• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

2024 Draft Depth by Position

FYI Here is my quick study again of how the top 3 rounds could look like based on supply and demand with each column explained below.

Available : I took the top 96 players per CBS rankings big board for the top 3 rounds and summed them for each position. ie there are 19 WR in the top 96 players

Need : I took the top 3 needs for each team per Draftek and summed them to get the "Need' total for the position. ie 14 teams have WR as a need

Extra: I then subtracted Available- Need to get a view of the depth for each position. ie 5 extra WR

Lots of WR and OT as many have said it is a deep draft for both so we could get one need in each of the 1st 2 rnds. In shorter supply are Edge rushers, DL and IOL. But at 5 under the new regime it will be BPA so WR or OT likely. Hope this jives w what the mocks are showing.

image.png
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    FYI Here is my quick study again of how the top 3 rounds could look like based on supply and demand with each column explained below.

Available : I took the top 96 players per CBS rankings big board for the top 3 rounds and summed them for each position. ie there are 19 WR in the top 96 players

Need : I took the top 3 needs for each team per Draftek and summed them to get the "Need' total for the position. ie 14 teams have WR as a need

Extra: I then subtracted Available- Need to get a view of the depth for each position. ie 5 extra WR

Lots of WR and OT as many have said it is a deep draft for both so we could get one need in each of the 1st 2 rnds. In shorter supply are Edge rushers, DL and IOL. But at 5 under the new regime it will be BPA so WR or OT likely. Hope this jives w what the mocks are showing.

image.png
    your chart tells me to take your DT early if you need one, am I reading it wrong?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

your chart tells me to take your DT early if you need one, am I reading it wrong?
      No that is right. But BPA at 5 will be a WR or OT - so I dont think they will reach for a DT at 5. So we may miss out on a DT.

If they trade down though DT is possible w the extra #1 IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats why in my mock i have IOL and DT early .

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Updated Chart

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 8.33.41 AM.png

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018