• Send PM

Atlanta opens as a 6 pt favorite against the Chargers

Discuss.
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Yahoo has it at 6.5 with an O/U of 51. That sounds about right to me. Atlanta is playing really good ball right now and Julio Jones is a beast. Its going to be loud in that dome, so the Charger O better be prepared for it. The secondary will really be tested in this one, gotta keep pressure on Ryan or it will be a long day.
    sigpic

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Top offense in the league. Actually expected a bigger spread. But this could be one of those games where Pagano dials up the right game plan, you never know.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        Yahoo has it at 6.5 with an O/U of 51. That sounds about right to me. Atlanta is playing really good ball right now and Julio Jones is a beast. Its going to be loud in that dome, so the Charger O better be prepared for it. The secondary will really be tested in this one, gotta keep pressure on Ryan or it will be a long day.
        That Seattle game showed that you can be dominant for two quarters but if you let up at all Ryan will torch you. Ryan had three TD passes in the 3rd qtr. yesterday I think. I know we have Bosa now but I don't know if our defense can be as good as Seattle's. And they barely won that game yesterday. I guess what I'm saying is it would be a great win but I have a hard time seeing how we'd do it. Can anyone see us winning this game? How?
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Their defense gives up more points and yards than ours, so I see a shootout. I'd take the over on that 51 points.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Chargers haven't beaten the Falcons since 1988 and are 1-8 all time against them.

My first Chargers game was in 1973, Dan Fouts started for an injured Johnny Unitas. The Falcons drubbed then 41-0.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              The Chargers haven't beaten the Falcons since 1988 and are 1-8 all time against them.

My first Chargers game was in 1973, Dan Fouts started for an injured Johnny Unitas. The Falcons drubbed then 41-0.

We're due! haha

I guess if Gordon goes off and has a career game we can win. I don't like our odds in a shoot out. It would have to be an Ajayi type break out game for Gordon IMO.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

Matty Ice and J Jones obviously dominated so far this season. But the media has been overlooked their 2 RBs: Freeman and Coleman. They're really great and probably the main factor why Matty Ice and Jones are so dominant, teams are unable to commit to stop Jones. DEN had been able to slow down Ryan and Jones, only to got torched by those 2 RBs.

But the Chargers in McCoy era seems always played really well in this kind of game where no one picked them to win.
                Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  And that sole win was in San Diego. However I don't see a blow out here by the Falcons, I like the track meet.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                    That Seattle game showed that you can be dominant for two quarters but if you let up at all Ryan will torch you. Ryan had three TD passes in the 3rd qtr. yesterday I think. I know we have Bosa now but I don't know if our defense can be as good as Seattle's. And they barely won that game yesterday. I guess what I'm saying is it would be a great win but I have a hard time seeing how we'd do it. Can anyone see us winning this game? How?
                    Seattle actually had 2 very uncharacteristic coverage breakdowns that cost them and they also had some special teams mis-cues. Depending on your perspective you can say Atlanta forced the mistake or you can say Seattle had poor execution.

We don't want to get into a shootout with anyone. Ball control is how you beat a team like this. Control the tempo, tackle well and avoid the mental breakdowns that lead to big plays.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Seattle was lucky. That blatant PI non call saved their ass.

Take
                      The
                      Over
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• vinabolt
                        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                        • Feb 2015
                        • Send PM

Richard Sherman couldn't stop Julio Jones. And we'll facing them with 2nd-string, 3rd string defenders in an injury riddled secondary that without both Verrett and Flowers. And an angry DEN defense await for revenge in their house. If we somehow can pull out victories in these next two games, the season will turn around and we'll be very tough to beat. Hopefully the kind of turnaround that KC had last year.

But our pass rush is so much better. The addition of Bosa is so huge. Now teams are unable to just focus on contain Melvin Ingram. Bosa's relentless effort and the ability to finishing tackles and finishing plays with impressive take downs are so enjoyable to watch. He's already one of the surest tacklers on the team.

Plus we got Brown on some blitzes. Teo isn't a bad starter, but Brown is million time better blitzer thanks to his speed.

Ryan will have to wait a bit for Jones to get downfield. Our pass rushers will have to play out of their mind in this game to contain them.
                        Last edited by vinabolt; 10-17-2016, 10:38 AM.
                        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Working...
                        X