam Camaron with him.
                sigpic

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

No to Pags or Whiz. That's really my only strict criteria.

I'm telling you guys...I think McDaniels deserves another shot in this league. Look, I know all the arguments against him, and he probably wouldn't be in the mold of a tough taskmaster which this team needs for its next coach, but I think McDaniels would do much better the 2nd time around. Just a feeling.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Tom Cable: A blue collar, trenches minded guy with a tough persona. Could be in the Spanii price range. If Oakland had kept him around, they wouldn't have floundered for nearly as long as they did.

Lovie Smith: fits the retread criteria. The Spanii could get him at a good price I think.

Les Miles: No NFL experience. Would he even want to give the NFL a shot? He'd probably bring Cam Camaron with him.
                    Cable would be great because he might eventually beat the crap out of the owner someday. That intangible is priceless.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

Lovie seemed to win 10 games every year without a QB. Imagine what he could do with Rivers.
                      Never mind, it wont happen. Because offensive geniuses.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        No to Pags or Whiz. That's really my only strict criteria.

I'm telling you guys...I think McDaniels deserves another shot in this league. Look, I know all the arguments against him, and he probably wouldn't be in the mold of a tough taskmaster which this team needs for its next coach, but I think McDaniels would do much better the 2nd time around. Just a feeling.
                        No.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X