How Would You TPB Family Members Like To Approach The Draft This Year?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

How Would You TPB Family Members Like To Approach The Draft This Year?

Should we keep the main draft thread going and just adjust the titles to accommodate each day? Should we lock the main draft thread and go with individual day threads? Then after the draft roll the draft day threads into the main thread? Or we could leave the main draft thread open and still have individual day threads?

Bolt O and I were just wondering how you would like us to run TPB for the draft.

Lets see what you all have to say. We will do our best to accommodate.

Aloha
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

In a Rolls Royce, if possible. Why do you ask? lol

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

My vote would be to lock the draft thread, start individual day threads and then merge later as you see fit.

Honestly I'm good with whatever the group decides. Excited to celebrate this first draft of a new Chargers era with everyone here!
      ​​
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Not sure what you do about the main, but individual day threads would be great, to compartmentalize the discussions....maybe unsticky the main thread til after the draft? Also, unsticky day threads once the next day is underway?
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Agree with the individual day threads and locking the draft thread until after.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Last year, we went with keeping the same superthread, but that was when the it was about 320 pages long. The current one is now >711 and growing. In any case, whether we have separate day threads, I'll still mark the start of the round in a link, but will probably lock the previous day thread during the actual draft, so the conversation will stay focused when the draft is open. We will have Welcome threads for the draftees for deeper discussion outside the draft day threads, day three draftees welcome threads tend to be very short in discussion life though, and a UDFA thread.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Individual day threads.
              Keep it fresh.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                Last year, we went with keeping the same superthread, but that was when the it was about 320 pages long. The current one is now >711 and growing. In any case, whether we have separate day threads, I'll still mark the start of the round in a link, but will probably lock the previous day thread during the actual draft, so the conversation will stay focused when the draft is open. We will have Welcome threads for the draftees for deeper discussion outside the draft day threads, day three draftees welcome threads tend to be very short in discussion life though, and a UDFA thread.
                Lets do that brother. I actually slept on this(4 hours lol) and i think i would prefer the individual day threads. Like others have said... to keep it more categorized. I like going back and reading those sometimes. We can just unstick the main draft thread. Not lock it. Warn members that the separate draft threads will lock at the start of the next day so they dont get to deep into discussions. Then after the draft just leave those threads locked and put the main draft thread back up in the stuck thread section. All the individual draft threads lock and we turn the focus back to the superdraft thread when the draft concludes. Then create a new UDFA thread. Stick that. Change the title of the main draft thread to Post Draft Discussion etc.

No need to merge those draft threads into the main draft thread after it ends. Eventually i can move the individual threads to the draft section and open those back up so others will still have access if they want to post there. I would love that superdraft thread to hit 1000 pages. lol Have we ever hit 1K pages?

Also given how successful this forum has become....with so many CMB'ers saving our ass....i wonder if i should increase the post amount per page? It will reduce the amount of pages by half if i increase. More scrolling and less page turning. Might be a more efficient use of the forum for members.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Since you asked...are you sure you want to lock previous day threads? Guys are gonna talk about round 1 whether you lock that thread or not...it will just spill onto day 2 thread...jmo...I would keep it open, but unstick it off headline section...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Individual threads please. Much easier to navigate. There is no need to lock the previous day's threads, but to keep them apart is nice. If you want to talk Day 1, stay out of the Day 3 thread.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Since you asked...are you sure you want to lock previous day threads? Guys are gonna talk about round 1 whether you lock that thread or not...it will just spill onto day 2 thread...jmo...I would keep it open, but unstick it off headline section...
                      The main draft thread will be just 'unstuck', not locked, so you could discuss there if a day thread is locked. The Draft Day threads are kind of like Game Day Threads, not much real depth of thought there. Day one thread probably will be open until mid afternoon Friday, enough time to beat the dead horses.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                        Should we keep the main draft thread going and just adjust the titles to accommodate each day? Should we lock the main draft thread and go with individual day threads? Then after the draft roll the draft day threads into the main thread? Or we could leave the main draft thread open and still have individual day threads?

Bolt O and I were just wondering how you would like us to run TPB for the draft.

Lets see what you all have to say. We will do our best to accommodate.

Aloha
                        Whichever you think.

We can have a draft day threads I suppose.

I know you don't like multiple threads but there will be a thread for each player drafted as usual so I don't see how a few more for a draft threads will hurt but whichever you decide,......as long as I can find it lol.

Let's just keep those on Twitter from posting the picks in the thread early before they announce them.
                        I watch the TV and stay off Twitter on draft day.

Comment

Working...
                        X