• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Good freaking question. And I have no idea.

Maybe we don’t use one?
    Harbaugh used a FB in San Fran and I think at Stanford and Michigan too.

Bell a TE in this draft is possible a potential FB. There are a few options for a FB in this draft.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Duck of Death
      Social Piranha
      • May 2022
      • Flyover, USA
      • Send PM

Ben Sinnott?

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

2022 Roman Ravens O had 6-3, 300 Patrick Ricard FB / DT
        6-4, 296. Matlock.may find a job there.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          Where's Lorenzo when we need him ?
          He was the purest FB that I know.
          we need a modern version that can catch the ball out of the back field, Lorenzo was a sledgehammer but he looked goofy trying to catch the ball or even carrying it, LOL...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

we need a modern version that can catch the ball out of the back field, Lorenzo was a sledgehammer but he looked goofy trying to catch the ball or even carrying it, LOL...
            I remember Lo running with the ball after a catch and looking for someone to run into. He wasn't into long races, and DBs liked to avoid him. Tough problem.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • QuĂ©bec city
              • Send PM

L. Neal was there to open the path.
              And he was very good at it !

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

We will definitely have an HB, Harbaugh will be running jumbo sets. Whether that HB is already on the team or not I don't know. I can almost guarantee they will draft another TE whether they draft Bowers or one in the later rounds.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Michigan didnt use a FB. They used motion with TEs for lead blocks or kickout blocks and pulling the TE but there is no FB if you go watch Corums tape.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Michigan didnt use a FB. They used motion with TEs for lead blocks or kickout blocks and pulling the TE but there is no FB if you go watch Corums tape.
                    Brother, look at 1:24 against Rutgers, here they are lined up in the jumbo with 3 TEs. #18 Loveland is lined up over RT, #89 Barner is lined up over LT, #44 Bredesen is lined up at FB, and Corum @ RB. All 3 are TE's.

Thers is also another example at 2:53 against Purdue.

Blake Corum || Michigan Wolverines Running Back || 2023 Senior Highlights - YouTube
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Brother, look at 1:24 against Rutgers, here they are lined up in the jumbo with 3 TEs. #18 Loveland is lined up over RT, #89 Barner is lined up over LT, #44 Bredesen is lined up at FB, and Corum @ RB. All 3 are TE's.

Thers is also another example at 2:53 against Purdue.

Blake Corum || Michigan Wolverines Running Back || 2023 Senior Highlights - YouTube
                      Yeah 44 is a TE listed below and and sure occasionally they used him at FB,...so I'm wrong I guess but most the time they didn't use a FB.

It's what I've said about Bowers. He can line up at occasional FB, HB, split out in the slot and run routes or jet sweeps.

Just saying we don't need to sign a FB but one would be cheap but for an occasional rush, they don't need to.
                      I don't know what they will do, just guessing from recent usage.

Max Bredeson

Michigan Wolverines • #44 • TE

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah 44 is a TE listed below and and sure occasionally they used him at FB,...so I'm wrong I guess but most the time they didn't use a FB.

It's what I've said about Bowers. He can line up at occasional FB, HB, split out in the slot and run routes or jet sweeps.

Just saying we don't need to sign a FB but one would be cheap but for an occasional rush, they don't need to.
                        I don't know what they will do, just guessing from recent usage.

Max Bredeson

Michigan Wolverines • #44 • TE
                        Yeah we agree. That won't have just a FB. They will use a TE lined up as FB/HB. I'm guessing they will switch up were the TE's line up to keep defenses guessing. I agree they will line up Bowers everywhere which is why I've been saying that he is a perfect fit for this offense.
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Long term they will find a guy who is a good athlete and good football player who doesn't have a position, and teach him how to play FB unless they really like the TE who they use as a lead blocker in the sort term.

You really don't have much of a choice for NFL team since colleges hardly use FB anymore. Even if there is one on the roster, they hardly play in spread offenses.

Richard was a DL who was converted to FB, although now he is being used more like a TE now that Roman is gone. Lorenzo Neal was a regular RB when he was in college and wasn't converted to being a full time FB until he got to the NFL. Michael Robinson the TV guy was a QB at Penn State before he was converted to play FB by Mike Nolan. The guys that TT kept bringing in were former RB who got converted and a crash course in blocking.

In the end somebody will get lined up in the backfield at the traditional FB spot in goalline just because it allows the offense to attack the D anywhere along the line without giving an obvious read to the D. But it is just going to be who they can find to do it. If that someone is pretty good, then maybe they get used on more than just goalline/short yardage.

If you aren't giving a guy reps, it is hard for that player to get better If the guy is not that good it is hard to justify using him more, which is a big part of why the NFL is so bad at developing players.

Comment

Working...
                          X