• Nashville
    • Send PM

Chargers open as a 4.5 pt favorite over the Titans

Discuss.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Could be a 'trap'. Chargers had problems against their running game, particularly with Henry, in preseason..

Comment

• Buck
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I want to win, but if the season is hopeless, it's not really worth it. We are sitting somewhere between pick 6-9. I think we'll end up with about the 12th pick or so to be honest.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

I think we'll score big on them, barring injuries. Rivers for some reasons always played really well against TEN. Their defense, white serviceable, is nowhere near the caliber of DEN. Not to mention Whiz will spends all week for this revenge.

The concern is their offense. Both Mariota and Murray are double-threat guys who can pass/run and run/catch. Murray used to be just a 1 dimensional runner in DAL, but he have been develop a nice receiving game in PHI and TEN.
        Last edited by vinabolt; 10-31-2016, 04:53 PM.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

Have these people seen us play?

Comment

• vinabolt
            Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
            • Feb 2015
            • Send PM

While Murray get all the attention, one of the more underrated guy on their offense is D Henry. They formed a great one two punches. Will be tough for us to stop with all the injuries. Their OL is good, too.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Henry isn't even averaging 8 touches a game and almost 1/3 of his touches this season came last week when Murray got banged up and they were up big on the Jags anyway. Not saying he hasn't been productive when given the ball, but if Murray is able to go full speed Henry will likely continue to barely see the field. The key to stopping the Titans offense is pressuring Mariota into making bad mistakes. The Titans have been running effectively and their OL has improved in pass protection from the start of the season (playing inferior defenses will do that) over the last few weeks, coinciding with Mariota's improved play. Really wish Brown was healthy for this one, watching him cover Delanie Walker would have been a great assessment of how good he can be in coverage.

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

That's why I said he's underrated. I think he showed a lot last game and they will try to feature him more. And they will form a dangerous one two punches going forward. His receiving game is more natural and smoother than Murray. Murray have improved his receiving skills since the DAL years, but he's still essentially a bulldozer type of RB. I think Henry will compliment him well and will get more time in passing situations.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

The Titans might be the ones underrating him, but as an opposing DC I don't think you game plan anything for the guy that is barely on the field. Henry finished preseason as the leading rusher, but as soon as the season started it's been all Murray all the time. Obviously the injury comes into play now, but the Titans have known all along how productive he can be at this level, why they haven't incorporated him more in the offense is as mysterious as four straight pass plays from the two yard line.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Titans utterly destroyed the Chargers in their Week 1 preseason game. Fortunately Dzubnar won't be on the field this time.

Quietly the Titans are 4-4 losing to Minnesota(5-2), Oakland(6-2), Houston(5-3), and Indy(3-5), winning against Detroit(4-4), Miami (3-4), Cleveland(0-8), and Jacksonville(2-5).

Will be interesting game, but Chargers ought to be the better team playing at home.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                      Henry isn't even averaging 8 touches a game and almost 1/3 of his touches this season came last week when Murray got banged up and they were up big on the Jags anyway. Not saying he hasn't been productive when given the ball, but if Murray is able to go full speed Henry will likely continue to barely see the field. The key to stopping the Titans offense is pressuring Mariota into making bad mistakes. The Titans have been running effectively and their OL has improved in pass protection from the start of the season (playing inferior defenses will do that) over the last few weeks, coinciding with Mariota's improved play. Really wish Brown was healthy for this one, watching him cover Delanie Walker would have been a great assessment of how good he can be in coverage.
                      McCoy will come up with a way to beat us.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        McCoy will come up with a way to beat us.
                        Of that I am never in doubt.

Comment

Working...
                        X