• Show
Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

I'm thinking Whitehurst has looked like a legit NFL backup the last couple games. Moves the offense and seems in control.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Zot
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Did not see the game...sounds like the Whiners have a lot more talent on the team and therefore had to start the ones against our twos because...oh, I don't know, maybe it was McCoys comments about playing to win.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Or Harbaugh wanted to give his guys a little more work before the season. In any case, it's clear their scrubs are better than ours.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          23 pages for the scrubs. Impressive
          You've gotta set your 'max entries/page' to 40. Fewer pages.

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I couldn't watch the whole game, but I thought Fozzy looked the best he has looked in any of the games and really made a statement. I was left thinking that maybe he could be our #2 RB and that makes me feel better about losing our 4th round pick to take Te'o.

I still like Sorenson even though he made some bad plays last night. I still prefer his upside to CBJ's fairly low ceiling. (See, I actually don't mind keeping young players that I think have potential over veterans that I think do not.)

Still, I am left with the impression that we need to be major players in waiver wire market as our depth really leaves a lot to be desired. Right now we have too many reserves that just aren't any good and we can't get rid of them all because then we won't have 53 players.

Comment

• Zot
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
              I couldn't watch the whole game, but I thought Fozzy looked the best he has looked in any of the games and really made a statement. I was left thinking that maybe he could be our #2 RB and that makes me feel better about losing our 4th round pick to take Te'o.

I still like Sorenson even though he made some bad plays last night. I still prefer his upside to CBJ's fairly low ceiling. (See, I actually don't mind keeping young players that I think have potential over veterans that I think do not.)

Still, I am left with the impression that we need to be major players in waiver wire market as our depth really leaves a lot to be desired. Right now we have too many reserves that just aren't any good and we can't get rid of them all because then we won't have 53 players.
              ...and I get the impression we WILL be major players.

Here's hopin'. (Have a small bet w/ the boss that we're a five hundred team. That's buckin' Vegas!)

We'll see.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post

RBs like Fozzy are a dime a dozen. He'll probaby make the team since he showed last night he could play STs and return KOs. If they cut Brown, I'll bet they sign another vet RB whow will get rep spelling Mathews before Fozzy does.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  RBs like Fozzy are a dime a dozen. He'll probaby make the team since he showed last night he could play STs and return KOs. If they cut Brown, I'll bet they sign another vet RB whow will get rep spelling Mathews before Fozzy does.
                  I disagree with your assessment of Fozzy. RB's that can break tackles aren't a dime a dozen.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    I didn't like Whitaker until last night. He seems to run hard, is younger (and, I assume, cheaper) than Brown, and will stick around. I have bought into the notion that Brown will not, however.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Hill should be nicknamed Hands of Stone. no mas.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Seriously. Jammer has better hands than Hill.

I'd still like to see Hill on the practice squad though.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          Hill should be nicknamed Hands of Stone. no mas.
                          Yea that's my main reason for cutting him. Our RB's will be a big part of the offense and they all need to be able to catch it out of the backfield. Hill has had 3 brutal drops on easy dump offs.

Comment

Working...
                          X