• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

we're about to witness the strength of real coaching, players that people have already written off contributing etc...
    Marty Ball 2.0

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Oh snap!
      Hey now, I just checked and 2020 he played 15 games. I don’t recall Verrett playing a full season. His most was 14

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And what if he still doesn't show improvement? When he did get carries, they weren't impressive. I didn't feel confident about him when he got his opportunities. The first game he got a carry, against Seattle in 2022, he got negative yardage.

He's young and can still get better though. Spiller has potential to be better than Joshua Kelley. It'll be all on him to meet his potential. I don't really trust the JK Dobbins signing. And I'm not Greg Roman fan. But I do wish the running game improves.
        if Spiller needs 20 carries to get in a rhythm, he’s never gonna get those carries. He’s gonna have to learn to come in and go immediately, attack those rare chances he gets like it’s his last.

I say lets see what another off-year of realization what the NFL requires and what work he did to improve - come on in and surprise us. I’m not betting on him as a factor though, I’m looking to stock my pantry still. If he surprises, all the better.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Spiller- Up to him. Put in the work, he's in a good spot to earn a role. Will he, I don't know.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

I don't get the love for Spiller. He's had his chances and has been not just bad but appallingly bad. He's had 55 carries for a 2.5 ypc average. I've not seen anything about his play that leads me to believe he still has potential. He had promise when he was drafted. He's got decent measurables. But he cannot cut it in the pros. Some guys just don't adapt to the NFL. Spiller is one of those guys. I doubt he will make the roster. He might make the PS, but I even have some doubt about that.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I don't get the love for Spiller. He's had his chances and has been not just bad but appallingly bad. He's had 55 carries for a 2.5 ypc average. I've not seen anything about his play that leads me to believe he still has potential. He had promise when he was drafted. He's got decent measurables. But he cannot cut it in the pros. Some guys just don't adapt to the NFL. Spiller is one of those guys. I doubt he will make the roster. He might make the PS, but I even have some doubt about that.
              I'm not making excuses or expressing love for Spiller. I'm simply saying that this is a different offense with different coaches and different training and playcalling. Simple fact.
              I'd give him a clean slate and he gets it or he does not.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm not making excuses or expressing love for Spiller. I'm simply saying that this is a different offense with different coaches and different training and playcalling. Simple fact.
                Well based on what I've seen from Spiller, a different offense and coaching staff isn't going to change much. He just doesn't have it. IMO.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Well based on what I've seen from Spiller, a different offense and coaching staff isn't going to change much. He just doesn't have it. IMO.
                  you're probably right about Spiller, to me it just feels like he hasn't gotten a chance to prove himself, this staff will give him a chance, if he makes it or not is not as set in stone as you make it out to be, I think he's got a shot to stick around IF he buys in...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I saw the same things. I also saw that he's very young and was well regarded in the draft. His situation seems incomplete to me. he's on the roster and IMO should be treated like young depth as long as he's a #3-4 prospect. We'll keep at least 4RBs on the 53 with our top 2 having an injury history, probably 5.I'd have 8-9 RBs on the 90. I'd give Spiller a chance to advance or eliminate himself this year with this team
                    There's also the fact that I have no respect whatsoever for what last year's coaching staff failed to accomplish in training or in games.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I saw the same things. I also saw that he's very young and was well regarded in the draft. His situation seems incomplete to me. he's on the roster and IMO should be treated like young depth as long as he's a #3-4 prospect. We'll keep at least 4RBs on the 53 with our top 2 having an injury history, probably 5.I'd have 8-9 RBs on the 90. I'd give Spiller a chance to advance or eliminate himself this year with this team
                      There's also the fact that I have no respect whatsoever for what last year's coaching staff failed to accomplish in training or in games.
                      2nd round would be well regarded...4th round is like throwing darts at the board and hoping for the best. The top 3 rb's could replace him in a heartbeat in this years draft. 3 deep and compete...
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

To me he just doesnt look the part. Body looks soft, doesnt seem to have any physicality or explosiveness. Easy to bring down as a 2.5 yard per carry ave would attest.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

2nd round would be well regarded...4th round is like throwing darts at the board and hoping for the best. The top 3 rb's could replace him in a heartbeat in this years draft. 3 deep and compete...
                          He dropped in that draft for a reason it appears

Comment

Working...
                          X