• Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I’d be very pleased with JPJ.
    I wouldn't be mad about this either. Hortiz did say they're not done addressing the OL.

Would JPJ play guard as a rookie? Or just groom him to solely play center next year?

Agreed that I'm still really worried about the interior of the OL. I'm hoping Zion just had a sophomore slump because he was very good as a rookie.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I wouldn't be mad about this either. Hortiz did say they're not done addressing the OL.

Would JPJ play guard as a rookie? Or just groom him to solely play center next year?

Agreed that I'm still really worried about the interior of the OL. I'm hoping Zion just had a sophomore slump because he was very good as a rookie.
      For me, its just about talent
      look at the draft board - cross off names and the highest ranked play, if not QB, K and now OT - pick that player

Chargers need: IDL. WR, Center, LB, RB, CB

they need talent - don't worry about needs - get talent

I think trading back in the 2nd Round for an extra 4th would be excellent

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

“Whos the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL as of today?!?! Amon St Brown. 4th round pick..”

-Matt Money Smith

The dude is spitting fire today…

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
          “Whos the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL as of today?!?! Amon St Brown. 4th round pick..”

-Matt Money Smith

The dude is spitting fire today…
          I think that's a good round this year to take one...
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

I think that's a good round this year to take one...
            Take 2.
            They have 105 and 110 in the 4th.
            They do need to get up jnto the 2nd twice today, though.
            The 2nd round is a defensive 1st round today.

Also. Money Smith made another observation…

”If Alt isn’t worth taking at 5 instead of a weapon, then why is it that every other freaking pick in the 1st round is an OT?!?!”

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

There is gonna be some great players when the Chargers pick in the 2nd and 3rd!

With the 2nd pick Powers, Cooper, Newton, Koolaid, Jenkins, Frazier, Colson, Mitchell, DeJean, McConkey, Bebee etc. etc. etc...

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

There is gonna be some great players when the Chargers pick in the 2nd and 3rd!

With the 2nd pick Powers, Cooper, Newton, Koolaid, Jenkins, Frazier, Colson, Mitchell, DeJean, McConkey, etc. etc. etc...
                I’d add Max Melton as a real possibility at 37. He’s a really good CB.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I’d add Max Melton as a real possibility at 37. He’s a really good CB.
                  Yep would be happy with him as well! When we see our whole draft completely I think we'll be mostly happy!

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Jack

”If Alt isn’t worth taking at 5 instead of a weapon, then why is it that every other freaking pick in the 1st round is an OT?!?!”[/QUOTE]

Exactly….this year is the best OT class regarding high-end talent in a long time. Most teams don’t have two good tackles and 7 went off the board in the first round. If you look at the board now, there are very good WR’s and CB’s and DT Newton OR JPJ/Frazier sitting there. Part of draft strategy is knowing where the drop offs are by position group. The best OT’s are gone…I’d say so far they are reading the draft well and think there’s a really nice cluster of Wr’s and CB’s on the board ….probably 10 of each. I could see them going either of these in 2nd round, but if there’s position scarcity maybe they go in a different direction….they will address both between now and their 2 4th round picks for sure.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

Exactly….this year is the best OT class regarding high-end talent in a long time. Most teams don’t have two good tackles and 7 went off the board in the first round. If you look at the board now, there are very good WR’s and CB’s and DT Newton OR JPJ/Frazier sitting there. Part of draft strategy is knowing where the drop offs are by position group. The best OT’s are gone…I’d say so far they are reading the draft well and think there’s a really nice cluster of Wr’s and CB’s on the board ….probably 10 of each. I could see them going either of these in 2nd round, but if there’s position scarcity maybe they go in a different direction….they will address both between now and their 2 4th round picks for sure.
                      Correct. If we take the "sexy pick" of Nabers, then in the 2nd Rd AT BEST we pick the 8th best OL in the draft and Herbert doesn't finish this season either.

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Correct. If we take the "sexy pick" of Nabers, then in the 2nd Rd AT BEST we pick the 8th best OL in the draft and Herbert doesn't finish this season either.
                        Compared to consensus, there were several OT’s the “experts” expected to be available with our early 2nd. None are there. There are WR’s and CB’s (and a few other players) that have now fallen further than expected and we’re in a prime spot to take advantage. Looking forward to today’s picks!

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

Compared to consensus, there were several OT’s the “experts” expected to be available with our early 2nd. None are there. There are WR’s and CB’s (and a few other players) that have now fallen further than expected and we’re in a prime spot to take advantage. Looking forward to today’s picks!
                          Facts!

Think of all the OTs that went in round 1 and the Chargers got the best of all of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X