• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

This take is real... Nabers or Odunze would have been a higher value pick and better for the offense as a whole. Alt will not prevent every sack against Herbert, the run will only get you so far when teams stack the box and force you to throw. This is still a "passing league"...

Harbaugh and Hortiz is gambling on the WR depth being greater than the oline depth... I hope they were right... We needed a Center more than a LT anyways. Nabers in the 1st and JPJ in the 2nd would have been the better route IMHO.
    We signed a center. Did everyone seem to forget that? I keep seeing JPJ mocked at 37. Just dont see it.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

we signed the worst center in the league basically.

Signing scrubs who at one time had a connection to Roman and had their best year under him many years ago is not a strategy I am a fan of but it seems like a big part of what we are doing.

We have plenty of cap space now, what is the point of it.

I don't agree with how this offense is being built. I hope Alt is as generational as they hope he is. But scrub center played with Roman, the RBs don't excite me either, can they even catch passes? They played with Roman. The TEs? do they have hands?

I feel like we are building the team for the same reasons people like to refurb old ipod classics and use them today. They are protesting the current state of the world and want to unplug from technology and modernity, its like a silent protest of the way things are. I feel like we are trying to build a team to win the 1958 NFL Championship pre-super bowl era.
      Last edited by BlazingBolt; 04-26-2024, 12:55 PM.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

ahhh.... thank you for this thread, as am gonna air it out before reading thru,

gonna give them a B

B for Barely a B grade selection
        B for willing to give them the Benefit of the doubt
        B for Boy Wonder, Boy Howdy, and (John) Boy Spanos (should I be paying more attention to Cam Hart 'n Audric Estime now ?)
        B for Bunt single (and Boog Powe!!
        B for Better than Latham, Fluker or Trevor Penning
        B for Batman and our unspoken head of personnel, and for better or worse
        B for truth be told, I am admittedly a bit Bummed.... I liked Taliese
        B for I Begged for HarBaugh, and now I've got what I've asked for

he's a tourist.... ain't much West Coast to him whatsoever.... he's Midwest Whitebread, and while I like me some pumpernickel and dark rye

don't think Alt is a top five talent, and doubt he's any more than an above avg tackle in the NFL, and doubt he makes a Pro Bowl, let alone All Pro
        think Fautanu will turn out just as good, and like him better coz he is versatile and can apparently play all five positions on the line, and of course, like his intangibles better than Joe's
        and do think Fashanu will eventually end up being a top five tackle, and that Fuaga could well end up being RT1 before too long

not as bad as passing on Lotulelei or Kincaid, but still stings, and of course wonder what the offer was to trade down.... ??

B is for Brilliant in that Alt is legit on the left side, as he has elite lateral agility, and given the amount of time that Rashawn has missed, let alone playing injured.... it's a serious consideration
        B is for Better than drafting any of the ballyhooed pass catchers, as do think our team will be the better by shoring up the right side of our Line there

also want to give props to Nutty 'n Wu who well raised the flag for Alt earlier on, and for Critty who remained the Alt stalwart from day one, and.... know there were prolly others in that camp as well.... good on ya,

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

Signing scrubs who at one time had a connection to Roman and had their best year under him many years ago is not a strategy I am a fan of but it seems like a big part of what we are doing.

I don't agree with how this offense is being built. I hope Alt is as generational as they hope he is. But scrub center played with Roman, the RBs don't excite me either, can they even catch passes? They played with Roman.

I feel like we are building the team for the same reasons people like to refurb old ipod classics and use them today. They are protesting the current state of the world and want to unplug from technology and modernity, its like a silent protest of the way things are. I feel like we are trying to build a team to win the 1958 NFL Championship pre-super bowl era.
          The pendulum swings both ways.

Maybe our new, old school offense catches people by surprise.

Trophy case is empty, despite the long list of high flying offenses we've had, old and recent. We have literally nothing to lose. So I'm going to let a couple of proven winners leading the franchise have a chance at turning this thing around.

Maybe it doesn't work. Who knows? Winning a SB is HARD. There's a lot that goes into it, much of it being good fortune and right time, right place.

But for once we have competent people in place. And this is only their FIRST offseason! We aren't going to put together a polished, championship ready roster in year 1.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

I don't agree with how this offense is being built. I hope Alt is as generational as they hope he is. But scrub center played with Roman, the RBs don't excite me either, can they even catch passes? They played with Roman. The TEs? do they have hands?

All because we traded Keenan Allen. LOL!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

what Chargers have tried obviously has not worked in how many years?
              lets try something new

Comment

Working...
              X