• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    How about this guy in round 4? 6-0, 221#, runs a blazing fast 4.33 40...

image.png
    He kind of grew on me .... but I like Jaylen Wright just a bit more.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

This regime doesn’t draft BPA, see Joe Alt with the faith pick with much better prospects in positions of bigger need on the board. They are building Harbaugh team the way he wants to build it not BPA. Hang on and enjoy the Harbaugh experience, especially if you wanted him here like 99% of the fans on this board.

It’s going to be an interesting ride. He better win and win in division quickly or this is going to go south fast.
      It was very close - Alt and Nabers were within one ot two picks on most big boards. Alt was right around 5 on many boards, especially pre-combine. As much as i liked Nabors, the WR position in general comes with red flags nowadays:

1. contract inflation
      2. diva problems - trade demands, etc.

Harbaugh is definitely an O-line guy, which is fine by me. So that can be seen as a tie-breaker - i can give u that.

however, to use the Alt pick to prove or disprove the BPA theory seems off-base. Especially when u factor in the whole two left tackle issue. The perfect fit from PON would have been an ORT. O-line was definitely a need and i only see Nabers as possibly ahead of Alt for pure BPA.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Oh I thought that was Braelon Allen. I only saw his picture. I mean Allen is likely a 4.55-4.6 guy as his 40 is listed as a speedster on that site as well.

Guerendo as I've mentioned a couple times is injury prone and had season ending injuries 3 straight years. Last season was his most productive with 132 carries and was able to stay healthy.
        ​
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          DT's Leonard Taylor and McKinnley Jackson
          CB's TJ Tampa, Cam Hart, Caelen Carson, Josh Newton, Chau Smith-Wade, and Kalen King.
          RB's Jaylen Wright, Marshawn Lloyd, Audric Estime.
          TE's Ja'Tavion Sanders, Cade Stover, Jared Wiley.
          OG Layden Robinson
          Safety Tykee Smith, Josh Proctor

Hell, go get another WR...
          McKinnley Jackson & Marshawn Lloyd were taken.

that's a lot of corners.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Looking up Delmar Glaze, at NFL Draft Scout he is ranked 168 and PFF he is ranked 257. Ranked 169 on The Huddle Report, NFL Draft Buzz doesn't give a ranking # ,just says 6th round.

Not going to look at a ton of places,...and the NFL Draft Tracker guy that does the little writeups on the picks for the teams that drafted them said he did not have Glaze in his top 100.

Seems like Telesco had another annual classic reach is what I'm getting at. An early taste for Raider fans.....as they also plan to play JPJ at OG..

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              @ #105 Clusta

Jaden Hicks. Combo Safety who can come down low and cover TEs. Frees Derwin. Great size. The talent level brings great value in Round 4.

Josh Newton. Inside/Outside CB. Vast experience will allow him to play Minter Football immediately. That is a big deal and something we would be fortunate to get here in Round 4.

Leonard Taylor III. DT. Miami played him out of position at 1Tech in '23. In '22 LT III looked great when allowed to do what he does best. Most boards have knocked him way, way down. I see exceptional value at an exact position of need.

Re: LT3--Very interesting.
              Re: Hicks. Brugler has him very high, making his fall look almost, Salyer-esque. Do you know of he can he play true FS?
              Re: Newton, there are several CBs I'm interested in so I'd much rather target the other 2 with our only 4th rd pick.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Re: LT3--Very interesting.
                Re: Hicks. Brugler has him very high, making his fall look almost, Salyer-esque. Do you know of he can he play true FS?
                Re: Newton, there are several CBs I'm interested in so I'd much rather target the other 2 with our only 4th rd pick.
                Just saw Spielman talking about Hicks. Said he probably dropped a little because some teams have concerns about his play in space. Likes the player but he doesnt sound like a FS

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Just saw Spielman talking about Hicks. Said he probably dropped a little because some teams have concerns about his play in space. Likes the player but he doesnt sound like a FS
                  I got a similar idea from Brugler.
                  Not a fit with all the talent suddenly there.
                  If we draft a S, he needs to play FS.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

I think at 105 I am hoping for Jaylen Wright or TJ Tampa.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Excellent drafting the first two nights! No reaches and no trying to outsmart everyone else getting players who fills needs. Hopefully they will continue in the same vein on day 3.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

It was very close - Alt and Nabers were within one ot two picks on most big boards. Alt was right around 5 on many boards, especially pre-combine. As much as i liked Nabors, the WR position in general comes with red flags nowadays:

1. contract inflation
                        2. diva problems - trade demands, etc.

Harbaugh is definitely an O-line guy, which is fine by me. So that can be seen as a tie-breaker - i can give u that.

however, to use the Alt pick to prove or disprove the BPA theory seems off-base. Especially when u factor in the whole two left tackle issue. The perfect fit from PON would have been an ORT. O-line was definitely a need and i only see Nabers as possibly ahead of Alt for pure BPA.
                        Alt has said he’s open to play RT if that’s the case he’s the best pure tackle on the board. All that being said Nabors for sure and probably Odunze were from a talent perspective just much much higher rated than Alt. Sure maybe Alt was high but the gap in talent differential was huge. Nabors was seen by many evaluators as better than MHJ and MHJ is generational. Not one scout thinks Alt is generational.

Sure this could work out and o hope we win a championship and I eat a ton of crow. I’m just a realist and I know that this league is not a running league it’s a passing league and you don’t win without weapons. Right now the chargers best pure weapon on offense (not JH of course) is probably McC or Gus Bus. Even Mahomes with his WR by committee had the best TE in the game in Kelce to bail him out when the WRs couldn’t. The NfL today is all about the big pass play, the nfl consistently has shown over and over that it is making the pass harder and harder to defend. It’s no coincidence that WRs are getting bigger and bigger contracts and RBs smaller and smaller.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Alt has said he’s open to play RT if that’s the case he’s the best pure tackle on the board. All that being said Nabors for sure and probably Odunze were from a talent perspective just much much higher rated than Alt. Sure maybe Alt was high but the gap in talent differential was huge. Nabors was seen by many evaluators as better than MHJ and MHJ is generational. Not one scout thinks Alt is generational.

Sure this could work out and o hope we win a championship and I eat a ton of crow. I’m just a realist and I know that this league is not a running league it’s a passing league and you don’t win without weapons. Right now the chargers best pure weapon on offense (not JH of course) is probably McC or Gus Bus. Even Mahomes with his WR by committee had the best TE in the game in Kelce to bail him out when the WRs couldn’t. The NfL today is all about the big pass play, the nfl consistently has shown over and over that it is making the pass harder and harder to defend. It’s no coincidence that WRs are getting bigger and bigger contracts and RBs smaller and smaller.
                          I agree that it is a passing league, but if you can't run the ball, you are going to have problems. we also need pass protection. i like the 1-2 punch they made in the first two rounds - they made a targeted effort to get a good receiver with the 2nd pick. I would have been happy with Nabers #1 and a RT in round 2, but they flipped it. we will see what happens....

Comment

Working...
                          X